3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Accountability Partner Wanted (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/310808-accountability-partner-wanted.html)

dmrix 08-21-2016 01:29 PM

Accountability Partner Wanted

Hi,
I'm 42, live in Swansea and need to lose 75lbs. I'd love to get in touch with someone who needs to lose about the same for a bit of mutual support. I'm a nurse, have problems with my back but try to get to the gym a couple of times a week.
D x

EMERALDberry 08-21-2016 05:34 PM

Hello dmrix. I used to live near Swansea, MA. Don't know if thats the state you are from. My oldest brother lives in Tiverton, RI not far from there. I have another 75ish to lose. I too have back issues from time to time with my sciatic nerve. Sometimes it hinders my ability to go to the gym. Are you doing a specific plan? I am doing the original WW points plan. Will complete my 5th week tomorrow. Currently am down 14.8 lbs.

dmrix 08-22-2016 03:16 AM

Hi Emerald, great to hear from you. I'm in the UK so a different Swansea, not that it matters!
I went to my GP last week as I was having so much bone and joint pain, I thought there was a problem with my HRT! She suggested I tried Orlistat to help me lose weight so I've gone from a high fat, low carb diet to low fat, low carb. Lost 4lbs since Tuesday so just need to keep on with it. I enjoy going to the gym but haven't for a few weeks because of the pain I've been in. Think I have to work through it though!
Well done on your weight loss so far, that's amazing! I get Weight Watchers magazine for meal inspiration, always nice to have new ideas.
Be great to keep in touch and boost one another one.
Dani x

EMERALDberry 08-22-2016 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmrix (Post 5275939)
Hi Emerald, great to hear from you. I'm in the UK so a different Swansea, not that it matters!
I went to my GP last week as I was having so much bone and joint pain

I have been in menopause for about 5 years and have had pain in both hips. It has scared me a bit, but I do not like going to doctors. I have read some things online about it being one of the side effects of menopause.

We lived in Europe for a while in the country of Latvia. We were doing missionary work there and absolutely loved the people! We are hoping to return there soon.

Best wishes on your low carb plan. We have to be able to function and feel good in our bodies as we grow older. :D

dmrix 08-22-2016 02:19 PM

I'm only 42 but had an ovary taken out with a cancer scare 8 years ago. Had a hysterectomy after period probs 18 months ago and because I had lots of gynae ops in between, I had the other ovary taken too. No other probs apart from bone pain

Scotsgal 08-24-2016 09:51 AM

dmrix Hay! I have about 100 lbs or so to go, I am here if you feel you would like a buddy to chat with. I am 27 and living in Scotland :D So we can buy the same kind of stuff from our local food shops.

I have lost 25lbs so far, I also cant always go to the gym due to pains. I have lateral and medial epicondylitis in both elbow joints from years of drumming, some mornings I am fine, no need for pain killers and can go well in the gym, some days I can barely lift a cup. Each day is different.

showeverything1 09-21-2016 03:30 AM

I also need to lose around the same amount of weight but i dont live there

Noodles85sue 09-21-2016 06:20 AM

I live in Essex bit far I've lost 140lb so far 28 to go good luck with your journey watch that back one of worst pain... I am registered blind and half deaf but manage bit exercise gym a BT dodgy though because of quupment

WildRockJumper 12-30-2016 07:55 AM

Have a look at the support forum on here and see if there is anyone in your area, you have to be very careful with regards to your back though, have you been to the doctor ? was it an injury or did it just develop by itself ? Depending on the nature, you will have to make sure you are certified to do certain exercises that will not aggravate the back problem.

mountain walker 01-03-2017 10:37 AM

Hiya....I live near Swansea....how are you getting on?
I have just come back on here after a long break for many reasons! Hope your back isn't too problematical at the moment.
Donna