UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:49 PM   #1  

Default Help!!!

Hello, I'm completley new to this kind of thing..

I'm struggling to lose weight and have done for a while. I'm two weeks short of 18 and I know I'm too young to be having problems with weight but I'm 5ft 3 and just weighed 15 stone and a half! I have a past of not eating meals and starving myself but working out and I lost everything then I started putting it all back on and I couldn't find a happy balance where I could be eating healthy and working out at an appropriate level!

Anyone with tips and help I would truly appreciate it! Need to kick my *** in to gear as soon as!
MadamSleepAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi MadamSleepsAlot. I wish I was better at the metric system and didn't have to rely on my converter to convert stones to pounds. LOL It's good that you have chosen to make some changes at a young age. It's easier to lose weight when you're young. I think now you realize that it's not a good idea to starve yourself for weight loss, because you can't do that forever, and when you go back to eating, you gain it all back. It's much better to find an eating plan you can stick to your whole life, because once you gain, you will never lose that tendency, unfortunately. Make a meal plan for yourself and be sure to be eating healthy food that has a lot of nutritional value. The more nutrition your body gets, the better it works. It might be slower, but it's lasting.

And at your age, you SHOULD be getting lots of sleep. LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

There's a great cluster of weight loss diets out there. I guess it boils down to your self discipline and understanding the biology of weight loss. I personally use the calorie counting method to keep myself accountable. There are lots of apps.......all you need is a scale (best accuracy) and there's some websites on how many calories are in XXX Grams of XXX food. You're young so it will be easier for you once you know how much your eating. There's calculators online to see how many calories you should be eating to lose weight safely...I'm guessing around 1500 per day for you...But look it up for sure. In order to lose 1 lb of fat you must reach a deficit of 3500 calories. So by logic, if you burned 2000 calories a day just living life you would want to cut out 500 per day (1500 calories intake per day). In 7 days you would lose 1 pound. Keep in mind you should eat high protein and nutrient dense foods...cut out high carb items as they tend to be calorie hogs. You can indulge, but the higher the calories the smaller the portion you'll get. Try not to drop below 1200 calories a day or you won't get enough nutrients and your body can backfire by breaking down your muscle to feed itself. Keep track of everything. If you occasionally have to estimate... overestimate on food, underestimate on exercise. Just remember that it takes time like all healthy weight loss. I think by calorie counting it really opens up people's eyes about portions and calorie density. Good luck...and check out the calorie counters section for more advice!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 236 / 226 / 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamSleepAlot View Post
I have a past of not eating meals and starving myself but working out and I lost everything then I started putting it all back on and I couldn't find a happy balance where I could be eating healthy and working out at an appropriate level!
You're not alone!

I think most people's experience is exactly that.

Diet and lose weight. Put it all back on. Rinse, repeat!

And yes, that's exactly been my experience too. So instead I'm trying to adopt healthy habits. Developing a liking for fruits and veggies I turned my nose up at in the past. Having soup regularly. Chewing more thoroughly. etc. etc.

Things that will stick with me my whole life, not just for a few weeks when I'm on a diet.

I've also found occasional fasting works to help break me out of bad habits. I don't mean the 5:2 diet, I mean proper water fasting.

I hope some of this helps you!
AlfredLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote