3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian, Vegan & Raw/Living food recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-vegan-raw-living-food-recipes-150/)
-   -   Black Bean Veggie Burger (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-vegan-raw-living-food-recipes/219547-black-bean-veggie-burger.html)

KmbRN84 12-12-2010 10:06 PM

Black Bean Veggie Burger

I made these for dinner tonight after looking at lots of recipes.

1 16 oz can black beans
1/2 green pepper
1/2 medium onion
3 large button mushrooms
3 small cloves garlic
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup of rolled oats

Preheat oven to 375

1. Mash can of black beans
2. Blend green pepper, onion, mushrooms and garlic in a food processor (I then strained alot of the liquid out of these)
3. Mix egg, garlic salt, cumin and chili powder in a separate bowl
4. Mix black beans and veggies together
5. Mix in egg mixture
6. Mix in rolled oats

Form patties, I made 5, place greased on cookie sheet and cook for about 10-12 min on each side.
Min were about 120 calories per patty.

seidlet 12-12-2010 10:11 PM

the co-op i work for makes black bean burgers from a recipe very similar to this one in the deli (no egg in ours, though) and they are SOOOOOO good. veggie burgers made from scratch are so much better than almost all the store bought ones.

pipernoswiper 12-12-2010 10:12 PM

this sounds really really good ;)

picasso80 12-13-2010 11:22 PM

i just tried black bean veggie burger today but was store bought and was sooo yummy so im pretty sure homemade has to be amazing lol thanks for putting the recipe i will definately try it :)

Jojo381972 12-14-2010 12:22 AM

The recipe looks delicious. I'll definitely try this one out. I am getting sick of eating the already made veggie burgers. I am not overly crazed about the meat substitute burgers, and am looking for a good bean/veggie/grain burger.

KmbRN84 12-16-2010 10:19 AM

I just finished the last one in the batch I made and I can't wait to make another. Mom non veggie mother even likes them!

CanadianCutie 12-16-2010 01:19 PM

I haven't been a vegetarian in years, but I still enjoy non meat meals. I'm going to make these Sunday night I think, to last me for lunches during the week.

cheryl126 12-19-2010 11:31 AM

I just started making a double batch of these and then realized that we're out of eggs! Off to the store I go... This recipe sounds awesome though, I'm so excited to try it:)

cheryl126 12-19-2010 04:57 PM

confession: I never went and got the eggs, but these were great anyway! My boyfriend, who usually turns his nose up at veggie burgers or anything with beans, loved them!

PostWeddingsmallsize 08-06-2013 02:25 AM

I'm not a fan of green peppers or mushrooms...I might try to substitute or omit these. But otherwise I'll try it.

amandie 08-06-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostWeddingsmallsize (Post 4809586)
I'm not a fan of green peppers or mushrooms...I might try to substitute or omit these. But otherwise I'll try it.

If it's the flavor of green peppers that you don't like, I'd omit it. As for the mushrooms, I'd probably leave it in since you likely wouldn't be able to taste it.

For me, I'd definitely saute the garlic, onions and green peppers before I blend it up. I think it'd give more flavor to the patty. I haven't had one in soooo long and I've got some leftover black beans. I may have that for lunch tomorrow! :D