UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 198/172/140

Height: 5' 4"

rs87 - hey, you. Don't worry about the past, and focus on the now. If you were ill, then your body needed to recover. Dust yourself off and look forward . You're three pounds lighter than you were three weeks ago, so three more weeks and maybe you'll be nearly half a stone lighter than you were on 1st Jan.

Every pound really does count...

1987 - well done! Six stone lost? That's amazing! If I can be half as successful as you've been then I'll be chuffed, so you must feel AMAZING when you look back at what you've achieved!

takingcontrol - hurrah, you've returned! I was wondering what had happened - are you feeling better now?

Leaves - could you tell him you need his support and ask if he can not eat them in front of you? Or, could you buy some of the high cocoa content chocolate so you can have a very small square and not feel left out but not need to eat that much to get the 'hit'?
Cofa Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #107  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Will definitely be my plan on the next supermarket trip. Unfortunately we have a huge tin of Roses left over from Christmas though!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #108  

Weekly Wednesday weigh-in time...2lbs lost! Had a bad Monday as was back at work (part time) after the end of my maternity leave so was a bit anxious about returning and leaving my little man at nursery, and somehow ate an unplanned two bread rolls with my soup and a four finger Kit Kat bar to try and make it better...

So, 2lbs is a good steady loss - one more pound next week and I'll have lost a stone since 1st Jan.

Any other Wednesday weigh-ins out there?

Last edited by Cofa Tree; 01-30-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #109  

I'm feeling so disheartened today- been working so hard for the past week, put my favourite pink jeans on this morning and they feel tighter than ever!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cofa Tree View Post
rs87 - hey, you. Don't worry about the past, and focus on the now. If you were ill, then your body needed to recover. Dust yourself off and look forward . You're three pounds lighter than you were three weeks ago, so three more weeks and maybe you'll be nearly half a stone lighter than you were on 1st Jan.

Every pound really does count...

1987 - well done! Six stone lost? That's amazing! If I can be half as successful as you've been then I'll be chuffed, so you must feel AMAZING when you look back at what you've achieved!

takingcontrol - hurrah, you've returned! I was wondering what had happened - are you feeling better now?

Leaves - could you tell him you need his support and ask if he can not eat them in front of you? Or, could you buy some of the high cocoa content chocolate so you can have a very small square and not feel left out but not need to eat that much to get the 'hit'?
Thank you you can do this too, I promise!

Heh, I do feel SO much better about myself but I still have problem areas and I definitely need to tone up.

I'm down to 137lbs as of today, but I am definitely dropping my goal again as I have more to lose. It's weird, when I first started losing weight I would have thought 137lbs was tiny but now I am living it, I can see I have a way to go.

Hope everyone is having a good week xxx
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #111  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hello all!

So, I have a new battle plan, Wednesday evenings are down time, along with a carefully portioned section of each weekend, depending on what's happening. I want this to be for life, and being 'perfect' all the time isn't a reality, so this way will hopefully make it stick!

Needless to say, last night was lovely, Burrito, a couple of beers and some dark chocolate! Before that I had a great 2.5 days of on planness with exercise and diet, and this morning I've woken with a renewed determination to keep at this.

1987 You have done amazingly well, congrats! I also remember when my end weight seemed to small, but I too think I'll have to lower, there's no way my legs are going to look good at 150, but at over 200 135 - 140 just seemed the stuff of dreams! Good luck with your toning, are you using any sort of exercise regime?

Leaves firstly, I LOVE that you have pink jeans! Today is a new day, keep plugging away. You KNOW that if you keep on making good choices soon enough you'll be rocking those jeans, and if not you wont. It's that simple, keep going!

CofaTree whoop to the loss! I'm not weighing in at all at the moment, but maybe I'll join your Wednesday club when I restart! How's work going now? Did you little one enjoy nursery? And yes, I'm feeling much better thank you! Just had a nasty cold/chesty cough bug but it really took some shifting, I'm back with a bang now though

Have a great Thursday everyone
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #112  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Just realised it's the last day of January today, so perhaps a good time to reflect on what we've all achieved so far in 2013 and to make our own pledges for February, taking whatever form you like!

Feel free to copy and paste the format below and fill in your answers to all or some of the statements, or just write what you have/want to achieve in a post. In a month it'll be great to look back and see how far we've come!

I'll think about mine and be back to post later on......

