UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-07-2005, 06:18 PM   #1  

Talking US Fat Chick Would Like to have a UK Buddy!!

I am a fat chick from the US who currently needs to lose about 116 pounds before I reach my goal weight of 150 pounds. I am not sure how many stone that is, but I am sure it is a lot.

I happen to like the UK a lot and thought it would be cool to have a diet buddy from there.

I read the book Jemima J and absolutely loved it!!! I could so relate to the main character (all except the huge weightloss!!).

If you need to lose a lot of weight as well, feel free to email me.
snoopychick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #2  

I read Jemima J it was good. Feel free to stick around here we like new people A LOT I need to lose over 100 pounds still.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:19 AM   #3  

Default Hey!

I am in need of some buddying - I've got 4.5 stone to lose (about 63 pounds) - this is going to be the year it happens! I'm starting jogging again, which I began to love, despite being terribly slow, until I fell over on my knee about a month ago. All better now, but I've slipped back into lazy mode! I'm giving weightwatchers a bash as it fits my lifestyle and a mate of mine lost and has kept off for over a year about5 stone! Well done him.... Great to meet you anyway!
smurf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #4  

Hi snoopychick26,
I'm a UK chick, living in germany. I have a lot to loose too, but am going great guns so far! 8lbs in 2 weeks, yeah me! I'm looking for a buddy so if you fancy a bit of friendly support and motivation, then I'm in!
Tell me what your plan of attack is, are you joining any club or just making healthy changes at home? I'm following Slimming Worlds' on line club, expensive but its working so I can't knock it!
I walk 2-3 miles 5 days a week, but thats all the active exercise I do.
I'm married with two beautiful daughters, they are my reason for making it work this time around, I WILL NOT let them down.
Look forward to hearing from you soon,
Best wishes,
Princessslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:33 AM   #5  

Hi snoopy! Just came to say HI! I haven't got much to lose now, and have been following Weight watchers for a year now, but just about every pitfall I have fallen into, so feel free to ask. It can be daunting when you have a good few pounds to lose, but just break it down into small, managable goals and it will seems much easier. It's nice to hear about someone loving the UK, have you ever been? I've always wanted to visit the States, but never been able to afford it up to now. I do post mainly on another thread on this site where most of the others are from your side of the pond also, and its lovely to hear how the 'other half' live.
Anyway, I'll wish you luck, and hope to hear from you again soon, take care.
dawnydw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:27 AM   #6  

Hi Smurf7!

Thank you for replying to my post. My goal for this year is to lose at least 65 pounds or so, with my goal weight being to a total of 118 pounds. What is the atmosphere like where you are at as far as people that are heavy? Here, in Cali, it is not as if people are cruel, but in America in general, the big buzz word is obesity and how it will surpass smoking as the leading cause of death in the United States. So that is a very, very scarey thing indeed.

Are you on any special diet or food plan? Have you recently become overweight or is is a lifelong battle? Personally, I have always been heavy.

Well, I am running out of things to say, so I will end it with a hope that things are well with you.
snoopychick26 is offline   Reply With Quote