Old 07-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink Is Nothing Sacred Veggie Babes?

I read this in my Los Angeles Times sportspage yesterday. Since I am a big fan of my Los Angeles Dodgers and of course DODGER DOGS....hot dogs...I thought you gals might enjoy this article http://www.latimes.com/news/columnis...5211938.column
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Wow, that one quote from that newspaper editor was harsh against vegetarians. What kind of a man is threatened by a tube of meshed vegetables? Lol.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:25 PM   #3  

That's pretty cool! They don't have them at Coors Field yet and I don't think they have them at Yankees Stadium, but when I went I was too excited to eat anyway. Strangely, I wasn't too excited to drink beer.

Thanks for thinking of us!

Are you going to try one?
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
"For goodness' sakes, is there no limit to which annoying vegetarians won't go in their efforts to try to convert people from enjoying meat in favor of the bland mishmash of unappetizing and virtually tasteless 'food' these elitist snobs choke down their gullets?"

So annoying to offer a healthier, cruelty-free alternative. Damn vegetarians we're just soooo annoying!

Seriously this is great. Ball fields, Arenas, Restaurants etc have no idea how much more money they could make off of me. I'd love to nosh on a veggie dog at a game but if one's not there then you're not getting my money.
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Okay, so first off, I'm not a vegetarian. I'm one of those sitting on the fence people who doesn't eat red meat and enjoys vegetarian food for most meals.

Anyway... since when do vegetarians try to convert people? I've never met a vegetarian (or vegan) who was out to change what other people eat. They may be out there, but they aren't the norm where I live. Besides it's not like they got rid of the other types of dogs, they are just adding more variety.

I think it's great!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Besides it's not like they got rid of the other types of dogs, they are just adding more variety.

Right! Like, I could understand his frustration if they banned meat products from the whole ballpark. But he must now sit next to someone eating a veggie dog? What suffering! He shouldn't have to be exposed to such things! I am sure lots of people responded to his quote and emailed him. Hope his email is flooded so he realizes he's not as far into the majority as he thinks. ;-)

Last edited by Michelle125; 07-23-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #7  
My cat is fat too.

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'6''

That's so awesome! I say all the time, you know, so many food places would make so much more money if they sold some meatless stuff. My boyfriend and I are limited to Mad Mex and this place down the street because they offer a wide variety of vegan and vegetarian food. So the million other places in Pittsburgh? yep. Losing out on our business. And we eat out A LOT.
DaraMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #8  
Get through today

Quote:
bland mishmash of unappetizing and virtually tasteless 'food'
This is a classic example of someone who has no idea what they are talking about, and although I know they put this in to have drama, it really just makes this guy look like a fool and a douche.
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #9