UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:06 AM   #526  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I don't think I can buy it in this village

Well... I've learned a lesson - never again will I end a 24 hour fruit & veg day by eating a slice of Christmas cake for breakfast - it has really upset my tummy.

What a miserable walk today - my tummy was doing a boogie and the weather was very cold and blustery... then the rain started. Torrential freezing cold rain being swirled around by the wind - and I didn't have my waterproofs on over my jeans. When I got home I found that my legs have turned a very fetching shade of very bright fuschia pink with a grey overtone due to the dye running in the new pair of black jeans I was wearing... which also stained my pretty pink hiking boots...

I think I'm going to have a cosy afternoon reading the Diet Doctors book and possibly a nap - then I'm making a yummy homemade pizza for dinner (I'm cheating with the base - I bought a packet of ciabatta bread mix.)
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:35 PM   #527  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone

I've just finished cleaning ready for the New Year, will just have to do a few bits now to keep up over the weekend I still hate wood and tile floors....pigging thngs!

Sarah, I hope you've dried off and warmed up after your not so enjoyable walk this morning... I love walking in the rain, but not when it's got an icy blast to it that's not nice at all.

Michelle, glad to her your Dad is doing better...you're in my thoughts.

CG isn't well at the moment, she's been to the docs and has some mild pain relievers but it's not helping her....she needs sent her way.

Kylie... didn't write last time about how funny I thought you wheeling a turkey in a shopping trolley was, with neighbourhood dogs following.. had me in stitches. Thanks for the info on Eve, I shall have Mum buy one when she gets home.

Right, I'd better get the washing finished and then I think I shall have a little sit down and watch some telly for a bit.

have a lovely evening all.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:50 PM   #528  
Pending Email Confirmation

I had a big clear out yesterday... still lots to do tomorrow! Maybe I shall stay offline and get it done!

Went to the cinema today to see Night at the Museum.... so funny.... I recommend it to everyone, had me in stitches!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #529  
Pending Email Confirmation

Veggie I hope your feeling better!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:24 AM   #530  
Consistency + Balance

Big to CG and lots of positive thoughts going in her direction. Get well and come back soon CG.

We had some amazing rain during the night - it actually woke us up hammering against the window but this morning the sky looks all scrubbed and bright blue - but its still blummin windy.

My tummy is better today. I'm planning another fruit & veg day on the 2nd January and, after my problems yesterday, I shall be very careful what I eat the day after!

I'm not looking forward to getting on the scales next Thursday - I can't get my wedding ring off again which means I am either retaining a lot of water or I've put on about half a stone (or, more likely, a mixture of the two). It seems a lot for just a few days off diet but I've done it in the past. Anyway, we're off out to dinner tonight and tomorrow we're going to the formal dinner/ball thing which I am very much NOT looking forward to. I hate high heels and hot rooms.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:10 AM   #531  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Chris please tell CG I am thinking of her and wish her well.

Sarah I am exactly the same I dread facing the scales but I know I shall have to. Once the New Year is here we will all be fine again.

Things have been hectic here again my father took ill again yesterday,
he had a bleed and ended up having four units of blood transfused. It was so scary. He is feeling much better now though but its still worrying. I've just been round to see my mother she saw him getting the blood but I didn't tell her what happened or she would just fret.

Sarah I chuckled when I read about you eating christmas cake for brekkie, I have been doing that with quality street.

This morning I got a package delivered to me I thought what is that
opened it up and its a sachet of SLIMFAST soup oh how I laughed. They must be sending it to the people who have been fat piggies over Christmas!!!

Right I'm off to the hospital.

Take care everyone

Love Michele

p.s. I am going to look for EVE at the hospital newsagent.
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #532  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Morning all

I already stepped on the scales yesterday and it wasn't pretty. I had a doctors appointment on Thursday for a meet and greet as it's a new doctor for us. It was a very nice lady and we went over my weight issuses a bit, but she said for me to carry on what I'm doing and it'll slowly disappear...she has given me a referral for blood work though and they check the thyroid reading, so maybe this one will show something, although it'll prob be as normal as ever and once again, I'll know it's just me not doing things right.

