OT: Little Britain

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hello all!

I have just discovered this hilarious show! It is on BBC America. The characters are very well written.

One of the characters is named Vicky, a girl from council housing who runs in a "gang". My partner called her a "chav". What on earth does that mean??

Oh, and every once in awhile for a laugh, my partner will say to me "Bitty....bitty...." (reference to the grown man who still on occasion nurses at his mothers breast! Creepy and hilarious at the same time!)
  • Homersmummys posted her pic of when she met David Walliams a bit ago after a little britain live show. He's the bitty man!
  • A chav, depending on where you come from, may also be known as a scally, charver, ned (Non Educated Delinquent), pikey or muppet.

I guess it would be what you would call trailer trash. Britney Spears gets called a chav a lot in the papers.

I think Andy and Lou are the best characters, I can't watch the bitty bits
  • Have you seen Marjorie Dawes and Fatfighters yet?
  • A chav is very keen on baseball caps, preferably in Burberry Nova plaid and wear famous brand sportswear, especially hooded tops - they don't seem to mind if their sportswear is the real thing or a copy so long as it has the logo embroidered on it somewhere where everyone can see it.

I don't know about elsewhere but male Yorkshire chavs have taken to wearing their trackie bottoms tucked in their socks (not the best of looks).

The chav girls wear too much make up, too much perfume and too few clothes. They seem to love FCUK crop tops with VERY low slung tight jeans and complete the look with LOTS of very cheap very large gold jewellery which is known as bling.

Chavs who own cars almost always have wide-boy exhausts on them and stereo systems designed to keep the entire neighbourhood awake.

Yes, I live next door to a chav family.
  • Quote: I don't know about elsewhere but male Yorkshire chavs have taken to wearing their trackie bottoms tucked in their socks (not the best of looks).
    They do that round here and finish the look off with Rockport shoes
    Not just the males either.
  • Oh I've seen that advertised! I'll have to staart watching. I am addicted to Footballers' Wives, I bought them from Amazon ot realizing they were on TV! I'm on season 2 right now.
  • Quote: They do that round here and finish the look off with Rockport shoes
    Not just the males either.
    OMG - how embarrassing - I've got a pair of Rockport trainers .... I'M TURNING IN TO A CHAV!!!!
  • That's a fashion? trakky bums in socks?? Well I was way ahead of my time when I was mucking out the rabbits!

I have seen people doing that now you come to mention it
  • *point and laugh* Chav Sarah!

Don't worry... I have a Lonsdale T shirt...
  • I love Little Britain! Is the season premier this Friday, or is it just an 'all new episode'? I can't remember what the commercial said. I've got my DVR waiting.

Sarah, love your avatar!
  • Hi Jennifer - I can't help you with the Little Britain thing but I'd like to thank you for the website, its lifeline which I very much appreciate!
  • Quote: Oh I've seen that advertised! I'll have to staart watching. I am addicted to Footballers' Wives, I bought them from Amazon ot realizing they were on TV! I'm on season 2 right now.

Me too! That Tanya is something else!!

I'm also into Mile High, Bad Girls, The Office and Coupling. Heck, I just love British TV in general!
  • Quote: Have you seen Marjorie Dawes and Fatfighters yet?

Yes! Marjorie is one of the best characters! Makes me wanna smack her the way she talks to the FatFighter clients!

It's really scary how both Scott and David make attractive looking women sometimes!!
  • Quote: A chav, depending on where you come from, may also be known as a scally, charver, ned (Non Educated Delinquent), pikey or muppet.

I guess it would be what you would call trailer trash. Britney Spears gets called a chav a lot in the papers.

I think Andy and Lou are the best characters, I can't watch the bitty bits
    Ah, okay, now I get it!! Yes in that context Britney is definitely a chav! Worse than that--a chav with money!