3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Remember Remember, it's actually NOVEMBER chat... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/97163-remember-remember-its-actually-november-chat.html)

shmoo 11-04-2006 07:37 PM

wana wear a bikini- Tell me bout it!! I have got to hand in two essays this monday so pretty much spending all weekend doing it and its ****e!!!!!! I also am driven to food when eva i do work, so the xmas goal is not looking v achievable now after 3 pieces of choclate cake(shamefull!!!!!).

Helen/YP1- just wondering have you had a chance to look for the stepping machine, tht u told me bout ages ago? Sorry to keep asking you, just trying to see if i can get one without having to pay argos £50!!! :D . If you have found it pls lettme know, i will be estatic!!!! thanx
shmooooooooooooo

YP1 11-05-2006 02:02 AM

Shmoo, I sent you a PM yesterday morning, it wasn't where I thought it was (although there was a pile of other bits of unloved exercise equipment)

Sarah Ann 11-05-2006 02:46 AM

Oh dear! DH stopped by the local post office to post a rental DVD back on his way to work this morning (at 5.15am) and this little yellow Labrador - all skin and sticky out bones came wagging over to him - narrowly missing being hit by a car while running across the road to get to him. So he brought her home. Then went off to work.

She is completely skin and bones - all her ribs show and her shoulder and hip bones are almost cutting through her skin because there is absolutely no meat on her bones. She flinches when I go to stroke her (she's obviously been beaten) but just wants me to sit down so she can put her head on my knee and have me stroke her head. She hasn't got a collar, isn't housetrained, doesn't know any commands and was absolutely starving hungry. Someone has been totally and completely evil to this lovely dog. Going by her size I think she's less than a year.

The Police say they don't come and get strays but that we have to take her in to the local Police Station (several miles away) - which won't be until after dinner this evening unless I can persuade one of the neighbours in to taking her (unlikely cos they've all got posh, non doggy friendly cars). I tried the RSPCA and they don't want to know unless there is active cruelty going on - which there obviously has been but, apparently, it doesn't count because they aren't doing it to her right now.

Right now she's had a good meal and is now asleep in a heap with my boys. I have this awful feeling that if I have to keep her until DH gets home from work at 6.30 this evening then I won't be able to part with her and - TBH - I'm happy with just the two I've already got.

I'm calling her Rose - not that I've named her... but I had to call her something other than 'dog'.

Now what do I do?

wana wear a bikini 11-05-2006 03:24 AM

Can you take her to a vet and see if she's got a tag? I guess if she's been so badly treated it's unlikely, but you never know, maybe she's had more than one owner.
If it was me I don't think I could give her up, I just love dogs, and your story just broke my heart.

katie_oxo 11-05-2006 03:56 AM

Isn't your hubby good to bring her home and not just leave her where she was - that's lovely. If one of your neighbours won't take her then to be honest I think it's likely you may have to wait till your hubby gets home and take her then as I can't think of any other place that is likely to take her. I agree with Wanawearabikini that she might be tagged, so that is an option worth checking out.

I can't advise on the not getting attached to her other than to think with your head and not with your heart - good luck :)

Sarah Ann 11-05-2006 05:44 AM

I've found her a lovely home. One of my neighbours, Melinda, offered to take me (and Rosie) to a local dogs 'home' - when we got there we were a bit yucked out by the smell so we asked to look round first and thank goodness we did, it was disgusting and we both decided we wouldn't leave a rat there.

We didn't know what to do - we both agreed that this Rosie has had enough awfulness in her life and she now needs lots of love - not an open air prison cell. Then Melinda said that the only reason she's not got a second dog is because she works (3 days a week) but that she'd keep Rosie if I would take care of her while she works - which is fine by me.

We came home via the Police Station to let them know what we're doing - they weren't really interested. They haven't had a report of a missing dog but if they do then they'll let us know. They did scan her for us and she's not chipped. They didn't even seem bothered about the cruelty and neglect.

Melinda is going to take her to the Vets tomorrow for a medical and shots and so then we'll know just how badly she's been treated.

