Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 06:08 PM   #16  

Gee, I will join in the posting. I eat whole, unprocessed as much as possible with no meat, but I do eat fish, dairy and eggs.

Today (12/29)

Breakfast 1 (before gym - cardio workout): 1/2 c FF plain yogurt, six grapes, 1/4 c blueberies, 1/4 c Uncle Sam cereal sprinkles of cinnamon and ginger (all mixed together, 1 c coffee

Breakfast 2 (after gym) 1/2 c FF plain yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/4 c pumpkin, 1 T flaxseeds, 1/4 c rice "nuggets" cereal (like Grapenuts but made from rice), cinnamon and ginger, 6 grapes (all mixed together)

Lunch: 4 oz tempheh, 1 thin slice provolone cheese, 1 slice "Bread of Life" whole wheat bread, handful of carrots, handful of snap peas (probably about 3 oz each), 1 pickling cucumber (raw)

Snack: 1 pear, cup of decaf chai tea with 2 T nonfat dry milk

Dinner: (getting ready to fix now) 4oz tilapia, 1 T bruchetta (store bought - all natural, basic ingredients), 1/2 c black rice, 1 c green beans with a dash of olive oil, squeeze of lemon and salt

Snack - 6 -8 cashews and 3 slices mango.

If I had been doing a weight workout in addition to the cardio I would have had cottage cheese or added protein powder to the 1st breakfast, too
Old 12-30-2005, 12:51 AM   #17  
Vegan in Training

Default o m g

Steel cut oats made w/ h20 + 1 tangerine, 1 banana

Tabouleh salad from Whole Foods made with mint leaves
Asian noodle salad (for WPA pts)
One vegan brownie
Toby's tofu spread - Roasted Garlic & Red Pepper flavor
Cherry tomatoes
Almonds
Old 12-31-2005, 01:39 AM   #18  
Vegan in Training

One vegan brownie

Toby's tofu spread

Veggie skillet on whole wheat tortilla from Applebee's

Seasoned fries (my downfall!) also from Applebee's

Three peanut butter cookies (more downfall)

One oatmeal cookie

SmartDeli slices

Rich crackers

A bowl of sliced green and yellow bell peppers
Old 01-02-2006, 06:07 AM   #19  
Opulent

*Vegan*

Party food leftover day! Not enough veggies at all! I'll do better today

1 oz. mixed nuts and seeds

2 T. homemade pesto

2 T. homemade artichoke hearts dip

4 peices sourdough mini bread slices

1 cup fresh pineapple

2 cups calcium-fortifed orange juice

1 cup lemonade

1 cup oven fries

5 baked samosas (filled with mixed veggies and potatoes)

2 chocolate covered mint cookies

1 cup Silk Enhanced soymilk

3 glasses of water
Old 01-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #20  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Christmas Day:

Cheese and crackers
Pepsi
Spinach and Mushroom lasagna (lunch and dinner)
Old 04-16-2006, 05:01 AM   #21  

COOL il JOIN too

today April 16th 2006

B: 2 apples + a diet soda
L: Tabouleh salad
D: i dunno its still to early il decide l8r
S: i think cucumber and diet soda

and good luck to all
Old 04-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #22  
Herbivore :)

S/C/G: 276/146/129

Height: 5'3.5

I am an omnivore. I could live without meat if i truly took the time out. But sometimes i think its too time consuming. I don't know i guess i am not really and truly committed but i am trying to eat Vegetarian two-three days out of the week i don't think i could go out cold turkey.

But this was yesterday for me

1 Fuji Apple (100 cals)

Orville's Light Popcorn (100 cals a bag)

Garden Burger (consisting of the store bought organic broiled garden burger, two slices of rye bread, mayo, lettuce, and tomatoe.) (396 cals)

7 Rice Cakes (80 cals.)

Diet Coke (5 cals)

Tofu Stir Fry (120 cals)

Ice Cream covered in lightly sugared total cereal. (220 cals)

How do you think i am doing?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #23  

Mine today

Brekkie - wheat biscuit and bran flakes with skimmed milk

Lunch - Jacket potato with cheese and salad
3 sesame seed crackers

Snack: biscuit and a few pringles

Dinner is going to be spag bowl with veggie mince and tomatos, peppers, mushroom, I make my own sauce so it isn't fatty and use wholewheat pasta
Old 04-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #24  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Rubiehart: By my math you ate only around 1000 cals yesterday! That is not enough food, no woman should ever eat less than 1200 in a day, and at your current weight you will need more than that, exactly how much will depend on your level of activity. I know it might seem a little counterintuitive but eating too little will actually hinder your weight loss as your body will hold onto every last bit it can and will substantially lower the rate at which your burn calories (you metabolism that is). I see we're both in LA, if you don't mind my asking what 'hood are you in?

Since this is a food log, here’s what I ate yesterday:

B: smoothie made with a banana, frozen berries, soy milk, soy yogurt, cran-grape 100% juice (just a splash to sweeten)

L: Spinach/romaine salad with 1/3 avocado, carrots and bell peppers in FF balsamic vinaigrette
Potatoes (about ˝ c cubes) and Quorn “turkey roast” (6 slices) in homemade low-fat veg gravy

S: orange, 1 oz unsalted dry-roasted almonds

D: Whole Foods store brand organic mac & cheese mixed with 1 can veg baked beans, mushrooms, broccoli, onion and garlic. (I only use 1 tbsp margarine instead of the 2 called for on the box directions)

I was lazy after I got home from the gym and didn’t really feel like making a big to do about dinner, but I like making mac & cheese surprise and it’s so yummy topped with some hot sauce and a sprinkle of parm (might sound weird but it’s good!).

I don’t calorie count anymore, I did it long enough to learn to “guesstimate” my meals throughout the day so I end up somewhere in the 1400-1700 range most days. Seems to be working out pretty well for now.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:59 PM   #25  
Herbivore :)

S/C/G: 276/146/129

Height: 5'3.5

Hey Shananigans, I knew one of you gals was going to get at me for having 1021 cals. Normally, i eat 1200-1400 cals a day going to the gym for a hr and everything. Its just that Tuesdays are a rough for me. I have this mandatory night class, and it starts at five. I made a point to not eat after 7:30 pm. and by the time i get it out its close to 9:00 PM! So tuesdays are pretty bad when comes to eating, (i know) I don't go to the gym on Tuesdays either. I know the whole thing about dieting, i just Tuesdays i really cannot catch that much food. I have tried packing it in a bag for the whole day but, i just end up eating all of it at once. Its horrible. But, i promise that its just Tuesdays! So i see, that you live in the best city in the world? Gotta love it. I live in So Central. Off the 110. Where is your hood?

Erika
Old 04-20-2006, 02:43 PM   #26