3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks-121/)
-   -   McDougall (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks/90122-mcdougall.html)

GoingGoal 07-26-2006 12:46 PM

McDougall

Is anyone doing Dr. McDougall's MWL?

<Lincosuction>

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fdm/thumbelina.gif Theresa

gggbdomino 07-26-2006 05:01 PM

I was thinking of it and have looked into it have you done this program?

G

GoingGoal 07-26-2006 06:29 PM

I did it years ago. I felt really good but it was hard because my kids were younger and they were use to having meat and dairy. Now they are older and through the years we have taken out red meat, eggs and milk. Also, now their taste buds have naturally leaned in this direction so it is easier when the whole family eats the same thing. Although ,the kids will probably still have their sandwiches. With the Maximum Weight Loss plan you can have whole grains like whole-grain cereals, ( I use rice milk with cereal) brown rice, corn, oatmeal, barley, millet and wheat berries. You can not have flour products like bread, bagels, or pretzels.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fdm/swing2.gif[Automated by GetSmile] Theresa

gggbdomino 07-26-2006 07:12 PM

that is a bit confuseing because in the 12 day free plan on his web site there are some of the recipes call for ww bread or ff tortila chips or the like. If you can't eat bread how do you make the breakfast on the go it's a potato sandwich. thanks for the information I'm just a little confused.

thanks G

GoingGoal 07-26-2006 09:06 PM

Yes, the MWL plan is a little step up from the 12 day because of the bread factor. For breakfast you can something like Oatmeal with a little maple syrup on it, Kashi cereal with rice milk, home-fried potatoes (with out oil) with ketchup. I will make a baked potato in the microwave the night before and cook it up real quick in the AM- it really is a matter of minutes. I don't think it is really that hard it may take it little forethought in the beginning, as any new way of eating does. Grab his MWL book from the library if you don't have it and look through it. He talks about specifically coming up with this plan for people, like women, who have a hard time loosing because their bodies metabolism are shot.

gggbdomino 07-27-2006 01:44 AM

that sounds like me. I've been doing dr. Furhmans eat to live programe and right now I'm a little frustrated and not sure I want to continue. I really like being a vegitarian and I would never eat meat again I'm just not sure I can make a vegan diet a life style with out some more carbs and such. Do you recomend the 12 day program till I can get the book?

GoingGoal 07-28-2006 12:59 PM

Read this article at the mcdougal site - drmcdougall.com/misc/2005nl/050100.htm.

click on first article on Pushing Set Point.

jazzmegirl 08-04-2006 10:19 PM

Hi. I'd be very interested in doing McDougall. I went to a five-day class on MWL, and just haven't gotten my butt in gear on it, yet. Every other plan always seems to leave me feeling hungry. Is anyone interested?
Amie

GoingGoal 08-06-2006 10:07 PM

That is what I am doing. I feel great. I am not hungry at all. In the morning I have either oatmeal w/t brown sugar or Kashi cereal with rice milk (not soy on MWL you avoid soy because it is higher in fat), or country fried potatoes (no oil) with bell peppers, onions and ketchup. For lunch I have soup or salad or both. For dinners usually a stew, or a rice dish, or baked potato with salsa or vege's on top with no oil Italian dressing. My point is that there are lots of choices you just have to make some adjustments. Here is a site with some recipes fatfreevegan.com his news letter also has recipes on them drmcdougall.com I know this sounds like an advertisement but I just think this is the healthiest way to go. If you don't have his book I suggest picking up a copy. There is a lot of really good info in there. PM me if you like and we can buddy up.

jazzmegirl 08-16-2006 12:41 AM

Hi. I'd be interested in finding MacDougall buddies. I'm gonna dig out my stuff from the class and my books and start looking through them.

Let me know if anybody's interested.
Amie

Idrial 08-22-2006 04:32 PM

How's everyone doing on McD? I went to his discussion board and it sounds very encouraging that so many feel well and lose weight. Just wondering how y'all are doing!

GoingGoal 08-22-2006 08:25 PM

Hi Idrial , I am doing pretty good. I had 3 more pounds down as of this last Monday. I feel good and I have not felt deprived. In fact I have been enjoying the food I make just as much now if not more than before. This morning I had some left over boiled red potatoes in the fridge so I cut them up and browned them in a pan with just a little vege broth. I was home for lunch today and cut up some portobello mushrooms, onion, and asparagus and sauteed that in a little water. When it was just about done I thought I would add a little mustard for flavor and it was surprisingly good. This all only took about 10 min to make and the meaty mushrooms are very satisfying. For dinner tonight I am going to make rice bowls with steamed veges and a little teriyaki sauce. Next time you go to the discussion board check out the link on the right for the star McDougallers. It is very encouraging!

gggbdomino 08-23-2006 12:23 AM

I'm glade your doing well I just got the book yesterday and hope to start reading it soon. The parts I read so far are very good and I like his engery it's seems really good to me. I'll keep you all informed as I sart on the 4th my best friend willl be here this next week and I'm not starting any new programs while she is here. Good luck everyone

Peace
G

Idrial 08-24-2006 03:55 PM

GoingGoal, great job! I'm glad it's going well for you.
gggbdomino, you are being really smart about waiting until your friend is gone. I tried to eat well while parents were here and it's so difficult and ends up being stressful. Now that they are gone I can focus and eat much better. What is it about company?

WeightNoMore2007 01-01-2007 06:59 PM

where did everyone go....are they still mcdougalling??????