3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   How do you like a Valentine's day challenge!? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/50764-how-do-you-like-valentines-day-challenge.html)

2frustrated 12-26-2004 05:01 PM

How do you like a Valentine's day challenge!?

Helle everybody, and a happy boxing day to you all! Boyf and I have been boxing... quite literally!

Anyway, I was reading the 20 somethings thread and they have a Valentine's day challenge, they all want to be 155lbs for valentine's day!

It's 7 weeks away, and I've foolishly said I'd aim for 155, I didn't quite realise it was so close!! :rofl: Oh well, shoot for the moon and you fall in the stars!

I'm not quite sure how much I weigh either!! :rofl: ah well, It'll give me a good kick up the a*se!

Join me good laydees (and menfolk)! New year is just around the corner...

BritinNJ 12-26-2004 09:17 PM

I'm in!!! I won't weigh 155 by then though, but I'll join the challenge and say I want TEN pounds gone by then. It's very VERY do-able I know. So if anyone sees or hears that I fell off the wagon, please give me a good whack with the rolling pin. Thanks in advance.

By the way, can I start after the leftovers have gone? :) hehehehe....

stef 12-27-2004 08:39 AM

Me too! I'll aim for 10lbs, race you Chris!!

So I'll start my weigh in on Thurs - I like that day for some reason. Not after the weekend and not when I am heading for a bottle of red. Just nicely in the middle of nowhere!

Purple Hugs 12-27-2004 10:29 AM

I'm up for a challenge...

I'll aim for 10lb also... I've new years and also my birthday between now and then so there's a challenge in itself! I'll also challenge myself to get off my butt and take up some exercise again.

BritinNJ 12-27-2004 05:18 PM

Jane, I do WW. It works for me, when I'm being super duper good of course and I actually enjoy it.

I also go to curves which I love and I have found it has definitely improved my shape and energy levels.

I'm here to knock you in the knee caps... :) Anytime :)

Purple Hugs 12-27-2004 05:47 PM

Is curves in the UK?

And Thanks.. hehe I think! ;) (for the knee caps offer) hehe

BritinNJ 12-28-2004 12:38 AM

Yes, they have curves in the uk. I don't think they have one on every corner like they seem to have here, but you can go to their website and have a look as to where their locations are.

I like it, cos it's only women there and the machines are resistance, not weights and it's fun and doesn't feel like a workout that you don't even want to do again.

I shall weigh in on Friday which is my new day, and then the challenge is on...the race is on Stef... we can do this :)

Purple Hugs 12-29-2004 05:33 AM

Thanks Chris, I pm'd you back.. sadly not too close to me, but not impossible either, so you never know! :dizzy:

Well, I weighed in this morning and have lost a 1lb! which is great news... :smug: so that's fab given the xmas period. Hubby weighed too adn is joining me, as he's heavier too... We have decided to jump back onto atkins as we can do that together and enjoyed it before (I had to come off for an operation as it showed protein in my urine).

Well, there we are! Decision made.. will start induction on the 2nd as we have a dinner party on the 1st, but will be 'better' till then. :cool:

stef 01-02-2005 06:34 AM

Well well well - I weighed in a bit late, well we have been out gallivanting ! And I haven't gained ANYTHING at all over the holiday period!

How unbelievable is that? - and you don't even know just how food oriented this break has been!!! And I haven't done a moment's worth of exercise - not a one!!!!!

Fingers crossed that doing the right thing will see a pound and a bit disappear each week then!

veggie 01-02-2005 02:08 PM

I'm so depressed that I have put loads on again :mad: I will hopefully lose pounds by valentines day but this year I will have to not regain any that I lose I'm sick of doing it.

^^Angel^^ 01-03-2005 07:48 AM

7 weeks? I would hope for around 7lbs, although I lose very slowly so... I can only try!! Good luck to everyone with their challenges!

stef 01-03-2005 09:44 AM

Veggie, so glum!!!

Come on, do what you are so good at telling the rest of us. Put it behind you and concentrate on now and tomorrow - now for what is on your plate or in your hands, tomorrow for shopping and planning!

Perhaps you could use short goals like the 7 week Valentines one to set yourself little teensy goals. I have to admit that that is what I am doing (like I put in my signature: practice what I preach).

Set yourself a 1 lb per week MAXIMUM weight loss. Pick a bad habit and decide to lose it. Pick a good habit and decide to grow it! Whatever you choose JUST DO ONE AT A TIME!

It sounds as though, like me, you have lots of information and loads of good intentions, but that you simply overload yourself with goals and feel like a total eejit when you can't attain or sustain them!

I have decided that this year I will do what I can, no more and no less. This isn't letting myself off, it is just trying to make myself be realistic. I know I won't stick to a strict food regimen, so I simply won't set myself one. My first goal is to eat breakfast every day and to try the Starch Curfew again, cos me and the DH enjoyed it so much this time last year.

Last Jan I lost 1lb per week every week, got complacent and have since piled it all back on - AGAIN! So I know how you must be feeling!

Come on, lose the blues and join in with the fun run to Valentines!

Loadsa e-hugs xxx

BritinNJ 01-03-2005 11:37 AM

Hi girls....Valentines is only SEVEN weeks away?? Well I'd better get on this program. It starts TODAY for me :)

I WANT to do it, and i KNOW I CAN :)

Veggie, what Stef has said is so true. Couldn't have said it better myslef. You are such an inspiration in these threads, you always have been.

I can't believe how I gained since last APril although I did maintain for a while in there too, and played with the ten pound gain.

BUT...I don't like it, my trousers are all tight, I've not been exercising like I was, but today it all changes. I am going to curves later... I'll walk the dogs as usual and I am writing everything down again (even bought my new writing pad to do so). And I will keep within the allotted points.

I'm sticking with WW points as I know I understand it and it works.

Good luck to all of us in our chalenge...we CAN do it :)

Happy New Year as well.

slimmingsi 01-03-2005 08:05 PM

i'm currently up a wonderfull 8lb for christmas joy i do love my winter coat not. still now the birthday and christmas month is over i can lay off the beer take away and kebabs. so it should drop away nicely over the next few weeks

taichilady 01-04-2005 05:13 PM

Hi folks!
Not feeling up to V day, shall be putting my efforts into losing half a stone for Easter. Just recovering from hideous cold - already mentioned before, but this one bites back!! Was ill over Xmas, OK again up to NY eve and then it struck again. Dripping nose, tickly cough, bunged up, chesty cough, you name the symptoms, I've had 'em!