UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-05-2005, 05:57 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Newbe to Slimming World

Hi, I have just started the Slimming world diet. I would love to hear from peopel who are on this diet or have previously done it!i have about a stone and a half to loose!
angelinlove2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:10 AM   #2  

I lost 50 pounds on it last year then stopped it and put it all back on. It is a good plan to follow even though I can't quite stick to it at the moment myself.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:01 AM   #3  

Hi Angel
I'm on it too. The first couple of weeks I ate for Wales, and still lost weight. It's a bit complicated though, and I really miss my bread. I'm having a bad week this week, started off bad and gone down hill. I will be starting again on friday after my weigh in on thursday and hope we can keep in touch, I have loads of recipes I have'nt got around to trying yet, there's always one ingredient missing in the store cupboard. I'll keep you posted. Good luck.
Carole
chunkycarole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:05 AM   #4  

Hi, im glad i have found someone else on the diet. this is my first week and i havent dared to weigh myself yet!i think i have tried every diet around and not yet found anything i can stick to- so hopefully this weill be the one We will definatly have to keep in touch and help each other through How long have you been on the diet?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:15 AM   #5  

Hi Angel
I've been on the diet 11 weeks. If you'd asked me last week it was 10 weeks 11lb lost, now its 11 weeks 91/2 lb lost.
carole
chunkycarole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:26 AM   #6  

You have done really well That is brilliant!keep up the good work
Old 07-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #7  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Angel... welcome, welcome, come and chat every day, whether it be a good one or a bad one (we all have em)

Slimming world is a great plan, I do WW myself when I'm being good.. at the moment after a gain this past year, I'm maintaining, and need to lose again, I like being a LOSER
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #8  

wow, it said i havent been on here since may of 2003. well i guess since then, i have been diet hopping and losing and gaining and pretty much staying the same wt. at 5'3, i just turned 40 and am teetering between 190 and 200. right now i am 193. aphil, i dont know if you remember me, but you (and many others) were so supportive of me. i really did appreciate it, but i guess i just wasnt there mentally to do this. i thought i was. anyway i am ready to do it the old fashioned way , by counting calories and excercising and making healthy decisions on what and how much i am going to eat. i hope you will accept me back. i need alot of help, i hope people can be patient and supportive of me. i will try as much as i can to give that support back, it is just that i feel funny trying to give advice and support to people when i am so messed up with myself about losing wt and getting healthy. i am getting used to a whole new work schedule and am very happy with it. i just have to change things right now, which needed to be changed before and my job change and taking chances was a very big first step. i thought once i did that , that my weight problems would dissappear, but again i was wrong. i am still doing all the wrong things when it comes to food. everything else in my life is pretty good. really! i need to change now!!!!!!!!! i just turned 40 in april. and once again i thought i would get it together when my 40th birthday came around. i am at my wits end and really just want to look at the calories on things decide to eat it or not. i went on www. caloriescount.com and filled out the right information and it says i can eat 1565 a day, which is alot more then i thought i could have to lose wt. i am 5'3 and weigh 193 and excercise at least 3 days a week for 30 mins. i know that will increase, i will do it.

thanks in advance for hopefully letting me join again and really getting serious about in now!!!!!!!!!!!
willbethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:52 PM   #9  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back willbethin Visit us more often...
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:54 PM   #10  

ah man! sorry, i tried this once, i am from the usa and someone i chatted with was kind enough to send me a book about this, cause it isnt in the usa. it is very tempting but kind of hard and would encourage me to eat to much when i wasnt hungry. that is my main problem. if a food is free i am gonna eat it even if i am not hungry. i am not gonna learn how to eat this way. i thank you for the support, but i am afraid i posted this in the wrong section. good luck to everyone who attempts to lose weight this way. i mean on a original day, i could eat so much pasta and potatos, it can be a godsend, but as far as the sins go , i wouldnt be able to control them. it is a great program and i wish i could do it. who knows if calorie counting doesnt do it for me, i may need to come here and get all the support i can get and try this again. thank you so much. i am gonna try to go to the doin it the old fashioned way board, counting calories and excercising.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:50 AM   #11  

Hi, just wondering how everyone is doing on the diet? Its day 5 for me today and im still really enjoying this diet- bit worried about weighing myself on monday tho as i have been eating so much!!will let you know how it goes
Old 07-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #12  

Angel everyone worries about their first weigh in on sw, everyone thinks they won't lose as they have been eating so much! I hear it all the time. The reason I haven't been losing is I haven't been following the plan. I lost 3 stone on it last year it does work if you follow it.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #13  

thanks for your words of wisdom!i will let you know on monday how i get on-good luck with your diet over the weekend
Old 07-08-2005, 10:55 PM   #14  

hi guys, angel. i would love to know how you do. i quit after the first 3 days, cause i thought i wouldnt lose any weight on it. i just love to eat and i thought this was the answer, then i thought i couldnt possible lose weight eating the free foods, cause i could eat all day on them. i quit cause i wanted to be able to eat "normal" portions of food. i have been calorie counting for 3 days and i am full after my final meal and allotted calories then 2 hrs later i am hungry.

i am not from the uk, so i dont know how many syns i am allowed to have, if i tell you my stats maybe you could tell me how many i can have?? i am 40 yrs old, i am 5'3 and weigh 193 .lbs. i excercise at least 3 times a week for 30 mins. i am trying to increase that though. maybe if i know how many syns i can have i will attempt to do this again. do you go to meetings?? this would help me alot, i thank you in advance. and good luck to you.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:40 AM   #15  

You are allowed 5 -15 syns a day whatever your weight and height. It is basically 100 - 300 extra cals a days on non free food.