UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 15st

Height: 5ft 4ins

Default Not Newbie exactly

Hi I have been on here before loads of times in various peacock guises!!!. I even posted a few recipes.

Having been to the Dr's recently and changed my meds (Diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol etc) I was pleased to see that one of the side effects is loss of appetite!

It so happens if I have lunch I do not fancy dinner! However tonight I am trying one of Sarah's recipes (I think it was one of her's anyway) The sweet potato gratin one as I have a bit of yogurt to use up as going to stay with my aunt a few days and have to use stuff up.

I am not with any diet club but an old had at Slimming World and also want to combine it with the 5:2 thingy. I don't think it will harm me with the diabetes because I will not be doing only one meal on those days (which some people do. I believe that way will spilke my blood glucose so am trying to be sensible about it

Hi to everyone anyway.
Lady Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:39 AM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello and Welcome back again

Sometimes when it comes to meds or medical issues, its all about getting the ducks in the correct row before knowing its the best time to start losing weight. I am a firm believer of taking the best parts of all the diets I have ever been on and creating the best one for me. I now work off of calorie control and Macros, which is making sure that I am bringing in the correct types of food to fuel my body. It has taken me years though to get into a situation where I have the right knowledge for it, but I had to bring it all together to make it work. The main thing that helped me at the beginning was getting into the right mental state. I was stressing out about everything, but once I let that go..... sorted out a few things and cleared the air with some family members, I felt unstopable.

I stopped making unrealistic targets, I stopped thinking I could lose 154lbs in a year because I don't have Chris Powell helping me out. 1lb a week which is 3500 calories! For me it was BURN IT OR DONT EAT IT, very simple, either way I would lose 1lb a week. So far I have lost 37.4lbs I am running a little behind with 5lbs extra, but I'm not stressing about it, I am just going to burn or eat less calories to up the anti to catch up

I wish you all the best
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote