3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks-121/)
-   -   Da Da Da Da.....Ive been Vegetarian ONE FULL YEAR!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks/176391-da-da-da-da-ive-been-vegetarian-one-full-year.html)

MugCanDoIt 07-10-2009 03:41 PM

Da Da Da Da.....Ive been Vegetarian ONE FULL YEAR!!!

I have transitioned into vegetarianism and have done it for one full year!:carrot:

I am very proud of the decision I made to cut out animal cruelty in my life. I havent gotten to the vegan part, but I will continue to strive for that as well. Its very hard. I love animals and I dont want them to suffer for me........who am I to cause needless suffering?:?:

Anyway, Im never going back to eating flesh....because thats exactly what it is....FLESH.

Yay me!!!! :carrot:

nelie 07-10-2009 03:49 PM

Congrats!!

I think the transition to veganism is easier than you may think. I don't miss eggs or dairy at all.

SugarHabit 07-10-2009 05:15 PM

BRAVO! i've been a vegetarian for a little over 2 yrs now and now exactly how you feel! I also aspire to someday go vegan.. but so far the occasional slice of pizza or milk chocolate bar has kept me from going there. Plus.. cheese has been a huge crutch for me lately on my salads because as much as i love beans i try to watch the carbs somewhat... anyway not to ramble on... CONGRATS! keep up the conscientious living!:hug:

rileyozzy 07-10-2009 05:21 PM

Great job!!!!!!!!

Darby1 07-10-2009 05:31 PM

Congratulations!!

Lola Dark 07-10-2009 05:39 PM

Good job!!!

Fat Chick B Gone 07-11-2009 11:17 AM

Congrats and way to go!!! Transitioning to vegan is easy peasy and I'm sure you can do it!

Tracy 07-11-2009 12:07 PM

I also switched to vegeterism,not vegan yet.I am always looking for new ideas,of things to eat that are easy.I eat alot of legumes,bocas,morning star products.Pasta,veggies,fruit. Any other easy ideas for protein?Thanks:)

nelie 07-12-2009 09:38 AM

Tracy - Beans? I eat lots of beans. Also quinoa, amaranth, millet, etc are good sources of protein. You can also snack on edamame. I was reading the package of my shiitake mushrooms the other day and was surprised that 1 serving is 4 grams of protein. My soy milk from the asian market has 8 grams of protein per single serving. Seitan is also an option and you can buy it in packages at the asian market if you have a good one or you can make it yourself. I haven't made any in a while myself but I always think I should. I was looking at Vegan Brunch (cookbook) and there is a vegan sausage that is made from beans and gluten (seitan ingredient). I really need to make it.

FatGirlTale 07-15-2009 09:20 PM

Red lentils are packed with protein and so delicious.

Transitioning to vegan is not easy for everyone and it can be really expensive.

I'm sort of transitioning - I'm basically down to just yogurt and eggs. Now that I am serious about losing weight, giving up egg whites is tough. They are so low calorie and such a good source of protein.

As for cheese in salads - I've switched to avocado and I love love love it. I would trade cheese for an avocado any day.

Fat Chick B Gone 07-16-2009 06:47 AM

Vegan does NOT have to be expensive fatgirltale. IN fact my grocery bill has gone down since going vegan. Beans are cheap, grains are cheap, produce bought on sale is cheap. Not sure why this misconception is so prevalent.

JulieJ08 07-16-2009 11:50 AM

Congratulations! I'm very excited for you because I'll be one year in September :)

Thighs Be Gone 07-16-2009 11:55 AM

What a beautiful choice. By your ticker I can see it's agreeing with you too. Congrats for a year of conscientious eating.

nelie 07-16-2009 11:56 AM

I would also say the vegan diet is fairly cheap. One of my favorite blogs is a mother who spends $3.33/day on food for her family.
http://melomeals.blogspot.com/

Fat Chick B Gone 07-16-2009 03:46 PM

I love that blog, I just wish she'd post more recipes!