I've just been on my lovely I've been on every day now since Christmas and I'm really enjoying it. It does help to have some music blasting away, makes you not really think what you're doing. Pen and Lew look at me oddly when I put my shoes on to get on, as they think it's me going to take them for a walk.... which is their usual sign, but I'm putting my nice shoes with support on for the and I wear my ratty old trainers for walking so they should know the difference.

We're having another wood delivery this afternoon, we've only got a few logs left, so need more, so that will be some more exercise, lugging it from the pile in the driveway where the chaps dump it. It's supposed to snow a little too, so that should be fun.

Michelle, for you and your Dad. A blood transufusion hey? That should help sort him out again like you say. I wish I could donate over here, or whenever I come home, but they won't let me, because of being out of the country...and over here, they won't let me, because they're scared I have mad disease. Having lived or visited England.....it does drive me mad, and I can be a so maybe they're right. for him though.

Well hubs has just arrived home after spending his gift certificates he got for Christmas, and it's something to do with this computer, of course....so I'll go and finish more bloody laundry... bedding day, and have a with Mum.

Enjoy your day.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #533  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hello everyone, it's been a glorious day here today, I've been really lucky with the weather this year. Usually Christmas can be a bit hit or miss with the weather (very like an English summer), but this year I've hardly seen a cloud. Hopefully next year will be as nice.

My jeans feel a little tight at the moment. I'm sure that's at least in part to *cough* waffles with hot cherries and cream, and having a three course menu del dia for lunch then going out again for two courses in the evening. That and drinking more alcohol than I'm used to. But I have been walking lots, honest, and went out for another run this evening. And I have at least been getting my fruit and veg in (even if it is on waffles...)

I'm very jealous that I can't get hold of Eve for another week, I'd like to know what I "said"

Michelle, hope your dad comes through OK.

Chris, glad you're enjoying your treadmill, and tell CG I hope she gets better soon.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #534  
Consistency + Balance

Michele It must be a very, very scary time for you, your Mum and your family. I hope the blood transfusion has done your Dad some good.

Chris I don't know whether to wish you luck about having an underactive thyroid or not. It seems a bit strange to wish an illness on someone! Your new doctor sounds nice - how different from mine! Do you ever watch that Dog Whisperer man - think his name is Caesar something or other - he has got dog size treadmills. Maybe you could get one to go on either side of your person size one for Lew and Pen.

Helen - GC sounds lovely - and the food sounds even nicer... waffles with hot cherries and cream.......

I think that Christmas has sort of triggered off my sweet tooth again - I thought it had gone away for good and that I only had to deal with my lust for cheese - but no, all these boxes of Thorntons have started up the old blood sugar thing again and, of course, the easiest way to deal with it has been to pop in another chocie....

I forgot to mention - I ended up with 23 boxes of Thorntons! I bought three, DH bought me a couple more and the relatives all phoned DH's Mum to find out what they should bring me on Boxing Day and MIL told them all that the only thing she could guarantee that I would like was Thorntons ..... I've told DH that I'm going to eat the truffles but he can have the rest. What was interesting was that the relatives brought chocolates - but the friends all brought red wine or cheese..... my neighbour said she could tell who was who by what they were carrying.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:12 AM   #535  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I have just opened another box of the Eden choccies by Thorntons oh they are yummy.

My father continues to improve thank god. That blood has done him the power of good. He telephoned from the ward not long ago and said he is allowed to eat light meals again. So could I bring him in his favourite dairylea cheese spread on wholemeal hovis and a flask of tea.

He said a female doctor was around this morning and asked him how his stools were. He said and I quote "sure you have me half starved girl there is not a thing for me to look at" He is surely on the road to recovery!!

My hubby has just come back from hi s mum's and was sick I hope he hasn't picked up some kind of bug.

Right I must go and get in the shower.

Happy New Year to you all

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote