UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/203/167

Height: 5"5

Default does anyone else take reductil?

hi. ive recently been put on reductil by my doctor. i went to see the nurse who does the weight management clinic cause my weight shot up from 12 stone 7lbs to 15 stone 7lbs in a matter of 4 months!!!! i just couldnt stop eating, nothing would fill be at all. i mean it was bad, i could quite easyly eat a full 12" pizza, a 7" garlic bread and a chicken burger, to myself, and still be hungry!!!!!!
she suggested that i see the doctor. he said that when your pregnant your eastrogen levels shoot up, this couses you to eat more and is your bodys way of getting you to eat more for your baby, i had my daughter in june 08, 6 weeks early, he said that in some woman the eastrogen levels remain very high so they carry on eating loads and loads for some weeks/motnths after. by this time your body is that used to eating the ammounts you have been eating that it jus carries on, it becomes a habbit.
these tablets send signals to the part of your brain, and in a way reprograms it so that you feel full after much much less.

its working brilliantly for me i must say and its only been 4 days.
nicolae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Not on reductil but I am on Xenical which have been a godsend for me.

I didn't know there was a link between oestrogen and appetite but I do know I have been oestrogen dominant since having my DD10 years ago which has played havoc with my periods. I do now wonder whether having a progestrone implant (Implanon) not only solved the mentrual problems I had but may be balancing out the oestrogen also helped with my appetite. All I know is that things seemed to 'click' a couple of years ago.

I hope the reductil continues to help you. My GP would't prescribe it to me as at the time my BP was on the high side.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

Hi. I am also on Reductil, and loving it! I cannot believe how much difference it has made, I am managing to eat about 1500 calories a day and I don't feel hungry at all. I used to think about food all the time, but the tablets have really taken the edge off. I don't think that I'm losing any more weight than I would if I ate the same number of calories and didn't take the tablets, only I can't stick to 1500 calories without the tablets. I'm just over two weeks into the course and so far so good, I really hope that the effect doesn't wear off over time.

I hope they are still working for you.

Lillibeth.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #4  
new dieter needing help!!

S/C/G: 14 stone 3 lb

Height: 5"5

hi im on reductil too was on accomplia but they were withdrawn....they were freaky tablets had really bad deja vu weird as it sounds!!! reductil works to a point...not saying it doesnt but only mental will power is going to work which i dont have at the moment needless 2 say thats why i signed upn 4 help! 1 thing i have in common is i have 4 kids(that wasnt it lol) but i had my last 2 early 1 12 and a half weeks would u believe it and the other 4 weeks i was not overweight before especially around my middrift and i never had the appitite of a horse so i believe it is true.........hope we can be of support to one another i have 4 stone 2 lose....firt time iv told ny1 x
trixiebell101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/242/168

Height: 5ft7

im on reductil as well.....but i have now stopped taking it to see if they do actually help me. I've been off them for a couple of weeks now and I'm still losing weight. I'm still getting the prescription and when I start plateauing I'll probably start taking them again....
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #6  
ann
ann

S/C/G: starting weight 210lbs

Height: 5 ft 2ins

not on reductil but i would love to be but my doctor keeps giving me xenical which does work more by deterring you from eating fatty foods but it does nothing to curb my hunger pangs it is so nice to find a uk link when i can talk stones instead of pounds my head hurts trying to convert 15 1/2 stone to pounds i'm sure i've underestimated the pounds on my profile but it was an honest mistake cross my heart
ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:38 AM   #7  
Slimming Down

S/C/G: 267/239/145

Height: 5"4

Default At Last Someone is using it

at last ppl knwo what I am talking about
Hi Ladies,
I used it twice in my life, once in 2003 and again last year after having my two babies and yest both were few weeks early.
I started with 10mg, and then moved to 15mg, it worked wonders with me, but I was on a 1500cal diet and excersing.
I stopped because I felt I want to do it on my own... my HW was 267 in March last year, then in October I weighed 220, but I just lost it and gained 19 pounds.... this month I started back but with out the reductil, I am trying "actrium2"; will see this month..and report back.
But Good luck to all.

Last edited by Sharry; 03-30-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Sharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:37 AM   #8  
aju

thanks to all those, i have just been prescibed reductil, just do not know what diet to follow with reductil, as i was told a Atkins might be the best
aju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

No but I could always eat tons of food for about a year after each pregnancy. Was a very hard habit to break - especially after having my 3rd child. Most people I know lost weight quickly after pregnancy so nice to see I'm not the only person who couldn't stop eating after pregnancy!
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #10  
aju

hey, i wanted to know what diet to follow with reductil, i have been prescibe and would like to loose at least a stone in 3 weeks time due to my wedding. would love to hear everyones advice as i am pretty depretate. i do go gym and excercise too.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #11  

Hey! I am not on reductil but want to know what diet to follow with reductil.
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:27 AM   #12  
aju

i was told high protein, low card, or weight watcher, just do not know, very confused
Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #13  

Default Reductil

I just started to take Reductil in last weeks and already I'm feel better . It's an amazing feeling, I'm finally losing my weight. I made order on reductil-sibutramine.biz and I have no side effects, just a dry mouth.
Be ambitious and believe in yourself!
anemary is offline   Reply With Quote