UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-10-2004, 04:30 PM   #1  
Must Stay Motivated

Question What are you favourite (non-food) treats?

Have just had a lovely bubble bath. I have also been shopping today which I love. I treated myself to some new bras, trousers and t-shirt for the gym.

I have been pretty good about not buying too many clothes in the sales this year as I intend to lose weight and be a smaller size. I don't need to buy smaller clothes as I alrady have loads. At WW meetings they used to tell us that 7lb is an approx dress size, does anyone treat themselves to clothes when they lose 7lb?

I love going to the theatre and cinema. I go to the cinema quite a lot with my best friend. We used to go for a meal first but I have stopped that for a while until I get into the swing of things with my diet. Have booked tickets to see a couple of things at the theatre in the next few months too.

Once I got thinking about it I was surprised at how many treats I can have that are not food related. I go to the salong once a month too.

What is your favourite non-food treat? Do you like to have a bubble bath? Do you go to the salon? Perhaps you go to the theatre/cinema? Do you reward yourself in any way that does not involve food?

Do you treat yourself when you have lost a particular amount of weight?
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:07 PM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

I can't say that i have Super because i'm notorious for buying stuff anyway i don't need to have to be celebrating a weightloss. i've even been known to buy things too small (in the sales of course) for me to shrink into..it has'nt happened yet..well it has but i've gained that back and i did'nt reach goal which is a size 10 and i've got racks of clothes in 10's and 12's just waiting for me

I do like a bubble bath and we have a corner jacuzzi tub that i used to soak in lots but since we had a shower put in over it i hardly ever use it now..i used it a couple of times last week but i did'nt fill it and get the jets going i might just do that tomorrow might throw on a facepack too..will wait until hubby leaves tho'
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:06 AM   #3  
Must Stay Motivated

I also buy clothes in the sales to shrink into - lol. I would love a jacuzzi tub - you are so lucky. I must admith that I hardly ever have baths either. So much quicker to jump in the shower.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:06 PM   #4  
Theres no stopping me now

I like a hot bubble bath, listening to music and reading.

Like ot treat myself every few pounds, have found though that I don't go down a dress size for every 7lbs lost. I am trying not to buy many clothes at the moment either, I will be asize 16 by easter, am a 19 at the moment (depends on the make whether I need an 18 or a 20 so took an average)
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 04:02 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

I agree Carol..i don't think that losing 7lbs will take me down a dress size..i've never really thought about it before
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #6  
Must Stay Motivated

I think that by going down 7lb I will fit into the dress size I am wearing more comfortably - lol.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #7  

Definately the cinema. The one I go to does not have popcorn or other ghastly smelly food to put you off. I can see two films (which usually have a similar theme/actor in them for £5.50). Also just lately I have bought more videos and CD's. Always buying make up (one size fits all!!) and perfume.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #8  
Theres no stopping me now

I love a bath, or a walk in the country, looking at the sea, reading my book, listening to some music, talking to friends, jewelry and loads more
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #9  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default nothing

i don't reward myself at all for losses kinda harsh i know but i found that if i treat myself then i go off track. its turned into all or nothing for me now the only break i have from the slog of dieting is a trip to the rugby on saturdays' but that is kinda punishement for me cos i see people drinking there beer and eating there pasties mmmmm and i know i can't till i hit 15st. but when i hit 15st gonna treat myself with a lurrrrvverly mighty meaty form perfect pizza mmmmmm oh superwitch where in devon are you?
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:36 PM   #10  
Must Stay Motivated

Default Shoes and Handbags

A woman at work once told me that the reason that women buy so many handbags and shoes is that they never grow out of them (well hardly ever with shoes - lol).

I am in Torbay Si? Where in the UK are you from?
Old 01-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #11  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

sunny plymouth
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:35 PM   #12  
Must Stay Motivated

Not so sunny at the moment - lol. I am in Plymouth on Friday for a meeting. Got to travel there and back with my boss - fun - lol.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:24 PM   #13  
Must Stay Motivated

Music, there is a good one. If you buy something a bit more dancy you can lose weight with it too - lol. I have been buying a few clothes recently because I love all the black and pink that is in the shops at the moment. I am still sticking to buying the cheaper stuff though until I lose weight. When I get back into a 12 I will really treat myself - lol.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:35 PM   #14  

hey all with me its got to be pears soap the original brown see through stuff and make up you never grow out of lippie
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #15  
Must Stay Motivated

ooh, I love Pears soap. I treated myself to one a few months back just for old times sake. We only ever used to get it when we went on holday to Butlins - lol - it was a special treat. That and Pearl Drops toothpaste were things that we would take that we wouldn't normally buy - lol.