UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Well done everyone.

No loss here I'm at the end of a period and feel like the size of a house. When I was way bigger I never realised that I did bloat out, but oh how I do!!

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:06 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie Jane
Hi all

Well done everybody. It should get a bit easier with the sun showing itself more often (or am I just kidding myself?)
I get just that little bit more desperate as the weather gets better...

Well done JJ 4 pounds
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:48 AM   #18  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Well done everyone! I've lost 2lbs this week. I'm hoping it'll pick up a little when the thyroid tablets kick in.

Janie Jane - I think you're right - losing weight has a lot to do with whats going on in your head. I find I have more motivation when I set myself smaller targets - looking at it as one long huge amount of weight to lose is just too daunting. I've broken mine down in to 10 mini goals - I've achieved 3 of them and hopefully will manage the next one by next WI day.

I also think you can trick your head to some extent - I've found this 'nutrition plan' I'm on to be relatively easy because I eat 6 times a day so there's never too long before my next meal - even if that 'meal' is only a cheestring and a handful of grapes.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #19  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie Jane
I'm convinced that losing weight is more to do with what's in your head than what goes in your mouth. I've made a concerted effort not to think about dieting, just to eat my meals and nothing else. Well, let's see what happens in the future.

Hmm - a couple of years ago my SO said to me "You know, the best way to lose weight is just to eat what you want, when you're hungry."

I followed his advice and put on two stone in about 6 months! Eating what I want doesn't work. What I want to eat is chocolate and cake and crisps and those little mini doughnuts you get from Morrisons. And sitting in fornt of the TV at night time with a massive bowl of Crunchy Nut.

It's very much about what goes in your mouth but you also need to be at the right point in your head to make it work.

Anyway, loss so far this month - 4.2 lbs.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #20  

Well done SA and Robsia
Old 04-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #21  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Robsia - I tried that 'diet' as well - I went up from about 12st to 17.5 st in about a year. That is exactly why I thought the Paul McKenna thing was so dangerous. I am sure that I haven't got the little switch which is inside 'normal' peoples' heads which tells them they are a) full or b) not hungry. I am always in total awe of my DH because he can be half way through something completely scrumptious and stop eating saying 'I've had enough' - I don't think I've ever done that!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:30 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/210/139

Veggie, yes you're right. The sun makes me feel so much better but seeing all those skinnies disrobing gradually as the sun comes out more and more leaves me feeling really depressed - jealousy is a terrible thing

I really like the idea of breaking it down into VERY small goals. Much more achievable. I'm a really 'visual' person and I like to see the changes, so marking the weight loss off on a graph for me is a real boost - I know, I know, I'm one very sad chick

Robsia - I take your point my idea was to get my head into a place where I don't actually want the doughnuts, chocolate etc in the first place. Wishful thinking maybe ...
Janie Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #23  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Ah - I don't think I've got to that point yet. I still want them, I just want to be thin more.

I see it as a set of those old fashioned scales with dishes on both sides. On one side is the desire to eat the bad stuff, and on the other side is the desire to be slim and healthy.

Both desires are there all he time, for me, but sometimes one outweighs the other.

When the desire to be slim is stronger, I lose weight. When the desire to eat all those goodies is stronger, I gain weight.

This is why the hardest thing for me is keeping it off as my brain thinks "Ah - now I can eat all those nice goodies again!" and of course it goes back on again. but I am determined to do it this time. I will still be coming here when I'm maintaining and I'll still be tracking my food on Nutridiary, which I've never done before after a diet. So hopefully, this time it will stay off!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #24  

Good for you girl, stick with it - I'm not there either, so anyone out there with any tips, let me know.

A couple of you have mentioned a 'fitlog' or 'fitdiary' - can't find it now I want to quote it - what is it and where do I find it? Ta
Old 04-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #25  

Fitday.com ?
Old 04-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #26  

Ta Veggie
Old 04-20-2006, 02:55 AM   #27  

Bugger - Obviously my head isn't right yet! Just weight and I put on 3lb - I knew my mother in law was telling me that she hated me when she gave me that easter egg she didn't actually force it into my mouth though did she!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:58 AM   #28  

Dammit! No change from last week - still it could have been a gain I suppose. I do not even have the excuse that I was with my family or eating Easter eggs.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:07 PM   #29  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

1 and a half pound off this week.
I expect it will be a put on next week, it's due TOM.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #30  

I was just thinking about you Homersmummy.