3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   400lbs - 2nd and last go (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/294136-400lbs-2nd-last-go.html)

Louisebose 03-25-2014 07:52 PM

400lbs - 2nd and last go

I won't go into a huge amount of detail as it's late and I've had a long day.

Basically:

I'm Louise, im 31 from wales. I have a partner and a 12 year old son. I have suffered with depression and social anxiety for many years that has only been satiated with food. 2 years ago I lost 50 lbs, then I got pregnant, had a miscarriage, various other personal and family issues happened and my weight crept back on.

Today we buried my grandfather. Tomorrow I am starting again. I can't waste my life anymore. I am moving forward and I need help!!

I hope to find support and encouragement here and will try to post daily, my food diary and thoughts etc.

1 day at a time.

I will weigh in the morning. Gulp!! Not looking forward to it but it's gotta be done!

dancinginpaint 03-25-2014 10:38 PM

I'm so sorry for your losses. I just wanted to say Welcome! I hope your time with us is nice and informative. :)

Louisebose 03-26-2014 03:58 AM

Thank you dancingpaint :)

I've woken up feeling very positive today. Since my grandad passed away last week I've eaten nothing but junk food! My body is craving water and fresh food so I'm going to raid the kitchen and see what I've got for some healthy meals.
Breakfast I do ok with, toast and beans or just toast, tea I can do easily with plenty of salad and veg but lunch I struggle :/
I don't always want a sandwich and I don't like too much faffing about in the kitchen as it's just for me. Tea is for the 3 of us so I don't mind making an effort.
Anyone have any ideas on quick filling lunches for me? Bear in mind I don't eat poultry or fish! And some ham I'm weird with! I'm on the verge of vegeism :)

I'm going to so a tesco food order today and get some nice healthy stuff in on Friday so my week goes well. I've got to make do this week with what we ready have and last week I could even walk around lidl without nearly crying so I shoved anything in the trolley!!

So here it is. Day 1.
If I could have a ticker I would but I'm not allowed one for 20 days I think :/ well hopefully after 20 days I'll have a good loss to add to it :)

Louisebose 03-26-2014 09:42 AM

Today's food:

Lunch:

Linda mcartney sausages x 2 in a sandwich (2xbread), bag of crisps and a choc.

Tea:

Moroccan pork mince and rice

Lunch not the healthiest but I had no breaky as I woke up late. I've downloaded a weight loss hypo app that I'm going to listen to every day. I'm also going to drink up to 8 glasses of water a day and not eat after 7.

I'm aiming for around 1500-1800 cals a day.

I will be weighing daily to enter my details in to a tracker app I have but will update weight officially here and on mfp weekly on a Wednesday morning.

Annita 03-26-2014 01:21 PM

What i want to say is with your weight you should eat more than 1500-1800 to be healthy losing. Quick fix isnt the way. And cutting too much calories for your whole body to function well is a quick fix imho.
Hope u have wonderful week.

Louisebose 03-26-2014 01:46 PM

I agree with you on that but I lost well in the past on that amount of cals. If I am allowed more cals then I will eat junk :/
I have no willpower! It's either 3 healthy meals or no diet unfortunately. I was losing 3-4lb a week for 6 months on that plan and then because of personal reasons it all went wrong.

It's sounds daft but I need to be be strict! I tried the uddd diet (5:2) but I just ate I much bad stuff on the up days because I could.

As I'm weighing on a Wednesday it's a nice chance for a treat midweek as my son stays at his grandads on a weds and me and my partner sometimes go out for a meal so on that day I don't read count cals.

Does that make sense? I know what works for me, I just have to be strong and not fall off if something bad happens.

Thank you for your post :) x

Louisebose 03-27-2014 08:28 AM

Today's food:

Lunch:

Linda mcartney sausage with beans on toast and 2 cheese slices. Worked out as 614 cals so lots for lunch! But I missed breakfast again.
I feel like I'm eating loads though :)

Tea will be roast pork with veg and gravy etc. looking forward to that!

Feeling so positive :)

journeytogoal 04-02-2014 11:04 PM

I am so proud of you!!!

It takes great courage to seek help. I am so sorry for all you have been through. I am so excited for this journey you have begun... Guess What!! I am confident you will reach your goal weight.... :-)

Louisebose 04-02-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeytogoal (Post 4976363)
It takes great courage to seek help. I am so sorry for all you have been through. I am so excited for this journey you have begun... Guess What!! I am confident you will reach your goal weight.... :-)

Thank you :)

I lost 5lb at weigh in today! Pleased with that :)

I haven't posted as I felt a bit like I was talking to myself lol but I've been beavering away. Here's to another good week!

Dollydimple 04-04-2014 05:48 AM

I know what you mean love! I felt there was tumbleweed blowing through this UK thread. It started off OK then I was talking to myself. I moved to the USA one and got far more interaction there, but that too has dwindled

But we aren't doing it to get praise, are we? We're doing it to get healthier. I too have had a bereavement (daughter aged 32 in 2010, we had been her carers and it left a huge painful hole in our lives ) I'm doing this for her. Let's keep in touch if you want.

Anonee_Moose 04-04-2014 07:19 AM

I lived in Edinburgh for a couple years, not sure if it qualifies me to post here... especially if that independence vote passes :P.
I just wanted to wish you luck and tell you that eating 1800 cal a day won't miraculously cause your body to cease functioning. All the literature indicates your body functions much, much better without the excess poison, almost from the day you start eating less.

Well meaning people without the facts will scare you with slogans they've adopted from Dr. Oz-like snake oil salesmen. Sounds like you mostly know this already, but in case anyone else reads this thread I just wanted real information to be what they came across.

I can relate to your post as I very recently lost my grandmother, take care!

doingmybest 04-05-2014 12:13 AM

Hi Louise:

I just want to give you hugs :hug: and tell you that I am very sorry for your losses and all of the difficulties that you have had to go through.

I commend you so much for taking care of yourself. We are all here to support you. My very best wishes are with you every day.

Shawk 04-05-2014 08:36 AM

Good Luck Louise bit by bit, just keep your eyes focused on the prize, what ever that looks like for you.

you can do it

LSM83 04-05-2014 01:59 PM

Thats amazing, massive congrats

Nunu27 04-15-2014 04:52 PM

new here so today was my first day :)

would really like to keep in touch with you louise... we can be in this together!

42 lbs to go