UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:10 AM   #61  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hoooooooooooray!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #62  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

I caught some of that supersize programme, that back fat lump thing is going to make me paraniod now, I know it.
and you know the woman who under went gastric bypass surgery is now on a liquid diet, maybe that would be helpful to do for someone like me, just like 2 days a week, what do you think?
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #63  

Can I be blunt? At your weight a liquid diet would be counter productive, in my opinion. I think you'd go into starvation mode and wouldn't lose a thing, and then may be at risk of overeating on non liquid days. Just my humble opinion. That woman was morbidly obese, you're not (unless you are 4feet tall or something!)

I have never seen anyone with back fat like that, I was 262lbs and my back is the one part of my body that I am really proud of, so I wouldn't worry!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #64  
aka Superwoman!

Why would you want to go on a liquid diet? It's very restrictive and doesn't work long term. As soon as you eat "normally" all the weight piles back on! The best way to lose is to make small changes you can live with, like fully skimmed milk, apples instead of crisps, sugar free pop/squash, eat more salad and balanced healthy meals. Also get out and move more. Boring but it works! THERE IS NO EASY WAY!

Just been on a run, day 2 week 6 couch to 5k. I shouldda tried harder (I skived off 4 minutes at the end). I feel a bit of a failure! Damn! Gotta try harder at the weekend! I tok my route via Tesco and remembered my money today! Hussah! I tell you I've lost brain cells as well as fat!

Oooh I wondered why I was hungry, no lunch yet!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #65  

I went to body pump today at lunch, it was fab, but it only took 10 minutes LOL The instructor didn't plan it out very well, so we did the whole routine again! Still 10 minutes short, so we turned on him and told us he had to plan it better and send us a copy of the routine on Monday morning for our approval! LOL. The guy is about 23 and looked really scared of us 5 bolshy short women, it was funny!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
Ooooh organic whole milk, yum!

I weighed today, and I'm 199, I feel so relieved, and that I can finally get on with it!!! End of summer 05 target reached! LOL Ok it's winter! but at least it's the middle of winter and not the end.
That's my dream 199. One day I will get there.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #67  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Well done Kylie for making 199! I'm so proud of you.

Killer weights this morning, and I've just popped into the gym at the end of the road to sign up for yoga. I have to say, I really don't like the look of the gym, but if the class is decent I will stick with it. Just time to get something to eat before heading out for the class at 7.45.

I couldn't believe how insensitive that poor woman's husband was. I have to say, it's the one reason I couldn't even contemplate surgery. It's OK cutting back on "special occasion" food most of the time, but I couldn't give it up completely and live on liquids, even for a short period of time.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #68  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm SOOO inflexible. Hopefully if I carry on going to yoga it will help, although my mat was crap, my hands and feet get very sweaty and were slipping all over the place. Still, it's something that gets me away from the fridge, and it's only round the corner (although I spotted someone driving home who lives about 10 or 12 doors down from me, lazy girl!!!)
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #69  

I went to have my prgramme redone today with cute gym instructor. It's really hard, which is just what I need now, and I think things will really start to change now. I was introduced to his girlfriend today. She's the smallest adult I have ever seen in my life, size 4 maybe!!! He's quite small himself, and she makes him look enormous!!! Really nice girl.

No swimming tonight. I had a few transport dramas today, and after weights, I felt really weak. I really haven't eaten enough today, and had to come home. i did have to do some cardio though, just to enter 199 on the machines LOL
Old 01-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #70  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

I think I have the 'balanced' meal thing down, I cycle everywhere, I joined the gym and still! to be honest I think my will power has left me.
I just thought to give things a bit of a kick Id try on tuesdays and thurdays having a smoothy for breakfast (frozen berrys, semimilk, 1/2banana) soup for lunch and soup for dinner? for a month to see what happens, ur prob rite, but like I said nothing is working it seems, I am 4'11'' so my bmi bodyfat% is is crap
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #71  

I lost half a pound at fat club not very good especially at my weight. If I was on celebrity fit club (I'm just a hollyoaks/this morning appearance away from being famous enough ha ) they'd be demanding a 4/5 pounds loss a week. A first weeker at my fat club who seems to be thin (ish) anyway lost 8.5 pounds!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 216/193.5/130

half a pound is still a loss
WillowFae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #73  

8.5 pounds, what did they do, cut a foot off??

Not to worry Ms Veg, better result next week. Besides you probably lost 1/2 pound of fat, the same as the 8.
5 lber, just not loads of fluid and muscle as well.

I'm tired and covered in spots and just wanna go home
Old 01-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #74  
aka Superwoman!

poor (spotty) kykaree,

I want to go home too! I'm trying to stave off the Friday afternoon skiving boredom by day dreaming about my private kickboxing lesson! I'm going to be the best! Hooooohah!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:34 AM   #75  

They're getting worse, really itchy, they're in my hair (wherever there is hair if you get my drift) over my back, everywhere, even in my ears!!!!!! Not happy!!!!

I did abs class at lunch, I'm exhausted, and all I want to do is eat!!!! Chocolate!!!