UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #1  

Default Hi Everyone

Hi,

I’m 26 and new to the site, I’m looking for a bit of support on my weight loss journey!

I am morbidly obese for my height (5’6, 19 stone) and I know that I have a lot to lose. I have always struggled with my weight however 3 years ago I weighed 11 stone so I have gained 9 stone in three years.

This morning I got in a taxi and the driver asked me when the baby was due and when I said I wasn’t expecting, he said I was on the plump side and needed to get to a gym. I know I have a long way to go losing weight, I’ve lost a stone but have so much further to go. It made me feel awful having him say it and I’ve been crying all morning over it. I know I have no right to be upset as what he said is entirely true, plump is putting it lightly but it still really hurt me.

Sorry for the long post, I just had to tell someone about it as I’m too ashamed to tell anyone face to face.

Becky
Becky1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Welcome! We're a pretty supportive bunch here. And good gracious, what a rude driver!! I'm so sorry he said that to you... what a hurtful thing to say.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:29 AM   #3  

Welcome Becky
LauraD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #4  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky1991 View Post
Hi,

I’m 26 and new to the site, I’m looking for a bit of support on my weight loss journey!

I am morbidly obese for my height (5’6, 19 stone) and I know that I have a lot to lose. I have always struggled with my weight however 3 years ago I weighed 11 stone so I have gained 9 stone in three years.

This morning I got in a taxi and the driver asked me when the baby was due and when I said I wasn’t expecting, he said I was on the plump side and needed to get to a gym. I know I have a long way to go losing weight, I’ve lost a stone but have so much further to go. It made me feel awful having him say it and I’ve been crying all morning over it. I know I have no right to be upset as what he said is entirely true, plump is putting it lightly but it still really hurt me.

Sorry for the long post, I just had to tell someone about it as I’m too ashamed to tell anyone face to face.

Becky
Hi Becky!

Sorry to hear about the taxi driver situation, but don't let yourself down.
Don't let someone's negativity to touch the sore spot of you.
The only thing that matters is, that you don't have to care, what the others are thinking or talking about you, but what you think of yourself. Dr. Hans Selye
Even the Bible says that "forgive the others the way you want they forgive it to you." So, I recommend to forgive the taxi driver and get to your aim to lose weight.
The most powerful motivation is belief.
I believe, that if you eat everything in little amounts and burn the calories, you have eaten in a day, you can lose weight naturally and your body is not going to strike or react as a "yo-yo effect."
I recommend you to walk every day 30-45 minutes, at a speed, that you can talk to someone while you're walking and your heart rate must be normal.
NB! Don't forget the rule, that it is not good to eat right away after the physical activity because then your body is taking the energy from your body fat and you can lose weight. Otherwise, your weight doesn't change.

GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT!
F. Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote