UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-19-2004, 07:44 AM   #1  

Question Off Topic but help needed on ref books

Can anyone help me? I will be regularly attending a pub quiz in the future and am a little ashamed at my lack of knowledge.

Ber in mind I left school with no qualifications and only got one in English Language later! I did try for evening classes in Maths (hopeless) Physics (don't ask) Biology (ditto!!)

Anyway bering in mind that I haven't studied for years , can anyone recommend a few decent books (not huge ones as I have no room to store them) on general knowledge but esp some science/medical books incliding anatomy and chemistry (Gray's anatomy would be too big).

General knowledge stuff that includes world politics/history etc etc would be good.

Bear in mind I am English so prob English publications only.

Cheers in advance

peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:50 AM   #2  
Recovering chocoholic

why dont you try using an online encylopaedia for a bit and then when you know what you especially need knowledge in you can invest in some specific books rather than blow all your money and waste space on stuff you might not use.
try wikipedia the free online encyclopaedia. Sorry I cant give you a link to it because the forum filters wont let me but if you put the name in a search engine it will find it for you.
It is a really good site it has practically everything on it somewhere.

Last edited by viviki; 05-19-2004 at 10:18 AM.
viviki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:53 AM   #3  

Thanks for the reply Viviki! I will give it a go (when the boss is out of the way!)
Old 05-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #4  

I know exactly nothing science or medical I read google news every hour of the day though
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:19 AM   #5  
Recovering chocoholic

The bbc site is really good too. it has a lot of historical information, educational stuff and massive news archives.
viviki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:52 PM   #6  

That's true but I only have a computer at work and keep trying to sneak a lok but my boss has a habit of bursting out of his room at a fair speed and I only just have time to get out of what I am doing and I cannot do two thing s at once (getting out of website and trying not to look guilty I mean!) Anyone would think I am there to work......

I try to do it when he has a working at home day but every other &ugger comes in - it is ike Victoria circus. I am sure if I was blatant with it there would be no problem!
Old 05-19-2004, 02:37 PM   #7  

peacock if you go to a search engine and type in trivia or even pub quizes youll get a whole list of things hope this helps
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote