Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #16  

That's true, there is a difference between adhering to a vegan diet and being a vegan -- my dad I suppose is a non-vegan who follows a vegan diet (he wears leather shoes.)

I do have one EXTREMELY vegan friend -- she would not even borrow my lipgloss, she asked to borrow it but then saw that it was Burt's Bee brand which uses honey in the manufacturing and so she wouldn't touch it.

I'm kinda like....well what difference does it make you're not BUYING it so why should you sit here in this freezing wind (we were at a memorial service at the beach) with chapped lips?? But that's what she did!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #17  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Thank you gals! We are grilling veggies for him and we bought some veggie dogs and some veggie burgers for him. My ex-wife is bringing 3 different fruit and veggie salads also.

SOULBLISS ~ Thanks for the clarification on vegan, I don't mean to make "light" of it in my posts on my brother, and I also know that YOU know that. For my brother, when he says to eat "vegan" he means eliminating the dairy and animal products that he can, to improve his health as in the link you posted for me. It is not a "spiritual journey" as you are taking and I mean no harm, I just don't really know how to phrase some of it I guess. And again, I know you understand and know that I care for your concerns.

P.S. How was the "plane" and retreat?

Gary
Clarification is good, all around and I think it is amazing that your brother (or anyone) is improving his life by reducing animal products in his diet! It can be a *very* healthy way to eat!

The plane was okay and all the support I received certainly helped .

I consider it a personal triumph to have sat on the plane leaving JFK for THREE hours while we trolleyed, waiting for clearance to leave (weather conditions were unsafe) and DIDN'T have a panic attack!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #18  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8-EEE View Post
I do have one EXTREMELY vegan friend -- she would not even borrow my lipgloss, she asked to borrow it but then saw that it was Burt's Bee brand which uses honey in the manufacturing and so she wouldn't touch it.

I'm kinda like....well what difference does it make you're not BUYING it so why should you sit here in this freezing wind (we were at a memorial service at the beach) with chapped lips?? But that's what she did!
Well, I can't speak for your friend but personally, I am also vegan and thus don't use any "optional" products *ever* that have animal products in them because I find the idea repugnant on multiple levels. Aside from the ethical and environmenta; aspects, the idea of utilizing animal secretions (bee products, cow, goat or sheep products) is nasty to me in every way.

I wouldn't use "Burt's Bees" products that contain honey because each drop of honey is the result of a bee regurgitating nectar (up to 32 times) before it finds it's way to us, partially digested by the bee. That's not something I want in or on my body, regardless of ethics! ( I think the lip balm has bee wax and not honey, which is procured via an equally disgusting process!!!).
Old 09-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
.............I consider it a personal triumph to have sat on the plane leaving JFK for THREE hours while we trolleyed, waiting for clearance to leave (weather conditions were unsafe) and DIDN'T have a panic attack!!!
That, my dear, "bothers" everybody!! Proud of you for "staying on the plane!"
Closed Thread