newbe advice please?? x

• Hi, im new to all of this my first visit to one of these sites. Ive struggled on and off with my weight for the last 13 years. I'm currently my heaviest at 19.7. Ive lost weight previously on ww/sw Atkins slimming pill prescribed and naughty ones im at a desperate point where i feel this is my last option.

i went to see my gp last week. I walked into the surgery said what i was there for he kinda looked at me as if to say no chance! he said the guidelines had change and ur bmi needs to now be over 50 to qualify on the nhs (mine is 43.5) for funding. He said ok lets weigh you. I said before you do please be honest guess what you think i currently weigh he said around 16.7?? When he weighed me and realized my real weight he was quite surprised and then i had a crazy emotional breakdown.

He sent me away said we would apply for funding and to come back next week, I think this was because there was no talking to me whilst i was in this state and also to see if i was serious maybe? Anyway i returned this week i have full referral my bp is high i suffer from endermetriosis painful heavy periods worsened by weight gain. He printed off a chart of my weight over the last 13 years and said it goes in my favor as my weight has been up and down.

I'm now abit unsure what to expect really im kinda thinking im gonna be refused as there are others worse off? but also positive Ive made first step. he put down on my referral that i have completed a weight lost course via his referral and a years gym membership via his referral?

Any help advice would be really appreciated xx
  • Hi there,

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, but if it's surgery have you checked out the weight loss surgery part of the forum? I'm they'd be better able to help!

Good luck
  • Hi. thanks for your reply and sorry i wasn't to clear after reading back. Yeah its for wls. I will check that forum out. thanks x