Thanks Yp1!

• Hey YP1, just read ur reply to my mail bout gyms etc in leeds, and i just wanna say thanx very much for the advice. I realise u sent me this message a while ago now but it has taken me a while to work out how to open it , didnt realise you had to go to the user cp!
    Anyway, i have ben reaserching more bout gyms and pools up there and have found a few things out. There is a student gym apparently but they say it is £50.00 for the membership fee and £1.00 sumting evertime you visit, which seemed fairly xpensive if ur gonna use it often. So ive started looking at other gyms, over the net and i have found out about fitness first and a virgin active. These are the ones closest to where i live , just off kirkstall road, but dunno yet if am gonna be able to afford it! Also saw that there is a big swimming pool near me called the international swimming pool, but that looks like it is meant for serious swimmers and not for riff raff like me !!
    Any way i'll be moving up there next week and i'll have to sort something out then , but in the mean while am just gonna enjoy my time with my family i guess. AND try hard to shift some lard off me too ofcourse!!
  • No worries. The international pool has a gym downstairs too, I think you can get a membership or pay per visit - but it's not as swanky as the private ones in the changing areas etc! The international pool is OK (cold!), there are normally some lanes for club training etc and some lanes for other people, but I've only used it a couple of times because my gym is just over the road and far quieter. Plus you get towels I would have thought that the student gym will work out cheaper than the others, unless you go with an off peak membership maybe - even if you paid £1 per visit and went every day you'd pay less than I do for my monthly membership fee (but that's the peak time membership).