3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Anyone UK chicks getting in shape for IVF or fertility treatment? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/271997-anyone-uk-chicks-getting-shape-ivf-fertility-treatment.html)

SRJ2013 12-27-2012 05:25 PM

Anyone UK chicks getting in shape for IVF or fertility treatment?

Hi Everyone

I have just joined up and am hoping that sharing this experience with positive people will help me to stay motivated and successfully lose this extra fat once and for all!

I have just had my calculator out and worked out that I'd really like to lose five stone but am going to aim for four stone initially - that sounds so straight forward hehe :dizzy:

I started to gain weight when I left home for uni and it has steadily crept up through the first few years of married life. I have always loved eating - whether for comfort, stress, sadness or happiness! Four years ago we approached the GP because we weren't pregnant after trying for some time, and to cut a long story a bit shorter, we had three rounds of IVF, and now have a beautiful daughter.

Next year we are aiming for another IVF in September ish so I want to lose weight in preparation but to try and retrain my brain into a healthier lifestyle to give my daughter someone to look up to and to feel happier myself.

Would love to hear from others in a similar situation and hope we could help each other along the way!

xxxx:hug:

1987 12-27-2012 06:09 PM

Hello & welcome to the forum!

Great to hear you have a daughter and are keen to expand your family! How exciting :)

I'm not in the same boat myself (no children or desire for any quite yet) but I think there are a few people across the boards in a similar situation with regards to the pregnancy weightloss motivation.

Best of luck with the four stone goal - what's your plan?

janeybabs 12-28-2012 04:18 AM

Hiya, I'm jumping back on board. This year I am determined. Wow 1987....your so close to goal!

1987 12-28-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janeybabs (Post 4566233)
Hiya, I'm jumping back on board. This year I am determined. Wow 1987....your so close to goal!

:wave:

Yes not too far off :D

AngelCOH 01-06-2013 02:04 PM

Hi SRJ

I am losing weight so I can get pregnant in the not too distant future. I am not yet TTC (my husband currently lives abroad) but I have PCOS so was told by my hospital consultant I would prob need IVF. If I want that on the NHS I need to lose 100lb. Gulp!!!

I wish you the very best!

alexbuxton 01-08-2013 01:28 PM

chatting about diets on television in London

Hi Angel COH,

I'll just preface this by saying that this isn't spam. I've been in touch with Suzanne at 3FC who as very kindly indeed allowed me to chat to you guys about our project. I've also just posted a similar message to She Bear, I hope you don't mind.

I work for a TV production company in London and we're currently making a new series about weight loss. We'll be doing some filming near St Paul's on Friday, and we're looking for people who'd like to come down and talk about their diets. Your story sounds very interesting, and seeing as you're in London I wanted to ask if you might want to come down and tell us a bit more about it on camera.

It's nothing sinister at all, and shouldn't last for very long. We're looking to speak to as many people as possible to get an idea of all the different diets out there and why people do them.

If you're interested please to get in touch at alex.buxton(at)freshone.tv

I hope to hear from you!

Alex

Cofa Tree 01-08-2013 03:47 PM

Hi all

Not treatment (all being well), but will be ttc from May onwards, so I have five months to lose as much as possible before then!

Good luck to us all!

Cofa

lyndzro 01-11-2013 02:35 PM

Hi there, yes this is my goal! I am not TTC yet, I'm putting this off until May/ June for financial reasons but at the same time worry if my weight will be a barrier to getting pregnant, I dont know if I have PCOS or anything like that, so I am determined over the next 6 months to lose as much weight as possible (aiming for about 50-60lbs) so I can have a little one in the next few years :) best of luck to everyone x

purplekitten7 01-11-2013 03:12 PM

One of my main reasons for wanting to lose weight is to start a family, we haven't been trying yet but I want to reach my goal weight to limit the risks for both baby and me, I had a miscarriage in 2011 and can't help but feel guilty in case my weight was a factor. Good luck!

Cofa Tree 01-13-2013 03:04 PM

Another baby-related reason to spur people on, is that if we are luckily enough to lose the weight and fall pregnant as suitably skinny minnies, at our 12wk and 20wk scans, it won't have emblazoned across the top of the precious photo that you show everyone 'view restricted by maternal bmi' :o.

Both my photos were very poor quality and I was so disappointed, but it suddenly dawned on me that it was my fat obscuring the view that had meant they couldn't get a clear photo :(

Editing to add - but believe me, I do appreciate the fact that I was able to get pregnant and give birth in the first place. I have friends who have struggled on both counts so my heart goes out to anyone dealing with this.