Veggie Teams Challenge- Week 7

• Week 6 of our Challenge is over and here are the results:

Team 1 had the highest pounds lost with a total of 4.5 lbs!!! Collectively, Team 1 lost 0.8 % of their body weight. Congratulations Team 1!

Collectively, Team 2 didn't lose any weight. Here's hoping for a better result in Week 7!

With a notable loss of 4 lbs, bluestegosaurus had the biggest loss, losing 2% of her body weight. She also entered onederland in Week 6. Well done, blustegosaurus!
  • Is anyone else struggling with February blahs? It's weird, our February here in Ottawa is warmer than normal (there's still lots of snow), and I am not wishing for warm weather to get here sooner because one of my goals is to wear shorts this summer, which I will only be comfortable doing if I can get down to a size 16 regular. But still, whenever February rolls around, motivation is elusive. It must have something to do with the shorter days and fewer hours of sunlight... This is my first winter back in Canada after living in Southeast Asia for two years, so it might have something to do with that as well.

Anyone else have the "blahs"? What can we do to conquer them (besides getting on a plane and going somewhere warm and sunny)?
  • So blahed out this February. I am having a tough time with exercise and being able to still do it. It has been discouraging. I have been keeping on and taking it one step at a time. I have been able to start my walking again and that's good. I did not gain much while I was not walking but the slow up was discouraging.
    One thing I did do was order a bathing suit this week so I will have the excitement of waiting for that to come. I got it a size smaller so I will fit it this summer. That will be fun, working towards fitting into it and waiting for the weather to clear up and looking froward to the pool opening. I love to swim and had recently given away all of my suits that I grew out of. I had one that I had 10 years ago. Looking back, that means I have been overweight for at least 10 years. It's nice to think about why I had to get a new bathing suit.
  • I agree feb. been brutal! I was excited earlier this week though because I was able to buy a new pair of pants in a smaller size, which was awesome, but my goal this month was to really kickstart the exercising. . . and I've been once this entire month.
    I'm sure part of my issue this month is I've been eating out way too much. I started seeing a guy, but we go to dinner far too much. And I find it difficult to eat vegan at most places so I settle for vegetarian. Even that is difficult sometimes, and as a meat eater himself I am sure he thinks I am completely nuts. =)
  • Congrats bluestegausorus! Onederland is amazing!!!

I'm not really feeling the February blahs..but I've only been back on the wagon for a month...so not long enough to feel blah yet, lol. Plus we are having a bunch of sun here (Oregon), which never happens...so perhaps the vit D is getting to me! Hope things perk up for everyone else...
  • If you want to get over the February blahs try painting a set of kitchen cupboards. You'll get a totally different feeling about February, LOL. The month has sped by for me but I'm not having much success with weight loss. I find I must make weight loss one of the top priorities on my schedule of things to do and the cupboards have taken over. Some days I'm hungry enough to eat a (trying to think of a vegetarian figure of speech, lol) full dish of macaroni and cheese. So I do. Well, not macaroni but lots of stuff and at night when I finally stop working and climbing up on step stools and painting and cleaning. I haven't been on my bike for over 2 weeks or maybe 3 because I just can't seem to fit it in with all the other stuff. It just doesn't seem right to be "riding" away watching TV while DH is in the kitchen painting.

Katherine, I totally hear you on finding something to eat vegan/vegetarian in a regular restaurant. I'm in a rural area and vegetarian usually means pasta, fries, grilled cheese, nachos and cheese or steamed rice. And if it's a Chinese buffet it's all deep fried. When I eat out I want something WOW not something I can throw together myself at home. Hey, your new guy won't think you're nuts. He keeps asking you out, right? LOL
  • I am at 189 today.
  • 251.5 for me. Loss of 2.5
  • I'm at 203.6. I'm really excited 4 pounds to Onderland.
  • I'm up again!

Gotta get moving this week.