UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/162/120

Height: 5'3

Default Newbie trying for success again!

Hi everyone!
I'm a 25 y/o woman trying to restart my healthy life. 3 years ago I managed to loose 2 stone and was at a weight I was so happy with after years of being over weight. Then I moved up to Glasgow and found I was having so much fun that I totally stopped looking after myself. I have recently just moved into my new flat with my lovely boyfriend and I want to get to a happy and sustainable weight and finally ditch the extra 50lbs I'm currently hefting around.

I have bad eczema that I currently have to control with immunosuppressants I'm hoping that ditching the weight will help me control my condition without medication

Any support and advice for a second round newbie will be massively appreciated! Sorry for the essay 😊
lilypad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey!

Welcome! Sadly Glasgow can do that to a person lol. I moved to Shawlands for uni last August-May this year. I ate soo healthy, I went to the gym 2/3/4 times a week, my top floor flat was on the top of a hill and I would fall through the door gasping for a breath lol, so I was pretty active. I worked off my takeout calories (because DImaggios are on Justeat and that shouldn't be aloud).

I never lost a pound, I never gained I just stayed the same lol.

Do you use my fitness pal?
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/162/120

Height: 5'3

Hi scotsgal!
I've just started using it so hopefully being able to track everything will help massively! I'm also going to start going to the gym since there is one just down my road 😊 I do yoga now but I'm not sure what sort of cardio/strength workouts to compliment it.
lilypad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/167/130

Height: 5'6''

Welcome I went to Glasgow for a business trip a few months ago, lovely city, but the food was tempting! One of my co-workers had a deep-fried pizza for lunch! (I couldn't manage that lol). Making food changes and being active is a great start, once you start it, you will feel so great that it will just continue. I started going to my local gym and love all the classes

You will do great!
motivated1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #5  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Myfitnesspal is a great place to start learning about food, which ones are high in calories and stuff like that. Glasgow (depending on if you are still there and what area you live) is actually quite good for finding fresh produce and healthy takeaway options if you live a fast paced lifestyle. If you enjoy swimming, that would compliment yoga quite well. If not, then any treadmill/ stationary bike/ strider will work well in comparison for cardio (I wouldn't suggest running in the dark around Glasgow in winter unless you know you can lol). I used to walk around Queens Park which burned off some good calories for me in Autumn and spring, but I would never of walked in the dark lol so that meant I could only walk during the day.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote