UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/164/126

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Weight Loss has always been a challenge...

When I was 18, I was a size 8 (sickening, I know!) and I was toned, and healthy. I'm now nearly 25, a size 14 and 165 pounds.... (nearly 12 stone) which is the heaviest I have EVER been. Granted the UK average is a 12-14 but I don't feel healthy and I know I need to make a change.

My main issue is staying motivated. Two weeks ago I was full of it, really sticking to a strict diet and only eating main meals (b'fast, lunch and dinner) and cutting out sugary foods. I lost 5 pounds which I was ecstatic about.
I then went to Barcelona for 4 days... I hate flying, so the day I left I just ate junk to suppress the horrible nervous feeling, and whilst I was out there I just ate and ate and ate!!

I am re-joining the gym this week but I am not telling my boyfriend or family because sometimes I feel they are not supportive and that causes me to just give up because I feel as if everyone is just judging me before I've even begun. I know my relationship with food has changed over the years and I definately eat to make myself feel better, but I just need to keep the motivation!

Ideally I would like to go down to 9 stone and I know it's a long process if you want to do it right. Does anyone have any tips to keep myself focussed and motivated? It would really be appreciated!! Thanks

Last edited by Missjupiter89; 01-30-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Missjupiter89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:39 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Motivation is a good thing.

However, what keeps you going, is the choice to be committed!

Day in and day out, the good, the bad, and the ugly! And to choose to keep on trying.

Some days will be good, some not so much.

The thing you have to do is quit making it a personal vendetta, roll with it, and learn as you go along.

While "A" might work for me, it might "bite" for you. So don't do it, find your "A"!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #3  

Visualisation is often a good way to keep motivated. Actually see yourself at your goal weight of 9 stone, believe and stay focused on your weight loss adventure. Another thing I must try and find it I have a book that says if you write down all the hours in the day then by doing this write down on a scale of one to ten how difficult it was and you write down different things to motivate you and keep to doing these things. If you personal message me. I am on facebook and belong to this law of attraction group and in march they start a thing on health and slimming. So this might help
lindabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #4  
diamondgeog

I personally used science this go around. Whereas before weight loss never worked, this time it's been better than ever and virtually effortless.

People freak when you say that and get defensive. And I totally understand. Because each time previous it was anything but effortless.

My problem turned out to be fast food, processed food, non-veggie carbs, INCLUDING whole wheat. I had to search the internet and I was shocked that whole wheat bread has a glycemic index of 70, more than regular soda and many candy bars.

Once I got rid of bread and pasta and then for me getting rid of all grains worked for me, my appetite went down tremendously. So yeah, it is virtually effortless for me. Now...A year ago I would have scoffed at this post.

I am not saying this works for everyone but whole food, plenty of veggies and saturated fat, no grains worked beyond my wildest dreams and is super easy to maintain for life because I have an abundance of healthy and delicious foods to choose from. I hate terms but I guess I am doing something like 'primal' not paleo because dairy is still a big part of my daily eating.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 02-28-2014 at 01:53 PM.