Old 02-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #1  
300+ Chick

Exclamation I'm Bored with Meat/Chicken..

Hello all,

Starting today, I will become a vegetarian. I am bored on eating meat/chicken and since Lent begins in couple weeks..I am planning to quit smoking.

I have Dean Ornish Reversing heart disease book and will re-read on that to build my motivation up.

I don't have access to the net during the week..I live in a boarding home and visit my family on weekends and holidays. I am 42, healthy, just want to keep on staying healthy is my main goal.

Will check again on the weekends. Just want to introduce myself and knowing there are others veggie chicks out there..

Have a great day and week ahead.

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on your decision
I went strict vegetarian September of 07 after 2 weeks I realized this was definitely for me! There are so many wonderful benefits of being vegetarian.

I love looking at the site below for all my recipes!
www.vegweb.com
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My favorite recipe website is http://blog.fatfreevegan.com tons of good recipes on there

I love not eating animal products, its been so awesome. I'm about 1.5 years in.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'5"

YAY! for your recent change in lifestyle!!

ive been vegetarian off and on for 6 years. most recently, within the past 2 years i have become more strict. i'd say im 85% vegan... i eat eggs and use honey. i gave cheese up recently when i couldnt eat it in moderation anymore. its just so good!!
there are soooo many good books on being a vegetarian, like diet for a small planet (which talks about food combinations that will give you the better protein absorption), diet for a new america (will want you to be vegetarian forever, its a sad sad book but so good), being vegan, being vegetarian.

well, good luck on your journey!!!
eyereenahmahree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #5  

Vegweb is my favorite recipe site. I'm not a vegetarian right now, but I'm still big into veg recipes. I was totally meat free for 8 years, but I like to eat a little meat now. 2 of my children are vegetarian.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #6  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

ive been a strict vegetarian for 9 years(but off and on for 8 years before that), just recently vegan good luck message me if you have any questions!

Last edited by Haley8203; 02-20-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:21 AM   #7  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your plans to give up smoking. Most of my meals are vegetarian. I can't have soy so I have beans/legumes and nuts/nut butter for my protein. Good luck in your new veg lifestyle!
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote