UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:49 PM   #1  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Default Sports bras

I know there's no substitute for being properly measured, but that doesn't tend to be an option at 8.30 on a Saturday night so I've got my tape measure out. I need a new sports bra because as I've shrunk my strap em down style bra just doesn't do that any more, and there's far too much room for movement inside, particularly when I'm running.

So, I measured and seem to have run up with a problem. I may have whinged before about my lack of boobage, but I'd never seen it confirmed so definitively. Basically there's nothing there. I'm either a 36A or a 38AA (which doesn't appear on the charts I've been using, but holding the tape measure at the overbust measurement for a 38A gives me a LOT of room for movement).

The problem is that a lot of the sports bra ranges I've seen only start at B or so. For lower impact sports I wouldn't be so bothered, but when I'm running I do sense that there is more movement than there should be, and even though there's not much to droop, I want to do the best I can to preserve what's there!

So, does anyone have any recommendations of good sports bra for high impact sports that come in tiny cup sizes before I decide that the only course of action is a boob job?
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #2  

I'm a 34D, and haven't been an A or AA since before I had kids, so not sure but the one I recommend (if they come in an A?) is the Berlei Shock Absorber. You can see them on the figleaves website. We live near a designer outlet so just wait til the sales then I can usually get them for a fiver - but I guess they'd be best part of £30 normally? I've worn them for ages now - use mine when I go running, dance, whatever and it's comfortable and seems to hold everything in place. If it works on my frightening Ds, would be great for an A!

They also have a really good selection of stuff here:

www.girlsruntoo.co.uk

Including bras! Good luck!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #3  

www.lessbounce.com

http://www.lessbounce.com/cgi-bin/sh...FAL001#aFAL001

I refuse to believe your a 38 around your back, you need someone else to measure you. I'm a 38 and wear a size 18 clothing size.

There's plenty on the site in a 36a but not much in a AA at all.

You can have some of mine and some of Phat Phoenix's and we can all be BB's together!! That sounds a plan!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:08 AM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

That surprised me too, I seem to have big ribs without too much fat (or boobs) on top of them!

I need some of my sister's, she got everything boob related in my family. Still, at least I'm thinner than her
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I have a Berlei sports bra but on top of that I wear a Nike Cropped sports top, I go from having bosoms to being like a boy its fantastic.
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #6  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I have - ahem - big bazoomies, and I wear a Champion Action Shape which is absolutely fabulous. If Champion bras are as good in smaller sizes, you could do worse than the Champion Action Tech

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:42 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I wear a Berlei Shock Absorber which I love and is so comfy I can wear it as a normal bra too.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #8  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I second the Champion bra's. They don't really have cups as such, but they do hold you in, hard to explain.

I bought three this week after my old Hanes one died. Very happy so far.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #9  
Heather/Caterpillar

I personally quite like the ASDA ones...cheap which is good since I'm going down sizes, I don't know if they come in smaller sizes though. I know they come in larger back sizes though which is always good.
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #10  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Oh I wish I could contribute to this thread! Even at my biggest or 9 months preggers I never had more than an A cup and the first place any weight loss goes from is my chest! I haven't worn a bra, except as a decorative item, for the last 30 years. You can't get a 42 AAA (I've got a wide back!) I even sold undies on eBay for a while and even with all the contacts I had I STILL couldn't get one to fit. The only thing that wobbles when I run is my tummy!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Oh I dream of being an A cup sometimes- you're never happy with what you've got.

Unfortunately I'm at the opposite end of the scale (36F)

With all your various recommendations does anyone know anything for big boobs as well- when I ran it was 2 bras and a crop top to strap 'em down.
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #12  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Clareh, this, this, this, this, and finally this are recommended high impact bras in size 36F.

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:29 PM   #13  

Dippy chip!

Thanks!!! I'm in 'massive sports bra' heaven!!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:41 AM   #14  

Dippy Chip, you officially rock! My lovely new Enell bra arrived this morning (after 2 months of trying all of the other (much jumping in the changing room in House of Fraser)

And it works. My boobs don't move (much anyway). Now I have no excuse not to start running next week. There's just the matter of a midnight marathon walk tomorrow now...

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:08 AM   #15  
Denise-gotta reach target

S/C/G: 237/209/140

Height: 5ft 5.2

i will have to try one of those bras too

which one is it?

i use the berlei shock absorber at the moment and my size i 36FF !!

I also want to try and start running from next week too- gotta have something else to aim for as after the Moonwalk there will be a big 'let-down' i think!!

some of the girls at the gym said to me i could run with them when i am ready- just start off a couple of miles or so!

got to get to a couple of yards first though LOL!
Zafira is offline   Reply With Quote