UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:39 AM   #46  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,

Thanks for the good wishes i'll make sure i post this afternoon and let you know how i got on its nothing fancy just a part time job in the pharmacy doing stock but its at the store i've been trying to get on at for a couple of years so i'm psyched

Chris, sorry to hear that you are being transferred is there no way out of it? at least find out why you're being transferred like Kirsty said maybe its because you're doing such a GREAT JOB that they want you there

Carol, your job sounds so interesting and you seem to get about quite a bit but just what does IT stand for? i'm not very computer savvy and i know that you work in that field but i've never known what it stood for

Kirsty, hope you feel better soon BBL
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:16 AM   #47  

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY there you go cat i even asked hubby to make sure
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:17 AM   #48  

hey now i think of it VEGGIE where are you dont worry us like this come back
kirsty
Old 05-05-2004, 12:37 PM   #49  

I gone nowhere. Been for walk though (still sunny here sigh)

My Mam thought I.T on her sw leaflet meant information technology (it did confuse me for while as well) I had to tell her it meant Image Therapy (the name of the boring bit where you sit about) It said 'tell your consultant if you are going to miss a class in IT'
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:49 PM   #50  
Theres no stopping me now

Am really enjoying my job at the moment. I am in charge of a team of techies who know all about computers and networks and other geeky things like that. These days though we tend to call ourselves ICT (information and communication technology!!!) instead of IT.

Am off to galashiels tomorrow. It has been so long since i have been there I will probably get lost in the one way system and then remember that I don't really need to go into the one way system if I turn off sharply as soon as i get into the town. Funny how I always remember that once I am past teh junction !!!!!

Anyway. tonight I get myself back on the straight and narrow. Am not looking forward to it, but am trying to focus on how good it will be next wednesday when the gained weight has gone.
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:20 PM   #51  

sal theres a new bypass now and dont knock those techie dudes im married to one and they are quite nice if you manage to get them to talk about anything except computers glad your here veggie it felt weird without you and now the rain has stopped its nice here too thats the problem high humidity aint good for the dodgy bones it rains then the sun comes out and makes it all humid and then it rains again
kirsty
Old 05-05-2004, 02:32 PM   #52  

must remember everything i wanted to say at the same time i have just found out that my youngest son has been getting bullied for a couple of weks now and i am absolutly fizzing so i called the school and am going in tomorrow to see the head and if she doesnt deal with it this time {conner has told her twice this has been happening }then im going to let the big yin deal with it like he wanted to do this afternoon he gets a half day on a wednesday and was here when conner came in crying and i nearly had to sit on him to keep him in the house i guess its only him thats allowed to hit him so i just might end up getting flung out the school tomorrow as im not a happy bunny at all
kirsty
Old 05-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #53  
Theres no stopping me now

Bullying - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHH

Personally I tell my two to hit back, but not to hit first. If someone hits them I think they should wallop them straight back, as it's the only way to stop them. The schools though have a different theory, they have to go tell and where does that end up, exactly where you are now, with nothing having been done as the school don't see th eproblem. No fun. So far we have escaped being bullied or even worse being the bully. Good luck for tomorrow.

Well the weigh in is over and I have survived it and have promised to lose the extra 1.5lbs by this time next week. Time to put my serious hat back on and get down to some brass tracks to lose some of the weight.

I suppose I used to be one of those techie dudes myself and when handled right we are absolutely lovely. my skills have dropped a bit though in the last few months as I'm not as hands on anymore - need to sign up to a few courses just to get back in the swing of it all.

Need to go get my two washed, the pair of them have been in the burn again, why can't they just stay away from it - don't bother to answer that one i know alredy it is because they are boys
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:39 PM   #54  

hey wait till they get to the same age as mine then they wont go near water at all unless forced i mean it might mess up there hair
kirsty
Old 05-05-2004, 07:36 PM   #55  

I got some passport photos took today as I had some done in March and I wanted to see if there was any difference. I think my face looks thinner Made me happy as I have a lot to lose you can't really tell I've lost 2 stone. Roll on next 2 stone gone
Old 05-05-2004, 07:41 PM   #56  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,

I GOT THE JOB what a load of messing for a minimum wage job tho' she wants character references, work references and a criminal record check if i want to use the till i have to go in on friday for 2 hours just for an induction course and to have my mugshot taken to wear on a badge then i think i start on Sunday but she's not sure about that as she has to check with the general manager first she said i start at 6am on Sunday because everything has got to be ready in time for the store opening at 9am then she said "maybe we should start at 5am to make sure its all done in time" and i thought 6am was early enough it will take me a while to get used to those hours

Kirsty, let the big yin at 'em i hate bullying and was a victim of it myself at school and its something that sticks with you for life, i can still remember that girl and her name and many a time think to myself "i'd knock her f-ing block off if she ever tried it now" I just love the term "absolutely fizzing" and think i'll adopt it from now on

Carol, 1.5lbs was'nt bad at all and you'll have it off and more next week
Old 05-05-2004, 07:46 PM   #57  

Well done Cathy but god the photo badge, induction and all the references remind me of my nightmare call centre time I'm sure your job will be just fine though
Old 05-05-2004, 07:53 PM   #58  
Gym'll fix it!!

Thanks Veggie i hope it does'nt turn out to be a nightmare tho'
Old 05-05-2004, 07:56 PM   #59  

if you can get out of bed for it !!!!! good for you cat and you have to go through that polava cause of the controlled substances they stock if you arent sure of them just ask us im sure me and teel have had them all glad you got it
kirsty
Old 05-05-2004, 08:03 PM   #60  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats Cathy. Well done. Believe me luv, you'll soon get used to the early hours. The other girlies back on jolly ol' Blighty were all talking about what time they get up, seven o'clock or something I think they say? Me, I'm up at six every morning during the week as the kids have to be out the door by seven for school so for some strange reason I wake up at 5.45 or six on the weekends too. PAH! Seven sounds like a delicious lay in
Have prob put my pound lost back on, have been a piggy tonight with dinner...someone come and hit me with their rolling pin please. I'll take all the whacks I need, thanks
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote