3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Good morning,what's for breakfast? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/98708-good-morning-whats-breakfast.html)

SlimmingWorldChick 11-23-2006 06:36 AM

Good morning,what's for breakfast?

Hello everyone,

Good morning to you all, hope everyoneis doing well on their new ways of life...I'm here at 11:30 tucking into breakfast(student time);) I was just wondering what healthy nutritious breakfasts you've have been tucking into this morning...This morning and every other morning i looooooooove my Special K with skimmed milk and 1 litre of water!!1...Keeps me full till my next meal:carrot: which is usually around 4...when i drink another litre then have dinner...my house mate is cooking for me tonight roast potatoes and chicken yummmy cant wait....

Also how important do you think breakfast is to help loose or maintain your weight?I find although i can hardly stomach it in the morning after this i don't want to snack alllll day loooong....or in the evening...

2frustrated 11-23-2006 06:58 AM

I had porridge made with water and egg with a spoonful of honey in it. And thanks to bloomin' Paul Mackena I didn't eat it all! :tantrum:

I usually have bacon and an egg with mushrooms on toast, or sometimes a slice of toast with jam and cottage cheese

After a bowl of special K I'd be chewing my arm off about half an hour later! :lol: So well done to you on it filling you up!

YP1 11-23-2006 07:29 AM

I almost always have porridge made up with water and a portion (80g) of frozen berries. I put it all in a bowl and bung it in the microwave. Then when it's done I stir some fruity yoghurt in it to make it a bit creamier. Absolutely divine, and one of my fruit and veg portions for the day.

katie_oxo 11-23-2006 07:34 AM

I always have my 2 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk and quite often have a banana too. That fills me and then I'll have another piece of fruit mid morning.

Sarah Ann 11-23-2006 07:43 AM

I know some people have a theory that it doesn't really matter when, in the day, you have your calories - just as long as you don't eat more than you burn - but I've found that unless I eat breakfast I just can't control my appetite. If I don't eat it then my blood sugars drop and start to feel very ill ... faint, sick, unreal feeling, can't think straight... and it doesn't go away until I've got my blood sugars back up - which usually means binge eating anything and everything I can lay my hands on. The problem then is that it takes about 20 minutes for what I'm eating to sort of filter through enough so that I start to feel a bit better - and in that 20 minutes I can eat a HUGE amount of food - but eating breakfast and other regular meals throughout the day has stopped that completely.

Most days I have porridge - half a cup of oats (50g) mixed with a cup of skimmed milk and half a cup of water and a teaspoon of cinnamon nuked in the microwave (takes 4 minutes) and sweetened it with a little honey - maybe with 80g of frozen blueberries defrosted in to it (very yummy!)

On DH's day off he cooks a low fat brunch - dry fried egg, grilled bacon, low fat sausage, baked field mushrooms (sprinkle a little chopped garlic & spray with butter Fry Lite & bake for 20 mins), grilled tomatoes, baked beans, toast - sometimes homemade hashbrowns instead of the toast - it looks like a huge plateful but it all comes in at under 500 cals - and then we usually just have fruit for lunch.

Sarah Ann 11-23-2006 07:44 AM

Oh - Helen - yours sounds nice! I might give that a try!!

wana wear a bikini 11-23-2006 07:47 AM

I used to have porridge every day, mixed with stewed apple (it was the only way I could eat it), but since I moved I don't have microwave in my flat and I can't seem to do it on the hob. I only feel full if I have porridge or something very branny like Bran Flakes, but these totally bloat me. Love them but would love to find an alternative thats more oat based.

Sarah Ann 11-23-2006 07:49 AM

Theres a new cereal out by the makers of weetabix - its called oatabix. I've not had it myself but its supposed to taste very similar to weetabix but is a lot more low GI.

katie_oxo 11-23-2006 08:35 AM

I'm going to try the oatabix as my sugars really do go up after my weetabix.

redsoxgirl 11-23-2006 09:40 AM

Every morning I have a low fat English muffin it has 8 grams of fiber and only 100 calories. I usually put 1 tbs of peanut butter on it so the whole breakfast is 200 cals.

Then around 10 I have a banana or a power bar or something.

Sarah Ann 11-23-2006 11:03 AM

Wanna - have you thought about making up your own sugar-free muesli? Much nicer than shop bought.

wana wear a bikini 11-23-2006 11:09 AM

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of nuts and sultanas/raisins etc. I was a very fussy child and that's one of the things I've never got over. Last year I discovered Jordan's Country Crunch and I really liked it but I can't afford it. If only I had a microwave, I could have my porridge, but I just burn it hideously. I spent 20mins trying to remove the burnt remains of baked beans from the bottom of a non-stick pan today. Go figure!

PhatPhoenix 11-23-2006 04:19 PM

DH and me have eaten the same things for breakfast for 18 mths now, and we're still not bored...

Either porridge, made with water. I put golden syrup or honey on, and pumpkin seeds if I remember. And 15 cups of tea.

Or homemade muesli. We make it ourselves because it's cheaper but also you can keep changing it. Our favourite one has jumbo and fine oats, barley flakes, dried cranberries and hazelnuts. We have runny honey on it, and honey yogurt. Also put cinammon on it. If I think I'm going to feel hungry I put a banana or some other fruit on it, too. Oh and I drop hemp seeds on. I'm never hungry til lunchtime, ever - and I'm meant to have a snack mid day but can never face it (I have fruit if I haven't put any on the muesli...) It's all organic too. I used bought muesli once - then I read the ingredients. Sugar in various forms, mainly! The honey makes it sweet and if you use runny honey you only need a small amount.

Sarah we have tried Oatibix - got it in for when I run out of porridge and don't feel like muesli! It's nice. But - like any 'bought' cereal - I find it doesn't fill me up. I'm starving again by 11am. With the porridge and muesli I don't feel hungry all morning.

BritinNJ 11-23-2006 04:49 PM

15 cups of tea Phat? Wow, and they call me a tea belly :)

Your breakfast sounds nice, haven't heard of some of the things though, might have to do some exploring down the supermarket aisles.

I stick to oatmeal for the most part at the moment, on occassions I will have toast with mint jam on, or a bowl of cereal. Loving the oatmeal at present, it makes you feel all warmed up, sort of like the ready brek ads I used to see as a kid. Actually, speaking of Ready Brek, I saw some in the local supermarkey the other day....never expected to see that over here, and Alpen too...

Sarah Ann 11-24-2006 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhatPhoenix (Post 1479920)
Sarah we have tried Oatibix - got it in for when I run out of porridge and don't feel like muesli! It's nice. But - like any 'bought' cereal - I find it doesn't fill me up. I'm starving again by 11am. With the porridge and muesli I don't feel hungry all morning.

Same for me - I don't know what they put in it but it just doesn't have that tummy filling ability that oats have. I've even tried that instant porridge stuff ..... which was unbelievably awful. It must take real skill to muck up a good wholesome food in quite such a spectacular way!!!! YUCK!!!!!!