3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Remember Remember, it's actually NOVEMBER chat... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/97163-remember-remember-its-actually-november-chat.html)

BritinNJ 11-05-2006 11:27 AM

Oh yes, the NY marathon.. forgot about that... will turn the telly on and see when it's on.

I've been to the shops, found english taosting bread in the bakery so bought some and just made a couple of slices, it is indeed like English bread, especially toasted, all crunchy and crumbs dropping down you...I'm in heaven. Also found Bisto gravy granules, bought two tubs, chicken and beef, so I'm set until Mum comes at Christmas and hopefully brings us more :)

Well done on your run Helen, that was brill having a pacer... sounds like this running club really suits you. Hope you're feeling less giddy and have a good nap.

Ok, well must get some things done around here... prob more later.

freethetoys 11-05-2006 04:40 PM

i went running today, but unlike normnall i was struggling, my heart really hurt, and i couldent work it out.
i got my qickest mile in, 9 mins 10secs but i walked the next one as i felt rubbish, later worked out because i hadnt drubnk water since the night before my body was really deprived and the wine had really starved my system.
went to see fireworks and bonfire tonight, was nice, had some candyfloss, which was really nice, and had a curry. bit of a naughty day really, but i felt good, and i have been very active this week.
Im going to londond next week, art tripping it, but i should be about. tommorow, and saturday. so if you dont here much from me thats why. im gonna do my weigh in tommorow (although im bloated LOL) but we will see what happends.
wish me luck....good luck to you ladies.
oh and my ebaying is going great made £6 so far, and had alot of interest in a dress im selling.

Clydegirl 11-05-2006 05:10 PM

Sarah nice story about the dog. Hope her health improves now that she has a good home.

Just got back from shopping. I really felt like spending money today and all I bought were batteries!!!! Oh well next time. Chris I also went to Target see they're all decked out for Christmas. Mind you couldn't think about buying anything yet. I need to get my stuff to send to the UK.

I've been thinking about "victory v's". Does anyone know if you can still buy them? I'm really craving them.

Need to go start dinner.

katie_oxo 11-05-2006 06:32 PM

Sarah I'm glad you found her a home, she looks so skinny - that is so sad :( Love the bit about all the neighbours bringing her goodies, she sure is going to love being loved :)

Sarah Ann 11-06-2006 03:42 AM

Ohhhhh - I've got a hangover! Went to the fireworks display and then back to some friends' house for supper and rather too much red wine. I've drunk gallons of water and had my breakfast but it hasn't helped.

We came home to some lovely news last night. Do you remember my chav neighbours - the ones who wakes me up in the night with their fighting? - well, Mr Chav was so upset about Rosie that he did a house-to-house collection in our road showing people a print out of those pictures I'd taken - and then he went to the village working mens club and the pub and got some more there - he managed to raise over £300!! Melinda said that she'll pay it in at the Vets and it'll cover her vets fees. Mr Chav told her that she's to come to him when the money runs out and he'll do another house-to-house. I moan about him but he's a good sort really.

Hmmmmmm! This village is small - only about 400 houses - you'd think that someone in either the pub or the club would have heard about a lost dog - but no - and there's no notice up in the post office window either (thats what people do here when they lose a pet.)

Right - time to get my brain in gear - long walk first then loads of work! Maybe the walk will get rid of the headache! :dizzy:

peacock 2 11-06-2006 05:12 AM

What a nice community spirit!

Well done Mr Chav!

peacock 2 11-06-2006 05:33 AM

Bah Humbug!

Anyone else have trouble organising who buys what for their family at Christmas?

I asked my SIL what to give my neice and she said one of those drinking/wetting dolls so I got her a tiny tears - only to find out in the smae week she said the same thing to my mum! My mum has got confused with who wants what books as my SIL (her again!) decided she liked the smae boks as mum was getting me (Agatha raisin for those that wants to know) and she has some of them. In the meantime after telling my mum this and mum ordering them - she bought some at a local fete! Duh!

Mind you I had forgotten I had asked mum to get order some books for my nephew -I have already got him some. -Oh Well. Christmas as usual at my Brother's house. It'll be business as usual!

I have decided to go this time but next year I am going away I think.

