UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Wink Watch Out For The Ice!

Well I know I said I like cold weather…. But I didn’t want this to happen!

Yeah it could only happen to me!!!! Was going to mum's for Sunday breakfast, had only just locked the door and whoosh down head first! I landed on my arm. Got up and went back in my house in a lot of pain.

Called Mum and Dad came over and drove me to Casualty (ER to you guys) and luckily it was not busy, so I got seen pretty quickly by the triage nurse in there. I then had to wait for a proper check up which took about 40 minutes. Was finally called in, really nice nurse cannot fault her at all, very through check up from my shoulder to my wrist. It’s the part between my shoulder and elbow that’s painful. Because I could not rise my arm had to go for X-rays but again it was quick as it was quiet for a Sunday morning. All that took around 50 minutes then I had to sit in the waiting area again for the results.

I thought I'd broke it, thank god I've not, just really swollen and bruising now.... got to wear the sling for 2 - 3 days and take painkillers!!

My neighbour said oh you'll get sometime off work, I laughed and said I don't think they would appreciate that just had 5 weeks off!!!! So I will be going in tomorrow.... just having to type with one hand, and try and use mouse in my left hand as well!!! They’ll have to perhaps give me some paperwork to do tomorrow....

Hospital where great, thoroughly checked it over and did 3 x-rays, I can't praise them enough for there service! I won’t doubt the NHS again!

Well spent around 4 hours there in all, I am almost glad it happened early as when we left it was so busy in there, so many people today see to have arm and leg injuries. The ice is like glass outside you can’t see it!

The Ironic part… my mum phoned me up about 15 minutes before I did it to warn me when I come across to be careful as my dad had took there dog out and said it was really icy!!! I laughed and said I thought as much as when I was washing up, I saw Jill a neighbour walking really slow home and so guessed it was bad….

It could only happen to me!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 04:45 PM   #2  
Queen of Chaos!

Funny, I just read the exact same story on another forum I frequent... I guess the World Wide Web is huge, but not really that big eh?!!

Hope you're arm's better soon, at least it's not broken!
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:21 AM   #3  

Well I am at work now after spending some 40 minutes trying to get dressed!!!! I am waiting for someone to give me some paperwork to do or something as i am only using the 1 hand as my phone is on the right and i cannot reach it!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 03:21 AM   #4  

Well looking at my avater now seems like daft quote!!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:56 AM   #5  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Poor Maz!

Hope it starts to feel less painful really soon!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:00 AM   #6  

You need a new av 'I like icey days but not as much as I did.'
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:23 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
You need a new av 'I like icey days but not as much as I did.'
Ha Ha I might come up with that!

For those who read my blog it's moved over to diaryland the new link is http://icemoose.diaryland.com/
Old 11-22-2005, 04:34 AM   #8  

One new avater in place! lol

The arm and shoulder is feeling a lot better this morning can move it a little bit more!
Old 11-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #9  

I was walking to gym today, and the only icey bit was the pathway down to the gym, I slid, on my feet thank goodness, all the way down!!!! It was a bit scary!!!!

I hate ice, snow, rain, sleet, hail I can handle, but icey paths I loath. I still have a scar on my knee from when I took a tumble last year!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:02 AM   #10  

Still doing good, although I yelped in the night when I tried to tuck my arm under my pillow, jeez that hurt!!!