3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   "Things" on toast! Ideas please! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/298444-things-toast-ideas-please.html)

Rechyl 04-17-2015 01:10 PM

dairylea light, tomatoes and a little salt

nowtnewunderthesun 04-18-2015 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmurphtang (Post 5112310)
Ooo toast! What is really like to have is "fried" mushrooms and garlic or "fried" spinach and garlic. Cook them in a frying pan but without oil (use a squirt of cooking spray if your non stick pan doesn't work). Garlic is super good for you and delicious. I always add chilli seeds and pepper too but I like my food spicy!

I agree. "Fried" mushrooms on toast are so yummy. Also you can get a big field mushroom and grill it. Put this on the toast and then a poached egg on top of the mushroom with some salt and pepper. Yum.

nowtnewunderthesun 04-18-2015 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franola (Post 5136163)
Slice some Brussels sprouts and green onions with malt vinegar for a topping. :p

Wow that sounds sooooo yummy. I would never have thought of this.

Esofia 04-18-2015 05:16 AM

I live near a couple of Chinese supermarkets which sell beautiful fresh tofu, nothing like the rubbery stuff you get in supermarkets or most health food shops. Mash some of that up with a bit of pesto and it's fabulous on toast. Or a bit of sundried tomato paste. Or a dab of olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and a bigger sprinkle of herbs (za'atar is great if you can get it).

What is this Weight Watchers Bread? I agree, it sounds suspect. And probably unsatisfying. I bought myself a nice little bread machine in August, £60 for the Lakeland one (takes up far less space on the worktop and makes an excellent sized loaf for one or two people), and now that I'm making my own sourdough (dead quick and easy, don't worry), I've found that it's so much more filling and sustaining than supermarket bread, not to mention delicious. I quite happily have just one slice of that for breakfast, whereas with other breads I'd need two slices. Much, much healthier, too, and the difference in flavour is unbelievable. It's not really sour, though it has more of a sourdough flavour when I leave the machine on delay timer overnight. Apparently sourdough is much better for your blood sugar, to the point that white sourdough beats wholemeal non-sourdough hands down.

healthyways 04-18-2015 11:00 AM

first to consider: if you are eating bread, what kind of bread? Most bread brands are loaded with sugar and additives! Get yourself freshly baked bread and freeze the slices. As for fillings: Hummus (good protein and fats), kale , spinach, rocket etc.. so greens! Tomatoes (even sun dried are a good variation at times). if you eat animal products just be careful what you use, most meats (like ham etc) are not healthy and have way too much saturated fats as well as chemicals.

a489409 05-15-2015 01:48 AM

I just wanted to comment on your baked beans.

Wannabehealthy 05-16-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calicofox (Post 5054076)
my favorite is a small pouch of tuna fish with lots of cucumber and onions for bulk. You feel so full after! it tastes fresh and delicious.

I'm just reading back over this thread and decided that I want to try this. It sounds so good and refreshing, but I will eat it as is instead of on toast. Bread raises my blood sugar.

shcirerf 05-17-2015 10:24 PM

When my Mom was doing WW back in the 70's!:dizzy: 1 slice of whole wheat bread, fresh blue berries, topped with cottage cheese, a dash of cinnamon, and broil it! It was yummy! Still is!

AshliRose 05-18-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauJayStar (Post 5135787)
1 table spoon of peanut butter and sliced banana....... very yummy also a great pre-workout snack :cb:

This is my favorite, but I use sunflower butter since I'm allergic to peanuts. Sometimes when I go camping we have this for breakfast: Grilled flatbread or english muffin, sunflower butter, sliced bananas, raisins & crumbled bacon. So delicious!