3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Please help me with my diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/315049-please-help-me-my-diet.html)

daveyboysenior 02-06-2018 09:54 PM

Please help me with my diet

Hello All,will try keep this short and sweet.
Im male,51 yrs, 95 kilos ( 220 pounds) 5 ft 3,stocky figure, quite active,my weight is classed as been obese.
I started my diet 1st December.i was 104 kilos.so I have lost 9 kilos. The worry I have is that my calorie intake is too low.I read online that this will make me lose muscle,my daily intake is 1200 calories,high protein, 3 litres of water.I was doing a 7 km run each morning which burned 700 calories, which would mean 500 calorie a day.The thing is,im eating 3 times a day, and I don't feel hungry.I wish to lose 1 kilo a week but by doing it correctly.My aim is to be 80 kilos by May.Any help much appreciated.

mjf 02-06-2018 11:00 PM

Most sources give 1200 as the minimum safe number of calories to eat per day. Some sources give a higher number for men like 1400 or 1500.

It depends on the person, so it's not really the same for everyone. If you're not hungry then 1200 is probably ok, but speaking to a nutritionist about it may be a good idea, if you're not sure if you're getting enough nutrients. Do you eat a lot of vegetables?

Yes, you will lose muscle if running is the only exercise you do. You can do weightlifting (in addition to the running) to avoid losing muscle. You might still lose a little muscle, but not as much. Keeping muscle is important because the more muscle you have, the faster you can burn fat.

Slimmer me 02-08-2018 01:36 PM

I’m not a doctor, and I don’t even play one on TV, but I think you’re safe if you eat 1,200 to 1,400 calories a day IF the calories are high in protein, moderate in good fat, and high in micronutrients (i.e. vegetables).

hummingbird lady 02-08-2018 01:56 PM

I have read that 2,000 calories is basically what most men need to keep their metabolism okay, because your higher ratio of muscle (esp if you're working out) burns calories in a resting state. If your body tips into a place where it thinks you're in a calorie deprivation state, it will NOT let weight go. If I were you I would add in more good fats and cut down on grain-based carbs and see what happens. Good fats include olives, olive oil, coconut cream/oil, nuts, seeds, grass fed butter or ghee... This signals your body that all is well in the food supply world, and it doesn't need to hold onto extra weight as a reserve. Good luck!

Slimmer me 02-08-2018 06:22 PM

2,000 calories a day is probably about what a fairly sedentary man needs to cover his calorie requirements for a day. Absent the running, you won’t lose weight on 2,000 calories a day.
If you want to lose a kilo a week, you need to have a significant calorie deficit; approximately 1,000 calories fewer per day than you are burning in. The calorie deficit will cause your body to start burning fat to make up the 1,000 calories not coming in via the diet.
When calories are reduced to 1,200 per day, it is important they are super nutritious calories- protein, good fats, and vegetables.

dave12 06-22-2018 03:16 PM

2000 calories per day making me fat

mjf 06-22-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave12 (Post 5362235)
2000 calories per day making me fat

It may be because you're eating the wrong foods. Healthy foods tend to be more filling, so you'll be less likely to overeat. What foods are you eating?

Saifullah 06-24-2018 07:25 PM

I think you should eat that foods which are healthy and cause weight loss like green vegetables, fish, meat, boiled chicken etc. You should not go for a caloric deficit always go for surplus.

priyaaurora 05-16-2019 08:21 AM

I don't know if you are ok with Keto diet or not. I have lost a lot of weight after my kids being on Keto diet. It helps to lose weight faster. You could check with Keto nutritionist near you.

gonler 07-12-2019 05:04 AM

Continue. Try go to Gym :)

zoku 07-30-2019 08:18 AM

Keep working on gym mate.

JohnM 02-12-2020 09:20 AM

Firstly, your maintenance calories are around 2100 per day, assuming you're not working as a postman or a labourer or something. So anything less than that will result in weight loss... (for your target of losing 1kg/week you'd need to be on around 1000 calories à day (excluding exercise))

If you're only doing (fairly intensive) cardio, and your calories being low, there's a chance that muscle mass is suffering as that tissue is easier to convert more quickly than fat, if you're enjoying it, then keep going, but consider adding some resistance work in there (weights, bodyweight exercise) just to preserve muscle mass and keep your protein intake to 1-2g per kilo of bodyweight per day).

Keep going. Being consistent is the key

Good luck.

yapaxol754 03-07-2020 01:41 PM

By eating a fibre-rich diet
Brisk walking for 45 mnts every day
Drinking plenty of water
Sleeping well
Avoiding fast food and stress eating.
These are some of the easiest ways to lose weight.

narendra30 03-30-2020 06:33 PM

lose weight

Drinking plenty of water
Sleeping well
Avoiding fast food and stress eating.
These are some of the easiest ways to lose weight.
break your meal in 5 portions of 2 hours intervel

skinnychic43 03-30-2020 11:19 PM

Love it!!