BritinNJ 11-06-2006 07:09 AM

Tiny tears... I still have mine.. I loved it as a kid....don't worry, if she gets two, she can have twins.

We don't have too much of a problem with duplicate pressies, we seem to have a good line of communication down that path, although Hannah's birthday is in jan and when she was little, she did end up with some things that she'd had at Christmas, as people had bought them before Christmas with her birthday in mind... but she didn't care, so it all worked out.

Sarah, kudo's to Mr. Chav.... bless him, it's nice to hear something nice come out of him after all the grief you had over the summer, first off, I thought you were going to say they were packing up and moving :rofl: That's really nice that he collected so much from a small village, and that your friend will use it at the vets. I hope Rosie had a good night in her new home.
Sorry to hear about your hangover, that walk will clear it and the water as well, I had Dave pick me up a bottle of vino yesterday, but forgot and didn't drink any of it....so it's still in the fridge, prob stay there until Thanksgiving now...I'm not really much of a drinker at all now, not that I was an alcoholic or anything, but I did like a tipple with friends or down the pub on occassions.

Frosty here again this morning, (think I might be saying that on a daily basis through to April next year). Hannah's just left for school with her car all warmed up by Mummy and Dave's getting ready to leave for the week...

Must get on and get ready for curves... later taters. :)

Sarah Ann 11-06-2006 07:18 AM

Oooohhhh - this is my personal peeve at the moment!

I think Christmas is getting completely and totally out of hand. We've got a massive shopping list which is getting longer every year now that DH's children are having children of their own. In years gone past I've just bought what I thought people would like and its always seemed okay but this year DH decided to ask other people what we should buy and its getting stupid. The suggestions are either totally boring or far too expensive (we always have a set spending limit depending on how closely people are related to us and/or how old they are.)

I particularly enjoyed DH's sister's suggestion that we could pay for her daughter's pre-Christmas school trip to some market in France (or was it Germany) at a cost of nearly £200????? Huh????? She obviously lives on a different planet that me.

</rant>

Sarah Ann 11-06-2006 07:23 AM

Ooopppp! Sorry Chris - we cross posted.

Yes, my walk cleared the hangover. My fault entirely - I should stick to either red or white.

Talking about the Chavs moving... d'you remember I said that after one of their bust ups they had agents come round and a 'For Sale' board went up outside? Well, that was in the Spring - and they still haven't had anyone even come and look at it! The people pull up in their cars outside and then drive off. :lol:

peacock 2 11-06-2006 09:22 AM

Sarah Ann - That present suggestion was appalling! My whole family might be traqinee Alzheimer's patients when it comes to memory but none of us woulde suggest paying that much for a pressie - we would assume the person was joking!

I think it is time to maybe just buy a little pressie for the tinies -esp if his 'kids' are now all grown up.

LynneA 11-06-2006 09:50 AM

Morning :).

Sarah Ann - that poor little dog, thank goodness she came upon your husband. I'm glad to hear it all worked out.

My weekend went very well. We had the military formal on Saturday, which was fun even though they had over an hours worth of speeches and awards to give out/make. I managed a couple of red wines and a cosmo and lo and behold was hungover the next day. Fancy that! So I slept in as late as I dared on Sunday before dragging myself out to cook for our bonfire party, which went extremely well! All the kids played together, everyone liked my chilli and we had a very spooky moment as we were gathering round the bonfire after it got dark. To explain: we live in rural tennessee and there are maybe 6 families on our road which is a very long road indeed. To my knowledge there are no more English people living on our road. Anyway, at around 7pm suddenly a load of fireworks start going off down the road. Now, it could just be coincidence that it's someone's birthay but at this time of year, noone is using fireworks so I'm thinking, maybe there's more English people down our road! Maybe they're celebrating bonfire night too?! I'm going to do some investigating and find out. Wouldn't it be funny if there was?

LynneA 11-06-2006 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of me and DH at the formal. One thing, I swear to god I have a neck, this picture makes me look like I don't. It's not my best pic to date but oh well!

peacock 2 11-06-2006 11:31 AM

More English people down your road? There goes the neighbourhood!

peacock 2 11-06-2006 11:33 AM

Lynne A - Your pic does show that you have a neck, honest. That's a nice pic.