UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-26-2004, 06:46 PM   #226  

i have i bought my son the box ste on dvd for his christmas i only bought it because the first time my sister in law watcheed it at my house she had to be sedated for two days so she doesnt come to visit much now !!! wonder why were all horror feinds in this house well me and the kids are hubbys a wuss spent the whole time at the cinema when we went to see van helsing laughing at him getting a fright at the jumpy bits he said im not allowed to go again TEEL mums fine where at the hospital today she s going for a barium meal they think its scar tissue thats causing the problem so while she was there i went and donated some of my red stuff they let the new ones practice on me cause you just need to chuck the needle and stand by with the bucket to catch it the man in the bed next to me asked the nurse if i wasnt going to have my local anaesthetic could he have it and he wasnt amused when i came in after him and left before him so the nurse told him if he wasnt so stingy with his blood hed be gone by now too anyway im knacked had the dogs out for three hours tonight they badly needed a real big walk but im paying for it now really sore hey i wonder if giving blood will make me weigh less tomorrow you never know
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:51 PM   #227  

carol ive just gone on weigh in to see how you got on you better have went or it will be rolling pins for you lady
kirsty
Old 05-26-2004, 06:54 PM   #228  

I'd be too scared not to go Kirsty would shout at me
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 06:01 AM   #229  

Now I have to confess that I have not got the foggiest idea what you lot are going on about...or rather, who?!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:25 AM   #230  

Did you manage to miss the millions of Nightmare on Elm St films and spin offs then?
Old 05-27-2004, 10:59 AM   #231  

good luck tonight veggie and ill let you know how i get on
kirsty
Old 05-27-2004, 11:02 AM   #232  

Hurrah it's weigh in day when I have chips and wine

Good luck Kirsty
Old 05-27-2004, 11:52 AM   #233  

Ah now at least I know what you are talking about! NO I managed not to watch them...I am a big cowardly custard at heart...give me romance or a tear jerker any day!!!
How is everybody doing??
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:55 PM   #234  

Argh last few days I have eaten over 1500 kcals 1585, 1332, 1689, 1713, 1824
I'm feeling that "oh I don't really care" sort of a phase coming on I was really getting into exercise and now I just wanna eat chocolate and watch TV

Still, I've had so many firsts in the last few weeks, first time I've stuck at a diet over a fortnight, first time I've lost more than 4lb, first time I've been under 11st in over a year. First time I've done exercise every day for 10 days (messed that up yesterday but got a small amount in today). I suppose this will have the be the first time I've really effed up and tried again!! Reading the forums I see people manage it all the time and I know a lot of you have Still ur all ace he he
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:56 AM   #235  
on my way down!

I am doing good thanks, have been doing my new running excersize programme for the past 3 days and am building it up slowley...feel good about that! Stayed steady with my weight last week...no loss no gain but im hoping that i will have some loss to announce next wedensday!
Toryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:28 AM   #236  

Don't stress about going over 1500 cals Dill some days you will eat more some you will eat less. Maybe good to set yourself a max cal amount (1800 or 2000 say) for days you want to eat more.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #237  
Theres no stopping me now

Have had a horrible week food wise. Feel like it is getting out of control, yet again. Most of the eating this week has been stress related due to that dreaded exam, I got 55 out of 75 so feel deservedly chuffed with myself.

Have been thinking more and more about my diet, and decided i need to stop thinking about it and do something about it instead. Have no idea what I am going to do, enjoyed my short time with SW but not sure I could keep it up forever, WW though more restricting allows me to have my meat and potatoes. I need to do some serious thinking and get myself sorted out.

Ladies I need your advice, I am really struggling with my weight, although other things are going really well, got a really good reveiw at work and am enjoying my new job, but that is only one part of my life. Besides that I am feeling a bit flat. Feels like everyone else in my house has a hobby, every weekend they are all dashing off doing something, gliding, climbing, karate and I'm just left sitting on the side lines - watching.

I know I need to get off my butt and just do something. But what do I want to do. Seems I am unable to make a decision regarding myself. But if I need to make a choice for someone else I can do it in 2 seconds flat with no hesitation. I seem to remember someone else was feeling like this a few months ago. Well I am well and truly stuck in the rut at the moment.

I came home from work all chuffed because I got an exceptional for my performance review, no one gets exceptional, but this year I did. And my lovely man was more interested in telling me all about the course he had been on today instead of being pleased with me. No doubt when it comes to spending the money on the bathroom, he will be more enthusiastic. I would love to take the money and selfishly spend it all on myself, but we have been scrimping and saving to get enough money to do the bathroom for months and haven't got anywhere, at least now we can get it done before the wall falls down and we the worlds first en-suite kitchen.

Any way chickies I am in a rut. I need to pull myself out of it, as I seem to be sinking further and further into it.

All suggestions appreciated. I know that I need to say 'stuff it' when my lot need something, they are all quite capable of looking after themselves, the boys have recently become more and more independent. I think this may be part of the problem, as young as they are I have lost a big part of my mother hen job and am now just the person who makes the dinners, washes the clothes and makes sure they eat a decent meal occasionally.

Time to go off and find myself. It isn't going to be easy or fun but I have to do it. Think Ray and Sean are going climbing in the morning, which means I am left with Steven. May just tell Steven he has no choice he has to go with his dad and I'll go for a swim, always relaxes me that.

I will cheer up honest.I will I will I will

Veggie - you all set for Big Brother. Heard Cameron on the radio this morning. He's going to be the BB correspndant for the breakfast show. last year they had a slogan Go Camy Go, which half of Central Scotland seemed to saying, whihc was really funny. Am hoping it's a bit more lively this year.

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 05-28-2004 at 01:56 PM.
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 01:58 PM   #238  
Theres no stopping me now

Sorry for the above monologue - sometimes though it is just easier to get these things off you chest
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:24 PM   #239  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Dill, those numbers are'nt so bad have you used a calorie counter to find out what your requirements are? i have and my RMR (resting metabolic rate) is 1333 cals but i don't rest all day so my "moving" one is around 1800 cals. The past 3 days cals were 1275, 1350, 1700 and i burned off 308, 378, 475 with exercise, not fantastic but i lost 2lbs i found a really funny calculator that told me if i keep losing at a certain rate i will weigh NOTHING in 1 year and so many months

Carol, you should be over the moon with your results so it looks like the battle of the bulge is getting you down to me i know what it feels like when you feel like you have no control but you HAVE you just have to start afresh put the past behind you and just do it easier said than done when you feel down eh? but you have to start taking care of you stuff the kids tell them I'M GOING SWIMMING or I'M GOING ON A BIKE RIDE its up to them if they want to go with you or not. I know what you mean about SW i got sick of weighing meat and potatoes out and there were'nt enough HE's for me i wanted to keep my syns for other things and i was starving on WW cos i don't like salads i did lose fast tho' you like most stuff don't you? why don't you give it another try

Well Done Tory stick with it you will show a loss.

I was supposed to be treadmilling while i watched Y & R and its been on half an hour so i'm off now and i'll be back to post on the exercise thread in a bit
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:57 PM   #240  

Hey Carol I just wanted to say well done on work and the exam! That's super.

dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote