UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 12:46 PM   #1  
Theres no stopping me now

Default Hello from lots of fat chicks in England 18

Thought I'd start a new general thread.

Have had a great holiday am back all motivated and raring to go, watch this space for me turning into the incredible shrinking woman.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Carol,
Glad to hear you had a great holiday. I feel like I'm having a holiday here while my friends are staying with us all the way from good ol' Blighty. I have eaten too much yummy cadbury's and indulged in some foods that I've offered them which I usually stay away from but just became a porker and joined them....oink oink!
I got all back on track again yesterday though and then blew it all at a BBQ when I succumbed to a nice peice of cream cheese chocolate cake. Still, I AM back on track today and have sent Dave out for loads of fresh veggies so I'll fill myself up on them and not let the oink oinks get to me.
Cathy, have a great time at home and if you don't get to pop in here while you're over there, enjoy and tell us all about it when you get back.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Take care
Old 08-04-2003, 03:42 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone the sun is shining I'm up bright and early and I'm raring to go (gawd knows where like!!!!) Although I'm dead positive at the moment I'm just wondering what I'll be like when I eventually return to work (urgh that word!) It's been relatively easy going to the gym/swimming as I can go when I feel like it but the crunch will come - lets hope I'm able to rise to the challenge

Welcome back from your holiday Carol where did you go? We have a small VW camper van that we tour all over and hopefully we'll be getting a week's break towards the end of August. Did a week on the Northumberland coast at the end of June - superb!

Right I'm going out with the dog before it gets too hot for him and then come back and potter.

Speak to all later

Yo yo Dee
Old 08-04-2003, 07:18 AM   #4  

Was in Aviemore, was briollant. I love the northumberland coast, especially with a bit of sunshine.

Back to work this morning never mind, have viruses on PCs and backup problems, so it really feels like I've never been away. Need to go to glasgow now for a meeting, this day is just getting better and better.

Eating is very good, exercise non existant
Old 08-05-2003, 08:35 AM   #5  

Am still being an angel, am trying to stick to 20 points until Friday, to counter balance some of the over eating I did over the last couple of weeks.

I feel so motivated at the moment, I am have 8 weeks until I have been back at weight watchers for a year and I am determined to be inthe 13 stones somethign by then.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #6  

20 points you are an angel >> 4th week on ww
Old 08-06-2003, 08:06 AM   #7  

Didin't manage it last night veggie, went baack to 24 - which is what I should be eating, am just trying to balance out the over eat on holiday.

How are you finding WW
Old 08-06-2003, 04:55 PM   #8  

I'm finding it fine ta. Even the days when I "forgot" (haha) to track I can't bring myself to eat high fat stuff

I can always find it in me to drink lots of white wine though
Old 08-07-2003, 07:25 AM   #9  

funny that about the wine, has the same affect on me. I'm sure because you can see through it, it means it is calorie and fat free. If only.

Am trying to avoid the booze at the moment, on a very healthly kick.

TOM sneaked up on me this morning, hopefuly that will help the weight move in the right direction next week. Could also explain why I ate a whole box of WW coconut bars last night, all counted. At least it wasn't real chocolate full fat chocolate.

Is another lovely sunny day in Scotland, off to catch a few Rays and get some exercise by strolling into town, for school bags, pencil cases, etc. Only 12 more days until the schools go back.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:06 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiling Sal
Only 12 more days until the schools go back. [/B]
Gosh, the schools in Scotland seem to have a very differant holiday timetable to us lot down south of Hadrian's Wall!The holiday dates here vary from county to county but I don't think any of them go anywhere near a school until September when those of us who have hidden indoors for six weeks feel it is safe to venture out on the streets again...
I am pleased to read that you had a great holiday, Carol...I have visited Aviemore only once and that was whilst passing through on the train on the way to Nairn.It was fantastic to see so much snow on the peaks even in the middle of summer...I must hunt out those old photos of my holiday in Scotland and the trip up the Cairngorms....bring back some memories!!

Why do I feel hungrier when the weather gets hotter? Does anyone else feel this or is it just me being nuttier than usual??
Old 08-09-2003, 09:09 AM   #11  
on my way down!

Afternoon all Glad it is saturday...i was really in need of the weekend this week...think it must have been the heat
Old 08-09-2003, 12:40 PM   #12  

Very hot in Scotland again - yipeeeeeeeeee

Schools finish up here at the end of june for the holidays, they'll have been off for 7 weeks and 1 day by the time they go back - heeps long enough.

Am having a great day, just been relaxing doing nothing much
Old 08-13-2003, 11:06 PM   #13  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello girlies,
Gosh, look at all our new members who have popped up since I've been to busy with my friends visiting me here to get one line. Welcome, welcome one and all, so nice to see new people and of course all our old faithfuls.
I am pleased to say I've had a wonderful two week and a bit visit with my long time friend and her three boys. The weather seemed to be against us for quite a few days while she was here, not cold, just extremely wet and stormy, but we didn't let it stop us doing what we'd planned and a great time was had by all. She bought loads of cadburys over and I have treated myself to some every evening and of course my kids were in the fridge every ten minutes! I have plenty of tea bags and tonight they departed back to jolly ol' England and I miss them already. But I'll be ok cos my Mum and her 'man' arrive tomorrow so I'll not be in the doldrums and feeling homesick for long.
If I don't get in here much while Mum's here, hope you all do well on plan. I have stayed the same weight this week which is plaesing after my FOUR pound gain last week................agh!! And I hope to hopefully lose and if I can't do that once I empty Mum's goodie case, if I maintain, life will be ok too.
Right am off to my pit now, it's late and I have a busy day getting ready for Mum tomorrow afternoon........take care all.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:34 AM   #14  
on my way down!

Glad you had a great time and congrats on the 4lbs loss!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 12:35 PM   #15  

Hi to all, yo yo dee I like your new avatar!!
Sorry to have not been around for a good few days but my virus scanner kept finding a winblast32 virus and the puter kept crashing ....good work scanner but four times...Four times!! Seems ok today though
As some of you will have read, I have been waiting months for a tribunal to appeal to have my benefits reinstated...and now it is on Monday...MONDAY!!!I am so scared witless I am a gibbering wreck.. and I cannot wait to be able to say it is all finished..as long as the decision goes the way I want it too...I feel like I am Mahammed facing the mountain! ( where does that saying originate from?)

But the better news I have posted on the weigh-in thread12...so you will just have to lurk round there!!

Talk to you soon..oh,britinNJ have a fab time with the visitors....
Closed Thread