All we had to do then was introduce Rosie to Melinda's elderly black labrador, Lucy. Well... when I left her house Lucy and Rosie were cuddled up in a black and cream ball in Lucy's basket. Ahhhhh

freethetoys 11-05-2006 06:14 AM

what a wonderfull story, and so sweet.
i really want a pet, not allowed one till we live in a downstairs flat with a cat flap, thewn i can get a kitty, its gonna be called MOJO hehe.
well iw ent out last night, had 3 glasses or red wine (360cals) and came home had a bit of light snack (200cals) and i think i was still about 1450 for my overall day, which is brilliant. YAY ME.

micheleherts 11-05-2006 07:39 AM

Good morning to you all

What a heartwarming story.

I am in good form myself, my family and I went to my friends for her firework do had a really lovely evening. I ate loads and really enjoyed it, I wasn't however able for drink after my madness the previous evening.

My father gave me the money for a coat so I bought a lovely three quarter length parka like jacket from New Look its lovely and so warm its brownish with fur trim around the hood, then I bought myself green gloves and scarf to match.

It was like Beirut here in Hertfordshire last night.

Sunday blessings to you all

Michele

Sarah Ann 11-05-2006 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've just taken some pictures of her - they don't really show what bad condition she's in but here's one of them. Yet another neighbour (who shows Labradors) thinks that Rosie is only about 5 months old which is probably why Melinda's dog Lucy took to her so quickly.

OMG - the people in my road are being wonderful. Word has gotten round and people are showing up with all kinds of stuff for her - beds, cushions, blankets, bowls, toys, collars, leads - lots of food - and two or three families have said that if Melinda finds her too much then they'll have her.

redsoxgirl 11-05-2006 08:01 AM

I love that dog story :) Thank God she found your husband. I had 4 beers last night but did OK overall so I'm not too upset. I always welcome Sundays because I start eating and drinking properly again.

The next few weekends I have 40th birthday parties for friends, more festivities, so I have to be super good during the weeks.

Sarah Ann 11-05-2006 08:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In this one you can see the bones jutting out in her hip.

peacock 2 11-05-2006 09:09 AM

It is awful isn't it? Too many people get 'cute' puppies and then when they realise they do more than just sit there they get rid of them. I have heard of pups and rabbits being thrown out of cars on motor ways.

Glad 'Rose' will go to a good home. Nice to know your neighbours are being so helpful. I bet now that Rose will be the'star' of the street. Do keep us posted as to her progress.

BritinNJ 11-05-2006 09:59 AM

Sarah, ah bless... you and hubs and Rosie, that poor poor dog. I'm so glad there's a happy ending and you've found a home for her. She looks so awful in those pictures, I don't know how people can be so cruel to anyone or any thing. Makes me just want to snuggle with my pups, fat Pen and limber Lew....I know Pen is overweight, we just can't seem to shift it, evn her new thyroid meds only ave her a two pound loss so far, but I'd rather see her as a fat little fur ball than skin and bones...I love the name, rosie is beautiful and now she'll have a rosy life to look forward to.

It's cold, brisk but sunny here today, we'll be having a nice long walk later, but first to the shops to get a few bits and bobs, need milk....

I went to Target and Kohls yesterday, was having withdrawals, had to drive fifty miles there, but it was worth it... am a very happy bunny, got some Christmas shopping done as well :)

redsoxgirl 11-05-2006 10:50 AM

Poor Rose, her eyes look so sad. I can't understand people sometimes. My cat lives like a queen, spoiled rotten as she should be.

Well hopefully you'll be able to post updated pics with her looking all happy and filled out a bit.

YP1 11-05-2006 11:14 AM

Poor Rosie, I'm glad you've found her a good home. She'll be so glad she ran out in front of your husband.

Have I said before how much I love running club? I did my 10 mile race today and ended up with a pacer, someone from the club who refused to leave me when I was struggling on the hills and probably got me back quicker than I would have done left to my own devices. We went for a pub lunch and a couple of pints on the way home (I had a lift so wasn't driving), so all in all a nice day, and so different to my usual tactics of going to races on my own, running it and coming straight home.

However, the alcohol's gone to my head so I might need a nap before I do anything this evening! I'm half watching the NY marathon and intending to have a bit of a doze.