3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   August Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/62590-august-exercise.html)

2frustrated 08-01-2005 03:51 AM

August Exercise!

See I'm imaginative today! :rofl:

Did lower body workout with weights this morning. Hopefully upper body tonight - would've done it all tonight but we're going to a friend's for dinner :o Hope he doesn't feed us too well!

YP1 08-01-2005 01:22 PM

35 minutes walking hard hills on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the cross trainer this morning. Probably 30 minutes of pilates later.

Cazzie 08-01-2005 03:17 PM

Stroll around the falkirk wheel in the sunshine, doesn't match up to the ladies above, but better than sitting on the couch munching

Mary_30 08-01-2005 03:53 PM

wow you are all doing so well on exercise

I decided that i should start doing some sort of exercise so my plan is to build up gradually.

So i intend to do 15 mins exercise on my treadmill every day mon-fri and im going to up it every week.

So done my 15 mins running and walking on the treadmill and covered 1.2km

Mary

miranoron 08-01-2005 04:17 PM

Weight lifting and 55 minute walk today.

kykaree 08-01-2005 05:19 PM

I was going to do weights today, but the boys wouldn't let me play in their sandpit :( So I did 15 minutes on level 17 on the treadmill (don't feel ready for level 20 yet!!!) 10 minutes on the cross trainer, 10 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the stepper, and 5 minutes recumbent bike to cool down. It was very fun. I really have to hit the weights tomorrow, I am also planning to swim.

2frustrated 08-02-2005 03:45 AM

Finished off my weights workout with upper body last night! Discovered that I can squat 30lbs rather than the 25lbs I had been doing in the morning! :doh: and :cheer:

Kickboxing tonight! :dance: :hyper:

Mary_30 08-02-2005 07:03 AM

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me exactly what is Pilates?

Im looking to buy a dvd that i can use to tone up any ideals?

Mary

kykaree 08-02-2005 08:12 AM

YP1 would know more than me, but from my understanding it's a system of toning exercises, it takes many forms, as you can do it with loads of equipment, or quite simply with just a few tools, or just on its own.

I did my weights this morning in the big boys sandpit, and then swam for half an hour. Going power shopping at lunch!!!

2frustrated 08-02-2005 08:15 AM

Pilates is strengthening and toning exercises that focus on your "core" muscles ie your abs and your back muscles, although more concentrated on the abs. Pilates teaches you great posture and spinal alignment, so if you find yourself slouching all the time then it's good for that! Standing up tall can also make you look thinner so I like that!

Try it, you'll like it! It's not too strenuous either ;)

YP1 08-02-2005 02:27 PM

It's not too strenuous, although it gives your abs a good workout. Basically you have to keep your "core" stable and engaged while you move other muscles - harder than it sounds. Some of the positions look a bit yoga-esque, but it's more doing movements - e.g. leg circles while in the position rather than just holding a stretch.

It's meant to give you a good "core" and long, lean muscles, although I can't vouch for that as I've only been doing it for a week or so.

Oops, nearly forgot to post my exercise. This morning I ran 5k in 30 minutes. That's the first time I've ever done that on the treadmill, and the only other time I've broken 30 minutes is in Race for Life when I was pumped up by everyone else. I didn't stop there though, I carried on and did 20 minutes of hills at walking pace before I got off the treadmill. Then a bit of upper body weights but not much. As it's such a lovely night I might go for a stroll in the park later if I have the energy.

Cazzie 08-02-2005 02:32 PM

Walked another couple of miles, just over if I'm being honest, all across rough ground and up hill and down dale.

miranoron 08-02-2005 04:35 PM

40 minute walk and weight lifting today.

cat90 08-02-2005 05:19 PM

Did approximately 30 minutes of Tae-bo Basic Training today :rolleyes: I could'nt manage the whole :censored: thing :faint: I'd had enough :rofl:

kykaree 08-03-2005 01:29 AM

Yesterday I did my weights circuit (cute gym instructor with other nearly cute gym instructor were there exercising as well, using 25 kg weights and theres me with my girlie dumbbells, oh well) and swimming too. I went for a walk to the shops at lunch time, but SHOCK did NOT buy anything!!!!