Old 11-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

Default 7 week ETL challenge

hi everyone,

I thought I put up a challenge. It's only 7 weeks till new years and Dr. Furhman has a 6 week plain so I thought I'd start today with a 7 week. Does anyone want to join me? I know ETL is hard for some to follow but I also know it works.
gggbdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #2  
it's always something

I'm in for one week I started it today, but it's just this week only.

Today's menu:
B blueberries, spinach and almond milk smoothie with flax seeds and 1/2 banana
s almonds
s orange
L big salad with spinach leaves, avocado, tomatoes, onions, 1/2 cup adzuki beans, 1/2 cup wheatberries, roasted red pepper vinaigrette
s 1/2 banana
s 1/2 pound of broccoli with lemon juice
D same as lunch
s apple

E treadmill, maybe twice

Oh gee, I'm in shock! 7 weeks till New Years?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #3  

I'm in. Starting tomorrow. It's too late for today.

Is it really seven weeks until New Year's? Can't be true!

Last edited by luja; 11-12-2007 at 08:29 PM.
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've been doing ETL for 5 weeks although this week is a bit off for me because I'm away from home.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #5  
Determined

S/C/G: 188/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I'll give it a "go". Just borrowed his book from the library on Monday and it looks do-able for me because vegetables are my favorite. Plus the man has such sound reasoning for why his method is favorable.

The challenge isn't for me, but I'll check in from time to time to let you know how I'm progressing and to see how you all are doing.

I've devised a bean dip that I scoop up w/veggies. All that's needed is a food processer or blender and drained, rinsed pinto beans with canned chiles. Once these are blended add diced raw green onions and sweet red peppers. A squeeze or two of fresh lime juice and spices (cilantro, cumin, coriander, cayenne and s&p) all combined with the "eyeball" method. Quantities to one's taste, no right or wrong way.

I knew that I'd find others here interested in ETL.....this is a great support group.

That 7 week fact is a little disturbing, the year went so fast

Last edited by BabySteps21; 11-13-2007 at 03:45 PM.
BabySteps21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #6  

Well today has been a good day. started out with a blended salad then some trail mix with cherrio's then I just had some oatmeal. I'm going to have a salad for dinner and I was thinking of makeing some carrot soup if i have time. I'm glad to find other etlers out there.

Maureen
Old 11-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #7  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

gggbdomino, I didn't think that Cheerio's and such were allowable foods...I'll have to revisit the plan.

I am going to think about joining in for 6 weeks. I'll check back in with y'all!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #8  

B - carrots (I was late), L - 2 cups of homemade 4 bean chili, no fat poured over 2 c romaine, s - apple, 20 almonds D - salad w/ romaine, cherry tomatoes, green beans, mushrooms, onions and cooked broccoli, S - pomegranate (Yeah! It's pomegranate season!)
Old 11-14-2007, 05:14 AM   #9  
Determined

S/C/G: 188/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Today's ETL meal plan:
B - <1 c old fashioned oat meal w/agave nectar, banana, clementine orange
L - chi chi bean garam masala, my bean dip w/baby carrots, celery and sweet green peppers, apple, maybe another clementine orange
D - grilled portabella mushroom cap smothered in sauteed onions, 1 shredded romaine heart topped with grated carrots, shredded zucchini, blk olives, celery and a little South Beach ranch dressing (I love that it's okay to eat a whole romaine heart, that's a lot of lettuce)

Bevies for the day:
1 glass of light vanilla soy milk, peppermint tea and chamomile tea all day long
BabySteps21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:00 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone. I think cherrios goes uned the whole grain very so doften catagorie. You guys I have a big challenge comeing up my best friend Rachel is comeing to town this week end for her Birthday. The last time she was here I gained 7 pounds. I can't do that this time we like to cook and go out and eat, and well lets face it we eat alot togeather. I'm a little worried about it she is so not vegan. So my goal is to do really well till Friday and then just maintain and not gain till Tuesday.

have a good day

Maureen

by the way the meals look so yummy you guys are doing so well
Old 11-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #11  

B - fruit (banana, 2 c. berries, organic applesauce)/greens (spinach) smoothie with flax seeds, L - lowfat lentil soup and an apple, D- a salad made with cabbage, an apple, beets, carrots and an onion with some balsamic vinegar for flavor. And pomegranate for a snack. (Did I mention I was happy it'd pomegranate season )

Maureen - that is challenging. I have friends with whom I eat out a LOT too. Is your friend open to having fun over other activities? I know not all are and if you suggest something other than eating out to do together they look at you like you are nuts - but it's worth a try! Denver has to have some amazing non-food related things to do, it's such a beautiful place. When I was a kid we went there once and ate at the HUGE mexican restaurant that had a waterfall and a wandering mariachi band - it was something. Is that still there? Probably not since I was a kid a long time ago :-)

Last edited by luja; 11-14-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:43 PM   #12  

sure it is casbonita it's a land mark. It's still there Rachel and I do have alot of stuff that we plan to do but she's here for 4 days so we will have to eat. I just hope I can be stronge and not be to bad.

thanks Maureen
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #13  

It's still there?!?!?!!!! I am so going there again. Now I know what my anniversary present should be!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Casa Bonita is a crazy place, horrid food though.

I miss some of the Denver food like Heidi's Deli... best sandwiches I've ever had... EVER.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #15  

oh i love the bread at heidi's mmmmm yum