• Hello, thought I'd introduce myself.

I've let the weight creep on over the past few years and have now reached the stage where I'm so lethargic and lazy that I'm feeling almost overwhelmed by it all.

I want to lose 4-5 stone, which will get me back to my fighting weight. I want to be a size 12 again.

Hopefully, I'll get to know you all and will be able to stay on the diet and not get discouraged by losing and gaining the same 6lbs over and over.
  • hi welcome and congrats on startin ur journey!i know how u feel bout losing and gaining the same 6lbs..!i can b really good at stickin to my diet and then i can just start eating junk non stop-i have a problem with binge eating that seems to have gotten worse this yr,so im now tryin to stick to healthy foods to lose the xmas weight i gained-over 1 and 1/2 stones in 4weeks and 4inches on my waist...i start n do well and lose weight n inches then ruin my hard work by binge eatin,then back to square 1-over wknd i binged and i gained 6.2 lbs and 1.5inches on my waist-in 2days!terrible i know-i just eat for the sake of it and cant stop!anyway i have started again and determined to stick to it-fingers crossed the weight gain over last 2days will come off easy as it went on...good luck to u-i know i need it..lol :-)
  • Aww thanks for the welcome.

I know what you mean about the binging. Are we the same person? My biggest problem is crisps - I can't just have one bag or a few crisps or whatever, I need to have more. It's like an actual craving so I think its best to stay away from those for a while.

I also have a desk based job. I'm a computer programmer so I sit at my desk for hours just writing code and that means I don't make the healthiest choices - we all subsist on energy drinks, pizza and junk food because its fast and easy. So I need to start bringing in healthier lunches and taking some time out to go to the gym, or for a run or whatever.

Good luck with your weight loss. Hopefully we can encourage each other.