Old 08-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/132

Height: 5'10

Question vegetarian high-protein diet

Does anyone follow a vegetarian-zone type diet? I'm afraid all the carbs, even the good ones, are catching up to me these days, and I'm interested in building a high-protein vegetarian diet. Advice? Thoughts? Complaints?
spreadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

could you state why you are afraid of the carbs even the good ones? Why are they catching up to you?

Low carb diets only work because you are put into a false diabetic state. Carbs provide nearly instant energy, which is burnable-- obviously if you have lots of fat cells, you need to work them off.

I just had a blood test after about a year of folowing ovo-lacto vegetarianism.

My numbers were excellent. good and bad chloesterol levels were excellent. Triglicerides were 73 (over 150 is high) This means there is very little fat floating around in my blood.
Glucose was 99 (between 10 and 120 is normal)

The glucose level is the stuff your body lives on. As a vegetarian, I am eating mainly rice, beans, and vegetables with some fake soy meat products included but not a lot. I eat a lot of potatoes, lots of noodles, and so on-- none of them effects my blood levels.

So why are you afraid of all the carbs you eat as a vegetarian?

Now, one thing the atkins diet asks is that you go to your doctor and have a blood panel done-- I feel that in order to get over this fear of carbohydrates, you get a test done of your various blood levels and then go vegetarian a while and see if they don't improve.

Weight loss happens on a low fat vegetarian diet, and sure you can get rid of the noodles and potatoes.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote