Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #16  
WW Moderator

The moderators volunteer their time to help maintain the boards in a peaceful manner. We've got more than one million posts on this forum, so you can imagine how many needless arguments have arisen. She's just trying to prevent an argument from happening. As for the amount of posted rules, I think it's a good thing that there isn't a long string of do's and dont's. Fortunately, we don't have too many ruffled feathers.

If you have any specific whims you want to discuss, please feel free to send me a PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:30 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I did not say that comments were "not allowed" in this forum. I'm simply saying that making comments about things that you don't follow doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

It would be the same as if I popped into the Faith based forum here and started talking about my dislike of pushy religious people or telling the WLS people that they should be doing things naturally (***which is not how I feel by the way - these are just examples). I know that my comments would more than likely offend some and start an argument so I don't do that.

As Jennifer pointed out we just like to keep the feathers in place.

So .... getting back to the original question which made me think just why is meat a big deal?

If someone offered you a piece of cheesecake and you said " No thanks, I don't like cheesecake" they most likely would not try to force it on you, question you or get into a debate about how you should be eating cheesecake.

Certain faiths do not eat pork because of their beliefs and most people respect that so why can't some people MYOB and not lecture each other on their choices to eat or to not eat meat and respect those beliefs? What difference does it make to them what other people eat anyway? I don't get it sometimes.

Hmmm.... maybe you can use those points I just made next time someone bugs you about being a veggie!

BTW -Inconceivable and Jennifer made some very good points as well - definitely things to think about.
Closed Thread