Old 05-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

Great job!!! Yeah, passing up so many goodies is hard but the feeling you get after doing so is so so worth it. I think soda should be, I don't know for sure though!
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 272/219.6/145

Height: 5' 4

What kinds of things do you guys eat while out at restaraunts?
KmbRN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #63  
kashametallic

S/C/G: 140/ticker/110

Height: 5ft

This is a little late in the months but if anyone wants tasty vegan food online they can go to vegweb its got tons of vegan recipes to try. You can also look on the urbanvegan she has some recipes some times. ima veggie myself right now. I'm gonna do vegan in june i'm excited. I hope your vegan diets are going well i would love to here how they went and some tips maybe? thanks
aussienerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 179/173.6/140

Height: 5ft 5"

Most soda is fine...except for Fanta...it's got fish extract in it! Bleurgh!!

I have just made a lovely vegan butternut squash tagine Full of awesome veggies, really filling and satifying.

Keep it up girlies....you're all doing great!
bella83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #65  

The month is almost over!!!!! I'm excited but this month has definitely showed me low easy veganism is. I'm honestly considering doing a complete lifestyle change. After I binge on chicken and cheese for a few days I'm going to go at it!! I'm excited for sure. So for part of June I'll be right there with you aussienerd!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #66  

@kmbrn84 I honestly avoided eating out this whole month. McDonald's I did fries and apple dippers (no caramel because it contains milk). Wendy's I would get apple slices and a baked potato straight with salt and pepper. Subway was my most frequent fast food place, veggie delight on italian (I believe the Italian bread at subway is the only bread that doesn't contain animal derived products). Chipotle is also a wonderful choice, I would get a veggie bowl: Rice, black beans, double tomato salsa, corn salsa, and guacamole.

As for sit down restaurants I stayed away from them because I thought it would be super challenging. I think an indian restaurant would be okay if you got the spinach saguala and basmati rice. Some naan is vegan but its hard to tell. I assume chinese restaurants have some vegan options as well, but like I said, I never got around to checking. I'll do some research and let you know!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #67  

Thanks. I thought the McD's fries had beef flavoring, have they changed this? I am finding this to be somewhat tricky as there are so many pointless non-vegan things added to food.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #68  

You're welcome. That could very well be true, I don't know for sure. Come to think of it I don't even think i actually have eaten at McDonald's except for once but I only got apple dippers. I usually do chipotle and subway.

PS if you like cooking this is the best vegan mac and cheese ever!!! http://www.vegnews.com/web/articles/...d=10&pageId=40
Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #69  

You're right about the fries, just looked it up! Good call!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

If you're temporarily going vegan for health reasons, I wouldn't worry too much about secret small ingredients. They only really matter to people who are restricting their diet due to religious reasons, ethical reasons, or allergies. Go with whatever is practical for you, and if you end up deciding that you cannot bear the thought of continuing to support the dairy industry or what have you and want to turn vegan for life, you can fine-tune the diet then. Meanwhile, you do more good by eating generally vegan with the odd minuscule slip than you would be eating a really difficult diet, getting miserable, and giving up after a week.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #71  

I agree. Esofia! I'm pleased with my month and I'm going to continue this lifestyle. I think after this month is over I'm going to go vegetarian for a bit while I figure some stuff out, like supplements and such. The support from all of you has helped me tremendously!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #72  

I am trying to go vegan for ethical reasons. I hate the way dairy farms and eggs are run. For now my goal is to just avoid the more obvious items an wory about the miniscule ingrediants later. I have just been scaning ingredient lists for eggs, egg whites and dairy. I learned about the McD's fries on another board, kinda annoying really.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Whoa, I definitely fell off the face of the earth, here, huh? It's been a busy month. I broke up with my bf of 15 months in April, then starting dating a guy last week (who is vegan, so that was interesting), ended that and was rejected by my ex (he was right...I was just lonely and weak, so it was really good rejection) this morning. Oh, and I had my college graduation yesterday. With all of that I've been mostly vegan the whole month. But I am mostly eating processed vegan foods (I love the Amy's brand dinners and burritos). I've already decided June is going to be vegan round two, with a focus on non-processed foods. I feel good about it and am getting stronger at saying no to the office goodies and cake. And I love that I don't have to fight with myself about going out to eat (mainly fast food). I'd rather just avoid that stuff than do the research to find out if it is vegan (and I'd rather just not take chances). I'm feeling good overall about this.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #74  

Hi. Guess I'm way late for this thread. I know I need to make a change, my blood work came back, yesterday, and my cholesterol etc. was not where I wanted it to be. I've been flirting with ETL, but wonder if I'll be able to sustain that. I've come to the realization that I eat too much fat and sugar. I've decided to go primarily vegan and not worry too much when occassionally eating out. I generally avoid cheese and mayonaise when in restaurants because of the saturated fat. Take care, everyone, and good luck.
jazzmegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #75  

LilMissLi-I would love to try that mac n cheese, any idea about how many calories?