Old 11-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #16  

Height: 5'2''

Jillnicole- I haven't seen How to Look Good Naked yet. I'm living in Ireland so it's unlikely that it's on TV here. But I can't be sure because I haven't actually been watching any TV since I started school here (other than the biggest loser and grey's anatomy which I download from itunes.) I'm going to look and see if I can find it online though Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome!

Glasgal09- I've just started eating vegetarian also, (2.5 weeks!) I'm glad it's going well for you too. I've started telling my friends, but since I'm living away from home I haven't talked about it with my family. Have you told your family yet?

Erin- I love the pictures of your son! He looks adorable.

To everyone else- Good luck! Have you all thought about what you are going to have for Thanksgiving? All my American friends are thinking about making a giant Thanksgiving dinner for all our Irish friends. I'll have to make a great vegetarian dish (but I'm also not eating dairy) or at least lots of veggies. Any suggestions?

Dee
tigger175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #17  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

erin- your son is ADORABLE!

tigger- im def. not having a traditional thanksgiving. since my family(mom, stepdad and daughter) have to travel 2 hours for my race and 2 hours back we are just going to a Chinese restaurant in the town of my race lol. ill have to do some googling to find out what kind of noodles they use to make sure they are vegan but if not ill have to have steamed veggies and rice lol
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleygirl82 View Post
i can't figure out how to put my veg challenge tickers next to each other instead of on top of each other is that possible? lol
You have to make sure every space between the end brackets ][ have been removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger175 View Post
To everyone else- Good luck! Have you all thought about what you are going to have for Thanksgiving?

Any suggestions?
I'm new to this veggie stuff and admit I still have a long way to go. I've counted points, calories, and carbs and have become bored with all of them. My doctor has been encouraging me for years to cut the meat due to all the hormones and what not. I have PCOS and I am sure the additives are not helping. I started this journey as much more health related than moral but the more I learn the more my mind is changing.

I am still eating fish (caught locally), limited local beef (it's already in the freezer), dairy and eggs. I only started a few weeks ago and I had food in the house that was bought for me so I have been eating that up. So far I am loving it.

Thanksgiving here is going to suck. I haven't told much of the family and the ones I have all think I am loony. I'm not gonna stress about it.

Current weight 256.3
Thanksgiving goal 253
Christmas goal 250
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #19  
Haley wants to run!

zinkemomx2- thanks for the ticker tip ill try that, my family thought i was nuts when i first went vegetarian....it is surprisingly hard for people to fathom people could actually live without meat because they can't see themselves living without their big macs etc. but they got used to it lol and with my vegan news they werent suprised at all in fact they figured i would eventually go all the way.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #20  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE= I started this journey as much more health related than moral but the more I learn the more my mind is changing.

I would encourage you to keep learning about vegetarianism. I found an excellent resource on itunes its a podcast called
Vegetarian Food For Thought by Colleen Patrick Goudreau, vegan/chef/author. It's wonderful she covers so many topics like cooking, social situation tips, holiday ideas, vegetarian kids, living with meat eaters, and even about pets that are vegetarian. The best part is you dont need an ipod to get them there is a website too. compassionatecooks.com

I started for moral/religious reasons at first then as I learned more and more I realized all the health benefits. Everyday I am thankful for the knowledge I have and the actions I take.

For the veggie Holiday challenge I would like to lose 15lbs!
Starting weight is 269
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Nov. 3 SW/CW: 149.5 (148)
Thanksgiving Mini-Goal: 145
Christmas Eve Goal: 140

Which is all just a roundabout way of saying ... I wanna be in the 130's for the new year!

I'm not worried about Thanksgiving. There's plenty of good stuff to eat, and no one expects me to provide the turkey. All the dinner rolls, pie & whipped cream are a bigger worry
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #22  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Tigger... How to Look Good Naked is online at http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/full...d-naked/video/
I haven't thought about Thanksgiving yet. We're going to my friends grandmothers and shes sad I'm not going to eat. I hate making
people feel bad, hopefully I'll figure out some yummy ideas. I'm thinking veggie dishes, potato salad, maybe broccoli salad, stuff like that.
I'm going to look on www.vegweb.com they have great ideas!

Zinkemomx2... Welcome! Some of us are new to vegetarian, or vegan as well You'll fit right in! There's actually a lot of things
you can fool people on. I don't tell everyone about my eating style.

Jasmine... Love your halloween pic!! Cute! Welcome back to the challenge

For everyone
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #23  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Hey JulieJ you sneaked in while I was typing 130 would be awesome! You can do it!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #24  

Height: 5'2''

zinkemomx2- don't stress! I haven't told my family yet and I'm worried how they will respond, I'm just going to try and be as educated about the subject as I can when I tell them. Anyone have any website or book suggestions? I admire you for becoming a vegetarian for health and moral reasons

jillnicole- thanks for the website! Unfortunately it won't work in Ireland it says I can't access it at my location. However, I found it for sale on itunes so maybe i'll buy them because they aren't that expensive.
I hate making people feel bad too! When my friends make dinner though I've started coming over early to help them cook and i set aside what I need before they add the meat or I add my own vegetarian meat to a portion of the food. So far it has worked well.
I love the website.

Jasmine- thanks for the link! I just downloaded the whole podcast series. I can't wait to listen to them all!

Haley- chinese sounds exciting! Good luck at your race!

I'm planning on cooking a lot once I go home and have my full kitchen. Does anyone have any favorite cookbooks? (preferably vegan) I think I'll buy some for myself as Christmas gifts
tigger175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #25  

Hey girls,

Well, I weighed myself this morning and was SHOCKED to see 219!!! That's up 5lbs. since Friday, which seems unlikely, but in the interest of beginning this challenge with honesty, I'll start there. Hopefully I'll see a quick drop though. I really hope this is just too much salt!

SW-219
CW-219
Thanksgiving Goal-212
Christmas Goal-204

I'm so glad to see all the new people on this challenge and thanks to Jillnicole for starting this challenge!

As far as Thanksgiving plans are concerned, all I know is we're going to my mother's house. She isn't a fan of traditional meals for holidays, so she's making pierogies and some other stuff. She's great about making my stuff vegan, so no worries there.

Anyway, I'm so glad that this new challenge has started!! Good luck to everyone!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #26  
Haley wants to run!

here i am as hannah
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0277.JPG (19.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillnicole03 View Post
I'm still trying to experiment with different recipes.
I just put in the tofu section in the stickies what I thought was a wonderful recipe that includes tofu, greens and other good stuff. It's hopefully here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...15#post2437415

I like Andrea's blog because she is inventive, usually has a story to tell involving the recipe, and the photos make everything look wonderful.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #28  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

OK, my current weight is 203, mini goal is 199 Onederland!, challenge goal is 195 but I'll take anything under that too.
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

count me in!

SW: 143.5
thanksgiving mini-goal: 139
Christmas goal: 134
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53 View Post
I just put in the tofu section in the stickies what I thought was a wonderful recipe that includes tofu, greens and other good stuff. It's hopefully here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...15#post2437415

I like Andrea's blog because she is inventive, usually has a story to tell involving the recipe, and the photos make everything look wonderful.
What an interesting combination of ingredients. I'll have to try that.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote