Please don't assume it's all related to your weight!

• Hi all, long time no speaky!
    I am back in the zone now after months of illness...... a house move..... an attempt at getting back to work....twice..... and a fairly major op 2 weeks ago.
    Before I went into hospital I had had months of feeling exhausted, low and being ill all the time. I didn't want to go to my GP with "tired all the time" as I "knew" that it was all my fault for being fat.
    Turns out I was really quite anaemic and needed a hefty dose of iron right away.
    So now despite still recovering from fairly major surgery to my chest, I feel 1000 times better thanks to the iron!
    So ladies PLEASE don't assume everything is weight related and "your fault", go and get the medical help you need!
    Donna
  • Thanks for posting this. !! Alot of the times it could medical reason why we are heavy as well. My sister had a really hard time losing weight she went to the doctor for a physical and they found out she had an issue with her thyroid. After she got that taken care of thw weigjt came off.
  • Seconded, turned out I was extremely low on iron too and my tummy's flattened a lot since I started taking that! (I say that, I still have a belly and a lot of weight to lose, but I'm nowhere near as lethargic)
  • Hey guys, I can vouch for this too. I have heaps of medical issues;

Insulin resistance
    Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (One ovary left)
    Horrendous Hormonal Problems
    Excess Facial Hair and Acne
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Depression & Anxiety
    Exhaustion & Insomnia
    Painful Joints
    Terrible Immune System

And yet I weigh only 8 and a half stone, the optimum weight for my height and age (26 years).

So yes Mountain Walker... symptoms aren't always to do with your weight.
  • It is important to choose right one since the first time. Thank you for the tips. Proper care will save money in long term.