I'm proud that I ............................... in January

My January journey taught me ..................... the hard way

In January I slipped up when I .......................... and I'll ..................... to try to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

In February I will .........................................

In February I won't ......................................

In February I hope that ................................
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #113  

Yes, I think my 'ideal' bmi weight is about another 14lbs under my goal, but that just seems too far away at the moment...if I can get as close as poss to my goal before I get pregnant again, then maybe the ultimate aim can be for that lower goal after baby number two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by takingcontrol View Post
CofaTree whoop to the loss! I'm not weighing in at all at the moment, but maybe I'll join your Wednesday club when I restart! How's work going now? Did you little one enjoy nursery? And yes, I'm feeling much better thank you! Just had a nasty cold/chesty cough bug but it really took some shifting, I'm back with a bang now
Thanks - i'm very pleased with myself . Glad you are feeling better and good on you for getting back on it. Work was a lot better today and I didn't feel the need to (over)eat. Little man is having a whale of a time at nursery so I'm happy he's settled and our new routine is all starting to fall into place.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #114  

Great idea takingcontrol!

I'm proud that I made healthy eating choices throughout the whole of January

My January journey taught me that mindless snacking is a shocking way of racking up calories

In January I slipped up when I was anxious about change and I'll allow extra healthy snacks if I'm in a similar situation to try to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

In February I will limit my drinking to a glass of wine per day at the weekend to ensure I don't wreck the good work done in Jan (didn't drink at all in Jan)

In February I won't lose focus and won't stop making food from scratch

In February I hope that I lose enough to fit into the dress I deliberately bought in the next dress size down
Old 02-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #115  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Today I went to see an osteopath who works out of a dance studio - Pineapple Studios if you've seen the reality tv show. I needed to use the ladies and went thru the changing rooms. My goodness, did I feel gargantuan!! So many teeny tiny willowy people. I use open showers at my yoga studios and don't feel this big. And of course though I'm a big gal on my rugby team - there are a whole range of sizes in the changing rooms.

And the osteo, who obviously sees lots of dancers, was comparing my physique - saying how much more stable and strong I was than the dancers he sees - and that I'm heavily muscled and that although I have some problems with flexibility - I'll never be super flexible, but that there's strength in that.

Be proud of your strengths!!

Besides I could have picked up and thrown aside a lot of those gals
___
I'm proud that I didn't smoke and kept on with my fitness plans and lost 8-9 pounds in January

My January journey taught me that I need to find other ways to comfort myself besides food.

In January I slipped up here and there by eating past my 'satiety' point and I'll eat more slowly and mindfully to try to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

In February I will keep running and start lifting and keep going to yoga!

In February I won't smoke!

In February I hope that get to play some rugby and don't break anything (on me!)
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #116  

AlmostMe - core strength and stability are definitely attributes to be proud of! How's the no smoking going? Must be tough to be doing it with healthy eating as well, but the benefits will be amazing.

How's everyone else doing? I've been sticking to my calorie limits and walking most days this week, but seem to be on for a one pound loss at my weekly weigh-in tomorrow am. Would have liked to have lost a bit more, particularly as I know I haven't cheated myself in any way, but hey-ho, a pound off is still a pound in the right direction.

Had an ultrasound scan yesterday and been diagnosed with a gallstone. Seeing the doctor tomorrow and not sure what changes I'll need to make. Bit frustrated as wanted the all-clear to get on with Zumba and 30day shred, but as it hurts to do anything more than a brisk walk, I don't think I'll get the go ahead tomorrow to resume...and a gallstone attack is sooooo painful that I'm not going to go against medical advice if it increases the likelihood of another attack!

Last edited by Cofa Tree; 02-05-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 AM   #117  

Me again...bit lonely in this chat thread

Lost 2lbs this week so all going in the right direction. Wish I could speed it up with exercise but can't at minute (see post above), so will just stick to what I'm doing.

Hope everyone has a fit and healthy Wednesday!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #118  
i CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 230/226/140

Height: 5 4

Well done on your loss this week. I'm not stepping on the scales until Friday but am hoping for a pound at least. Went to gym last night and hope to go again tomorrow night. Keep up the good work.
lolloveschocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #119  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey there! Cofa Tree - gallstones? Sounds terrible! Brisk walking is still great exercise.

Yep, no smoking for me. I had a couple of drags on a night out...but been good since.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #120  

Just found out that I've got a place on a course to train to be a music teacher this September!

Treated myself to a delicious pear