Do we have any smoothie recipes?

• I noticed there is a board with raw foods, why not start one for raw drinks? I'm a newbie in search for info. Can you raw experts help me to learn?
  • I've been loving my morning shake...

a couple handfuls of spinach, 1/2 cup of berries and 1/2 banana... it is really good oh and ground flax seed.
  • That is a great shake Nelie!
  • The green smoothies are very good... it is a bit of trial and error when you first start making them... LOL my first one was not so good but I drank it anyway! I can tell you what I put in mine, they are not very "green" in color because I use a cup of blueberries to take that away a bit.

3-4 cups baby spinach - loosely packed
    2 medium banana's - pretty ripe - the riper the sweeter the smoothie IMHO
    1 cup red seedless grapes
    1 cups frozen blueberries - no sugar added.
    3/4 to 1 cup of water

I start by blending the greens first with the water until totally blended, then add the grapes and let them blend, then add the bananas and blend a bit more and finally the blueberries and blend well. I pour into in a large travel beverage container and take it to work with me, I have half for my breakfast and half for a mid morning snack.

Hope this helps and this is only how I do it, you can try what works for you. I also had to work up to the 3-4 cups of spinach... LOL I started with about 2 cups.
  • I am not sure how much spinach I use but it is about 2 cups packed so I'd imagine about 4 cups loose. Some mornings I have 2 spinach smoothies which means about 8 cups of loose spinach just for breakfast
  • My favorite smoothie is...

A handful of baby spinach
    A frozen banana
    A golden delicious apple
    Water or apple or orange juice (fresh, of course)
    Ice (sometimes)

Very tasty!
  • my favorites...

shake

1 cup coconut water
    1 medium banana
    1 tablespoon goji berries
    1 tablespoon cacao powder
    1/2 tablespoon maca powder
    1/2 tablespoon msm

smoothie

1 cup orange juice
    1 medium banana
    1 heaped tablespoon green vibrance
  • 1 cup almond milk
    1 banana
    1 seedless orange, peeled
    1 cup frozen mixed berries.

Sometimes I put in a handful of spinach.

Yum!

My husband drinks the same thing, but he adds goji berries, and sometimes a carrot and a tomato.
  • I get frozen fruit at Costco and I blend that with spinach most mornings. I contacted the company and they assured me it is not heat treated. They have several blends, this morning it was papaya, mango and pineapple, plus I added a bit of ginger root to the blender cup before tossing in the spinach... yum!!
  • Just saw a fun seasonal one!!

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

1 cup almond milk
    1/4 cup rolled whole oats
    1 Tbsp. chia seeds
    1/4 cup organic pureed canned pumpkin
    1/2 – 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
    1/2 frozen ripe banana
    1-2 tsp cinnamon
    1 medjool date, pitted
    3 ice cubes
  • My favorite smoothie is...

Ninja Smoothie

1 c. frozen spinach

1 c. milk

5 baby carrots (peeled)

1/2 apple (cored and peeled)

1 c. frozen berries

1 banana

vanilla protein powder

Start by blending the spinach and milk until all large chunks are gone. Add each additional ingredient one at a time, Wait until each ingredient is blended until smooth before adding the next. Finish by adding vanilla protein powder according to the instructions (we do one heaping scoop in ours).

NOTE: The smoothie will be a lovely purple or pink in the blender and then turns a putrid grey/brown once it oxidizes.

It's still yummy!