3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   So what will you have for dinner?????? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/89903-so-what-will-you-have-dinner.html)

Sarah Ann 07-24-2006 05:37 AM

So what will you have for dinner??????

Having drifted slightly off-course over the last few weeks, I'm thinking it had a lot to do with food boredom - so I thought it would be good to put together a thread full of meal ideas. Not recipes (we have a thread for that) - just meals you have on a regular basis which you love. It doesn't have to be fancy - or even cooked - but it would be nice if it were home prepared.

At the moment my fav lunch is a sort of Greek Salad - bed of spinach topped with a little finely sliced red onion and one of those big tomatoes sliced and laid over, sprinkled with a little garlic salt, black pepper and fresh basil or oregano - then on top of that I crumble a couple of ounces of low fat feta cheese and sprinkle some halved black olives. Just before eating I trickle over a little l/f garlic & herb salad dressing.

kykaree 07-24-2006 06:33 AM

Tonight we are having carefully measured pasta mixed with aubergine pesto, with a grilled chook breast, and a side salad.

2frustrated 07-24-2006 07:04 AM

Salmon and stringy beans!

Tomorrow I might do some pork with appley sauce or something

YP1 07-24-2006 02:51 PM

I had a huge salad with falafel and pitta bread, and if I get hungry again later (almost certainly will!) I've got some strawberries and yoghurt to finish off with :)

Sarah Ann 07-25-2006 03:54 AM

Tonight I'm having BBQ with chicken marinated in Nando's and salad - possibly some mixed grain bread - and DH's yoghurt/garlic/mint/green chilli sauce.

I had a chilled sweet lemon omlette for brekkie and it was yum!

2frustrated 07-25-2006 04:15 AM

So why isn't this lemon thing in the recipe thread then ;) :?:

*tapping foot*

I'm waiting..... ;)

peacock 2 07-25-2006 04:16 AM

OOH YP1 - I love falafel!

I am having Quorn meat salad sandwiches (the slices of 'Turkey' and stuffing) for lunch-I am meeting a friend for lunch in the cemetery. Don't laugh - people sunbathe there!!

I was going to have some Quorn cottage pie tonight but as I am going to SW - I mihgt eat afterwards at the Lebanese cafe and have a spinach pancake - I love them - just before I go to the cinema for Piratates of the Caribbean 2.

Sarah Ann 07-25-2006 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2frustrated
So why isn't this lemon thing in the recipe thread then ;) :?:

*tapping foot*

I'm waiting..... ;)

:dizzy: Done! I've made a couple of them - they keep in the fridge okay for about 2 days.

PhatPhoenix 07-25-2006 08:25 AM

Sarah I'm going to try that...

I haven't decided what I'm doing for tea as I bought tilaupa and some kippers last night - was going to barbecue the tilaupa last night and have the kippers tonight. Only when I got it home did I realise they both had a use by of yesterday so we ended up chucking it all on the barbie. Which means I've nothing in for tonight!

I do have a load of pitta and salad and some tins of organic chick peas, so think I might do the falafel thing, too! We are self sufficient now in lettuce, toms, chives, and a lot of herbs so salad's no problem! I've been making lime and garlic salad dressings with olive oil and some seeds thrown in. I think today I'll have a day of raw food!

I do exactly what Helen does too - usually save my 'pud' to eat at 9pm when I'm ravenous and my staple's also been strawberries or rasps and homemade yogurt.

2frustrated 07-25-2006 08:52 AM

You guys are so good! ;)

Today I've had laughing cow cheese and an apple as a snack! Then nuked apples with cottage cheese....

I'm not holding out much hope for a gourmet dinner either! I've got some stir-fried veggies in still, and I put some chicken in the fridge to defrost so will probably have that!

Sarah Ann 07-25-2006 08:59 AM

Yes, I do that as well. My pud is my fifth 'meal' - usually cottage (bleugh) cheese mixed with sweetner and then whizzed or yoghurt with fresh or frozen fruit or baked cheesecake with fruit.

Actually the chilled sweet lemon omlette would make a nice afters as well :)

I sometimes do that sugarfree jelly whipped with yoghurt thing if I'm craving something really sweet.

I had a special pud the other day at a friend's house. A wine glass with a few raspberries at the bottom then a layer of whizzed L/f fromage frais mixed with some of that Camp coffee essence stuff and some sweetener and about a tablespoon of brandy (any dark spirit - or sherry - would do) - then topped with a little grated dark chocolate - and chilled. It couldn't have been many calories because she knows that I'm watching what I eat but it was delicious.

YP1 07-25-2006 04:04 PM

Tonight I had pasta with cherry tomatoes, rocket and beans. I've only just had it, so today I had my "snack" earlier - pitta with the tiniest bit of leftover houmous, roast pepper and spinach. In between I went out for a couple of drinks at a work thing (hence the snack, to avoid me raiding the buffet which was full of cakes ;) )

Tomorrow will be pasta with broad beans, sun dried tomato and feta I think.

Sarah Ann 07-26-2006 06:00 AM

I'm going to try Kylie's pasta with aubergine pesto with some tea smoked chicken (see recipe thread) and - as usual - a side salad.

Sarah Ann 07-26-2006 06:01 AM

Helen - do you make your own hummus / houmous?