3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   August weigh in (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/90619-august-weigh.html)

YP1 08-07-2006 01:39 PM

11 stone today. At the lower end of my normal weight range, so I'll take that :)

Homersmummy 08-10-2006 06:14 PM

Just a pound this week. The first loss in 2 weeks. I've been the same weight for the past 3 weigh ins. :(
I am doing the gym, walking and eating well. But, it's gotten to the point now where it's damn hard.

Sarah Ann 08-11-2006 05:11 AM

Homersmummy - have you tried adding up all the calories you are eating? I'm not saying you should do it every day but it might be interesting to do a check of the actual calories you are taking in.

micheleherts 08-11-2006 07:30 AM

It does get hard unfortunately Hommersmummy, and sometimes it can make you hugely despondent. Just keep at it. Good idea from Sarah though to add up your calories.

I am ten stone one and a bit this morning.

SW 14 stone 10lbs
CW 10 stone 1 and a quarter lbs
GW 9 stone 7 lbs lower is I can

Homersmummy 08-11-2006 06:39 PM

I know i'm not over doing calories. It seems to be since i've been going to the gym. But, now it's started off again hopefully this will mean it'll carry on.
Just one pound in 3 weigh ins is disappointing. I'm not giving up though...

Camie 08-11-2006 06:56 PM

Scales Lie

If you are not weighing on the same scale for each weigh-in, there is a chance that the numbers are off. I hope that gives some encouragement to those of you who have been discouraged by recent weigh-ins. I have two different weights. One at home and one at my weight center. I go with what's home ;)

Homersmummy 08-11-2006 07:03 PM

It's the same scales each week at slimming world that I weigh on.
I do use scales at home too, which annoys my mum to **** because you're not suppose to weigh yourself daily! But, when I weigh at class I come home and weigh myself on our scales, they're usually spot on.

Sarah Ann 08-12-2006 01:32 AM

Yayyyy!!! I lost a pound. I know its only a pound but better gone than settled around my waist.

Best of all is that I now weigh 12 stone.... something. Okay, its a BIG something - but what the heck!

micheleherts 08-12-2006 04:27 AM

Well done you.

How fantastic when you get into the next number down. I am doing my best
to get to my next number down also as you must surely be tired of me going on about!!

Have a lovely day slim

Michele

TooCurvyMommy 08-12-2006 05:05 AM

Hello Brit ladies. I love that your measurements are so much smaller numbers than pounds!
I am trying to get back into my fabulous wardrobe of size 10s-12's after putting on weight after 2 miscarriages. The last one was just under a year ago - but I have pitied myself into eating more and now I feel like I am in a vicious cycle! Now, don't feel bad for me because I have a beautiful 3 year old son. So that pregnancy took. Quite well.
My problem,, I don't recognize myself in the mirror. The face is still pretty good -however - I am starting to look like a middle-aged women. Oh, yeah - I am. However I do not want to look like one. No, I want to look lie Jessica Simpson..or Elizabeth Hurley.

So - here goes my venture to lose weight. I think this is a great site with wonderful posts.... and I am very glad I found it at - oh, 3am! I hope that I can guilt myself into being consistant as I fight a busy schedule and general laziness!
Just call me TooCurvyMommy.

Sarah Ann 08-12-2006 05:30 AM

Hi TooCurvyMommy and :welcome3: to 3 Fat Chicks.

Hi Michele - you have done so wonderfully well, you'll get in to the 9s soon.

sat 08-12-2006 06:46 AM

Hi ToocurvyMommy,

I too discovered this website yesterday and after reading all the supportive messages have found a new fighting spirit to carry on with my diet after feeling a little de-motivated lately.

my slimmingworld leader suggests small goals, this week my goal is 2lbs to get me to 10st then i'll take it 1lb at a time from there. it also helped me to write a food diary for the first few weeks of my diet. i found i was more careful where i spent my syns.

so good luck keep us posted with how you get on:goodluck:

Sarah Ann 08-12-2006 07:08 AM

Excellent idea about the food diary. Also, if you are the kind of person who gets the munchies or cravings then note down how you were feeling at the time in your food diary - but write it in your food diary BEFORE you eat - its a great way to make you realise that you can deal with your feelings without using food.

stef 08-12-2006 08:16 AM

Hello All, newbies and those who may remember me!

I have been working at new job and have had no time at all for me!

Good news is that I only seem to have gained 4lbs in a year.

Bad news is that I am right back at my highest ever weight!

So.............. New target, new resolve!

1. Exercise :boxing:
2. Food :dust:

Sarah Ann 08-12-2006 08:43 AM

Welcome back, Stef :welcome3: